tdos: brandon knight + 13th pick for 8th pick + filler

In all honesty, I think I'd rather keep Rudy and the 8. Knight struggles tremendously on defense, and I don't think he has enough offense to make up for it. He's a scoring guard which I really like, but I think we're better off with Rudy.

He fits on offense extremely nice to Cousins, but this makes me worry A LOT about our SF position. We'd need to look at FA. I love Casspi, but he's not a starter.

I would actually gamble on Knight. Young, can be a dynamic on offense sometimes, decent athleticism. I think with a good solid coach, we could get more out of him.

Rather trade Gay , Collison and the #8 to Lakers for Clarkson , Nick Young and #2
Not sure the Lakers would go for that. Ok, Rudy Gay is a proven 20ppg player but he's already reached his ceiling and is a complimentary piece to the puzzle. Collision is a decent back up and occasional starter. But the Lakers have the chance to draft a potential star player in Ingram (or Simmons if the 76ers unexpectedly draft Ingram) who is 18 years old and has a ton of upside. I think they'd rather keep hold of Clarkson as well as their backup PG and SG.

Did not see this http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2016/...-trade-brandon-knight-rudy-gay-timothe-luwawu posted.
Obviously, just fantasy, but if guards we like are gone, I would pull the trigger.

Not so much for giving Rudy for nothing.
Of their two PGs I'd rather have Bledsoe, but if we are trading for a PG I'd rather see us acquire a better play maker than Knight who has yet to average 6 APG.

Knight can play a little bit off the ball as a catch-and-shoot threat, and can also play so PnR, but he's never been a good passer...your offense will sputter if he's the only PG/passer on the court. Unless we get a primary passing threat, I will...pass.

Darn, I thought we had a real shot there.
You think Collison and Gay are that horrible? You think Ingram is going to be as good as Porzengas in his first season? Lakers could turn the 8 into a #5 and get Hield Collision and Gay to go with Russel and Randle. Plus they have LA attraction to sign Ezeli, Barnes or Love. Improved roster if you ask me. And they seem to like Hield.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
You think Collison and Gay are that horrible? You think Ingram is going to be as good as Porzengas in his first season? Lakers could turn the 8 into a #5 and get Hield Collision and Gay to go with Russel and Randle. Plus they have LA attraction to sign Ezeli, Barnes or Love. Improved roster if you ask me. And they seem to like Hield.
Collison has very little value right now due to the DV charges.

So basically, the question is, would the Lakers rather have Ingram and Young (and Clarkson) or would they rather have Gay and a guy facing DV charges and a chance at Hield? The former option seems the obvious one.

I'm not sure how you're turning the #8 pick into the #5 pick there, but it would certainly cost them something, so they're actually giving up more than you suggested.

Bottom line, that's not a good enough deal to get Ingram.