Summer League Game 1: Pistons vs. Kings Game Thread

Will DeMarcus Cousins get T'd up in his first game?

• Yes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • No

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • N/A his tooth is cracked and he is sitting this one out

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Can't sleep, and these threads about making the playoffs next year are not helping either!

Assistant Coach Mario Elie will be coaching our summer league team and he mentioned our starting line up for today's game is still a little up in the air but today will be Donte day with Tuesday being more Casspi oriented. Here's my predcited starting line up:

PG Donald Sloan
SG Sylvan Landesburg
SF Donte Greene
PF Hassan Whiteside
C DeMarcus Cousins

Game starts at 3 PM PST and we will get to see how our rookie Center DMC fares against Detoit's consolation prize Greg Monroe (a name that used to be the equivalent of the black spot pre draft around here).

Best way to watch this game if you don't have NBA TV is on ESPN3.com

Last edited:
Elie said the plan is to go to Cousins on the block a bunch, so I hope they execute that and don't let things degenerate into the frantic pickup game these matches can be. I really want to see him work Monroe in the post.

Yah I just read that too, glad to see Donte will be getting around 25-30 minutes and then Casspi coming in and getting the same minutes fir Tuesday's game. Elie also said that DMC feels
he is fouled every single play down in the paint thus the reason I have the technical poll. Elie said he was curious to see how DMC reacts to getting T'd.

Wow I've never been this excited to see a summer league game, I've been anticipating this since the SL schedule was released. I admit as a fan that was mad as hell that we passed on Rubio I wasn't that excited about Reke(I knew nothing about him, I'm gladly eating crow now though:)), but I cannot wait to see what Cousins can do even in a meaningless Summer League game. I hope Monroe has to check him too, he's gonna eat him alive.

I'm def thinking Donte is gonna shine with blocked shots and dunks a plenty should be fun.

I'm trying not to raise my expectations too high, because you rarely see post players put up big games in SL. Although, Caracter already has two big double-doubles with an analagous game, so it can happen.

At work, but my lunch is at 1PM PST and I have the summer league pass

I will try to catch as much as possible and post my thoughts on his play.

Are these games run on time for the most part? I see there is another live game right before the Kings game. So if that game goes long does our game start later?

Are these games run on time for the most part? I see there is another live game right before the Kings game. So if that game goes long does our game start later?
The Orlando games were usually started about 20-30 min later. So far the Vegas games have been running a little quicker for whatever reason. My guess is tip about 6:10-6:15 for us on the east coast and 3:10-3:15 pacific time. After the game the teams playing in the next game have a 15 min warm up

The Orlando games were usually started about 20-30 min later. So far the Vegas games have been running a little quicker for whatever reason. My guess is tip about 6:10-6:15 for us on the east coast and 3:10-3:15 pacific time. After the game the teams playing in the next game have a 15 min warm up
OK great, thanks. Just set up the DVR to record long.

I can't wait. At least watching Caracter play in the meantime is fun. I think his conditioning issues are starting to show up. He's fouling a lot and is losing his touch around a rim a little bit. But he's still rebounding great.

I want to see Boogie put up some great numbers and climb to the top of the rookie rankings - Generate some early buzz to help with that ROY campaign! :cool:

I can't wait. At least watching Caracter play in the meantime is fun. I think his conditioning issues are starting to show up. He's fouling a lot and is losing his touch around a rim a little bit. But he's still rebounding great.
He's closing in on a quadruple double if you count fouls and TO's. ;)

I also gotta mention that I love listening to Walt Frazier. Imagine Walter and Walton calling a game together. Lol.

Last edited:
Dang! Forgot to set my DVR. :( I'll check in on ESPN360, until I have to leave for an appointment.

Guess I'll just have to rely on the astute analysis of my fellow kingsfans. :)