Summer League Roster

Has anything been said by the Kings about who will be on their Summer League Roster?

I'm guessing WCS, Moreland, Stauskas, and Stockton, with hopeful wishes to also see Corey Hawkins and maybe Sim Bhullar, plus some other unknowns to me.

Ben will play too. For a few games at least.
I think, it will consist mostly of local kids, that were in for workouts, plus a couple of borderline NBA vets/DLeague guys, that look to find a place to stick around or at least looking for a training camp invite. Would be nice to get a couple of good non-drafted FAs, but Kings have guards and bigs, that look like they have a very good chance to make the team in October, so I guess, only some wings or wing-forwards will be enthusiastic about their chances to get to the training camp. Treveon Graham, Jonathan Holmes or Vince Hunter might accept the invite. Damn you Pistons for stealing Hilliard!

I would like to see Ben and Ray play. Neither has a spot secured. Maybe not the whole thing but the first three games before the crazy play everday tournament. Plus Summer League is where we always see Boogie and other vets hang around, it will be interesting if we see that this year.

Ray/Stockton
Stauskas
Ben
Moreland
WCS

I would like to see Ben and Ray play. Neither has a spot secured. Maybe not the whole thing but the first three games before the crazy play everday tournament. Plus Summer League is where we always see Boogie and other vets hang around, it will be interesting if we see that this year.

Ray/Stockton
Stauskas
Ben
Moreland
WCS
Ray won't play.

There has been some interest in Moreland from Denver and the Heat. I wouldn't be surprised if a mini trade comes up here.
The time to have traded Moreland was yesterday, when the Kings could have got a 2nd round pick for him.

Now, unless you use him as a sweetener in a bigger trade, like for Lawson, I would rather see what he can do when healthy.

The time to have traded Moreland was yesterday, when the Kings could have got a 2nd round pick for him.

Now, unless you use him as a sweetener in a bigger trade, like for Lawson, I would rather see what he can do when healthy.
I really have next to no opinion of him. He was hurt, showed a small flash last summer. Meh to me. But once some dust settles and camp rosters start to fill out they may make some sort of offer to our FO that is reasonable.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yep, McCallum already said that he wouldn't be playing in summer league. I don't know about Ben. There were some players that went undrafted that might be worth inviting. Christian Wood, Mouhammadou Jaiteh, Aaron Harrison, and the troubled, very talented big man, who I'm sure will attract someone interest is Robert Upshaw.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I really have next to no opinion of him. He was hurt, showed a small flash last summer. Meh to me. But once some dust settles and camp rosters start to fill out they may make some sort of offer to our FO that is reasonable.
To be fair, it may be a small flash because its summer league, but within the confines of summer league, he made a big flash. It was big enough for the Kings to sign him to a three year contract. He's still unproven due to his injury, but he could be part of the Kings future.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see the Kings snatch up Cliff Alexander as an UFA and put him on the roster. I really thought he'd get picked by someone last night, still think he's got a chance to make it in the league.
I'd have no problem with him being ou our summer league roster, but that's it for now. He had problems staying on the floor at Kansas. Right now he's an undersized PF, although he does have a good wingspan. He's a long way from being ready to play in the NBA.

I'd like to see the Kings snatch up Cliff Alexander as an UFA and put him on the roster. I really thought he'd get picked by someone last night, still think he's got a chance to make it in the league.
what about bringing on that kid Woods? out of UNLV I believe?
Agent of any decent undrafted big looks at Kings SL roster, sees two rookie bigs under contract, remembers promises of fighting for PO and realizes, that any additional big men on the roster will very likely be vets, so their clients should have little interest of getting a shot with this team, unless Kings will say, that Moreland will likely be traded.

Agree, although I wouldn't have been too eager to ship him off after he showed us some skills last year. Cuz, WCS, JT and Moreland give us a bit of everything. And if Rudy can give us some quality minutes at the 4, then we are good with the 4 & 5 and we can just focus on the other weak spots.

gunks

Hall of Famer
not too eager to give up on Moreland yet....I'd like to see how he's recovered from his surgery and if he improved at all. Even if he hasn't...you can never have too much size and shot blocking ability. Stash him on the bench and play him if necessary.
+1 to that.

Especially if WCS needs his minutes limited. Would be nice to have a two headed shot blocking monster in WCS and Moreland...

.... assuming they both pan out of course.

What's interesting is that Moreland is an even better shot blocker than WCS, and a better rebounder. However, WCS is a more versatile defender and may have more upside on the offensive end.

So... keep em both!

Moreland is pretty redundant with WCS in but at the same time you don't give him away. Can probably stick around as a continued project, or maybe used as a deal sweetener for the right piece. I wonder if we can pry Chandler from Denver. Maybe Nik and Moreland?

I don't have a lot of hope with Moreland, mainly because I didn't see a lot of his game. I cheer for the big man, though. If someone can convince me about his game, please do so!

Doug Haller ‏@DougHaller
Former ASU forward Shaquielle McKissic will play for the Sacramento Kings in the NBA Summer League.
Apparently Kings are getting this guy for their SL team.

Doug Haller ‏@DougHaller
Shaquielle McKissic's story is well-known. Made mistakes growing up. Took responsibility. Set goals. Chasing them. Great story.

Listed at 6'5", 200, but looks a bit shorter.
Will turn 25 in August, so very close to finished product with maybe some polish possible.
Pretty explosive vertically and extremely mobile. Very good first step and advanced handles, drives well with contact - had excellent FT rate and A/TO ratio as a junior on a stronger team, but senior year had to carry the team and efficiency dropped. Not a good shooter(can't shoot off the dribble, set shot looks pretty slow, 67% FT shooter). Good rebounding and steal numbers.

Has a very dedicated fan to create such long highlights:

Moreland is pretty redundant with WCS in but at the same time you don't give him away. Can probably stick around as a continued project, or maybe used as a deal sweetener for the right piece. I wonder if we can pry Chandler from Denver. Maybe Nik and Moreland?
Are we that deep at the frontline where we have the luxury of just giving shot blocking bigs away?

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Watching Moreland first hand at Summer League last year he was very impressive in that environment and seemed very coachable. Could end up the 4th big for the 4 and 5 with the occasional Rudy at the 4. Too early to unload him until his upside is better defined, this summer and training camp.