Teams to follow 2015/16

Out of curiosity I think it would be nice to know, which other NBA teams outside of our beloved Kings the members of KingsFans.com will follow during the upcoming season and why.
The NBA season is long and contains so many games, that no one can actually follow all of them. So maybe this thread might serve as a decision support for some of us, when it comes to the question which games are worth watching.

Teams I will follow in the beginning of the season:

1. Kings.....;)

2. Celtics
Watched most last seasons Celtics games during the Summer, because I wanted to learn more about current Rajon Rondo and really liked what I saw from the whole team. Watched every Celtics game during the preseason and came away even more impressed.
Celtics are worth a watch for every fan, who likes good defense, passing and team ball.
The main attraction is the three headed defensive unit of Smart, Bradley and Crowder, who really get after it and will cause all kinds of problems for the opposing perimeter players.
The starting unit is most likely rounded out by Lee and Zeller, who are intelligent, crafty big man, able to create, pass and finish.
Biggest takeaway from the preseason is, that the Celtics have quite some depth on the roster. Every player on the roster is versatile and is able to score in a variety of ways.
Stevens uses this advantage to the fullest and gives his players, even the PF/C's, the freedom to put the ball on the floor to attack the defense.
The offense is fast, free flowing and relies heavily on ball and player movement.
So while the Celtics have no star power yet, every player on the roster can score in double digits if given the opportunity, making it difficult to gameplan for the Celtics.
I expect them to make the playoffs in the East this year and wouldn't be suprised, if they are able to advance into the second round.

Definitely a well coached, well thought out team with a tough, defensive mindset.
Players, who might have breakout years: Smart, Zeller, Olynyk

3. Knicks
Still have a soft spot in my heart for the Knicks, because of the early 90's team with Ewing, Starks, Oakley and Mason. After watching two preseason games I think it might be worth, to finally watch some Knicks games again.
Porzingis looks like a very interesting player and the Knicks finally act more as a unit.
But after all it's still Carmelo's team and I'm not sure, if I can stand watching him chucking from the perimeter. Maybe Fisher is able to control him. So I will give the Knicks a try in the beginning of the season.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Pelicans: Two of my three favorite non-Kings play for New Orleans.
Grizzlies: Because GRIND~!, that's why.
Bobcats Hornets: Been following Charlotte since they got Wallace. And Jeezy is my third-favorite big man in the league.
Spurs: Old Man Riverwalk. Salty Gregg Popovich. Dat ***** Diaw. Becky Hammon. Based Kawhi Leonard. Mister West. Sure, why not?
Bucks: They intrigue me.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Spurs-self explanatory, and my favorites to win it all
Chi-love me some D Rose
NO-love me some Davis/Reke
OKC-love me some Westbrook. Actually not much of a Durant fan. I hope they struggle and Durant leaves for Wash
DAL-love me some Dirk, but they'll struggle. Still, an all-time great in his last few years
GS-my local team

Teams I have little desire to watch:
Philly
ATL
Bos
Hou
Utah
Bucks
Por
Tor

but I do end up catching games for almost every team with LP on days the Kings aren't playing.

Then I'll tune on for young players or situations which interest me, like Orl, or to see some Porzingis in NY or watch some Mudiay/Malone in Den.

For me it's Kings, then a big drop off to Celtics and Blazers.

I probably have a pecking order for the entire NBA on who I'd root for any given game, but aside from those 3 I'll probably watch Arizona hoops the most.

K

KingMilz

#Timberwolves: Andre Miller and Bjelica I love watching and Big KAT looks like he's going to be a stud and they are loaded with young talent.
#Indiana: I really want to see how PG13 and Monta gel and I really like there rookie also in Myles Turner.
#Suns: I love Markief Morris and TJ Warren you also got the excitment of Bled
#Knicks: Always had a soft spot for D-Will despite pissing me off consistently and Kyle O'Quinn is in my top 5-7 players that I enjoy watching

Aside from the Kings I mainly base it on players I like

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'll follow the Wizards as I always do and then after that probably Minnesota and then from there I start caring less and less

Pelicans: Two of my three favorite non-Kings play for New Orleans.
Grizzlies: Because GRIND~!, that's why.
Bobcats Hornets: Been following Charlotte since they got Wallace. And Jeezy is my third-favorite big man in the league.
Spurs: Old Man Riverwalk. Salty Gregg Popovich. Dat ***** Diaw. Becky Hammon. Based Kawhi Leonard. Mister West. Sure, why not?
Bucks: They intrigue me.
Nate Robinson and Ryan Anderson? :p

#Timberwolves: Andre Miller and Bjelica I love watching and Big KAT looks like he's going to be a stud and they are loaded with young talent.
#Indiana: I really want to see how PG13 and Monta gel and I really like there rookie also in Myles Turner.
#Suns: I love Markief Morris and TJ Warren you also got the excitment of Bled
#Knicks: Always had a soft spot for D-Will despite pissing me off consistently and Kyle O'Quinn is in my top 5-7 players that I enjoy watching

Aside from the Kings I mainly base it on players I like
The Pacers look entirely different. I never expected them to establish a whole new playstyle that quickly after West and Hibbert left.
Will be interesting, if this faster playstyle with lots of 3pointers will lead them into the playoffs.

Detroit looks pretty solid too. Added more shooters, Johnson will contribute right away and it remains to be seen, if they can turn it around, now that they have finally given up on the twin towers approach.

Teams playing two traditional big man are rare nowadays.

Unlike other sports with basketball and the NBA in particular I'll watch any game that is on if I have the free time.

Obviously I'll watch as many Kings games as I can. Beyond that here are the teams I'll be most excited to check out.

Golden State. I think they are still the class of the NBA. A clinic on offense, a loaded, versatile roster, extremely solid on defense and great coaching, ball movement etc. They put on a clinic most nights and barring big injury concerns I think another year together will only make them that much better.

Utah. I want to see if their defensive transformation the last half of last season is for real. Gobert is a monster inside and they are a team that will likely be battling the Kings for the last spot or two in the playoffs.

New Orleans. Same as Utah except that we're watching a superstar emerge in AD and I always like rooting for Tyreke and Ryan Anderson when they aren't playing the Kings.

Milwaukee. Personally I think they are now the best looking squad due to their rebranding efforts and their collection of young talent. Whether it all meshes will remain to be seen. They essentially have 3 really talented swingmen in Parker, Antetokounmpo and Middleton to play the 2,3 and 4. Monroe looks like a great fit at the five but I'm not sold on MCW and I don't see enough rebounding or shooting on this team. Still, they should be fun to watch and could make some noise in the East.

Lakers. I hope they chuck their way to 60 losses.

Clippers. Another team I like to root against but Lob City is actually entertaining to watch. I don't know how their all-gunning bench is going to work out, whether Stephenson will help or hurt them and how much they'll miss Barnes, who is the kind of gritty, semi-dirty player every great team needs.

Memphis. I just love watching the Grizz do their thing.

San Antonio. Still the most fundamental and disciplined team in the league. But I don't think David West and LMA are going to improve them the way most people believe. I just don't think they are great fits and I'll be curious to see if I'm right or wrong on that.

Denver. Mudiay should make them fun and I like keeping tabs on Mike Malone. Plus they are potentially another team fighting for the last playoff spot.

Cleveland. I think the thought process is that the Cavs made it to the finals without Irving and Love so now they should be even more potent with them. But for me I think taking away two high usage offensive players with poor defense and replacing them with role players who hustled and defended actually played more to LeBron's strengths. We'll see.

Then again I can think of compelling reasons to watch pretty much every team. Even the Sixers if only to watch Noel and Okafor develop. I love basketball season.

I barely have enough time to watch Kings games. Add a team or two, I would have to switch to part-time and my wife would most likely divorce me due to watching too much basketball!

Just the Kings for me is fine and more than enough to quench my thirst for basketball.

Edit: I do keep up on scores, records, and all that, plus I like to watch the playoffs. That's about it really. If I had to really name a 2nd "favorite," it would have to be the Wolves. I like their collection of young talent, though today is obviously a very sad day for them and the NBA.

Last edited:
K

KingMilz

My wildcard team could depending on injury be the Mavs they have 5 super savvy players in there starting 5 in Dirk/Wes/Deron (both athletically looked good in 1 preseason game)/Parsons and Zaza that's some serious ball movement/shooting and basketball IQ. I think it terms of pure basketball if they can play together that starting 5 could play some beautiful basketball. Also Raymond Felton has literally arisen from the dead and is playing like a actual starting PG in preseason anyway.

I really hope like our Rondo, Deron bounces back his game when he was on back in his Utah days he was exciting a PG as I have seen, he seems to have got some of his speed back was breaking ankles quiet a few times in that Mavs/Bulls game.

I plan on watching the Nuggets with a bit more intent this year. Hell, I can't remember the last time they held anyone to 85 points in a half, let alone a game.