TDOS Drafts

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
We have a tradition around when the depths of the TDOS (The Damn Off Season) are upon us, not much is going on, and you keep coming back to the site, hitting refresh, and seeing the same topics and responses popping up.

Over in the Lounge forum we start several game threads to pass the time/keep people interested as we wait for things to happen/the season to start. The games take the form of semi-competitive drafts amongst forum members on various topics, with each member trying to draft the best set of whatever. This TDOS the two drafts are going to be:

1) Cover Song Draft -- which as it says is a draft entirely dedicated to drafting up your favorite covers of popular songs (the particular gimmick is that you are marooned on a tropical island and only get to bring along a handful of songs to entertain yourself eternally). Currently there are 10 people signed up there, 16 would be great for a nice little competitive draft. Draft order is randomized, then its serpentine as everybody fights over who gets Rebecca Black's cover of Let It Be. After a set number of rounds, all the lists are tallied up, and there is a playoffs where the lists are seeded and go head to head to determine who is the Cover Song Champ. You even get a nifty little trophy for your avatar if you want it.

Here's the thread, signups in progress:
http://kingsfans.com/threads/tdos-tropical-island-ipod-cover-draft-sign-ups-in-progress.57598/

2) All Time Kings Fantasy Draft -- a draft dedicated to drafting the very best team possible from all the players who have ever played for the Sacrmamento Kings. One coach as well. Each team will be 8 men deep, and do to a special; rule I am debuting this time, every team will have one of the franchise's few superstars to anchor it before selecting the rest of the roster per usual. So if you ever wanted to repair Reke and Cuz, put back together that 2001-02 squad, or see if there is any possible way to win with Wayman Tiusdale as your starting PF, this is the draft for you. Currently we have 9 signups. 12-14 would be a target (we could go to 16 if there was a mad rush of interest, but there have only been 14 coaches in team history, so I think we'd clone 3 Adelmans (16 total coaches) to present an interesting tactical choice for drafters whether to take a better player, or the only wining coach we have ever had.

The thread, signups in progress:
http://kingsfans.com/threads/tdos-all-time-kings-fantasy-draft-ii-signups-in-progress.57601/

In order to get these things done by the time camp rolls around, we're going to have to complete signups and get started here this week, so if you want to hop into one of them, or both, just drop a note in the particular thread and we'll be off.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
ok, standing this morning at 14 drafters in the Music Cover Draft, and 10 in the Kings Fantasy Draft. Room for a couple more in the Covers, and 2-4 more in the Fantasy draft. Then we'll determine draft orders and be off.