Summer League Consolation Round Kings Vs. Miami

Heh

I just started up a game thread.

I am at the game and wondered why no one had started one or was talking about it.

If you can't find it on TV that explains it.

Think you have to have summer league pass to watch this one.

Guard play is just atrocious. They aren't even playing Shabazz or Winslow and they're dominating.

At least WCS and Moreland's stats are looking sound.

A painful first quarter and fact that we are losing by 18 doesn't quite do the poor play justice.

A couple good plays by WCS and Moreland and not much else

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'll play guard! Can I play guard? Pretty please!!!

Quite the summer league squad we have assembled here. I will second the person above who said I've seen enough from WCS to be satisfied. Let's just get him out of this thing uninjured and pretend SL never happened this year.

P.S. who has been coaching us?

Last edited:
Well we have held them to a single point in the first six minutes of the third quarter.

They have WCS with only two blocks so far, I don't know how they are missing some of these.

We flipped the script from last game.
We held them to only 4 points while scoring 27.

WCS played the entire quarter.
Will be curious if he gets any more minutes.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well we have held them to a single point in the first six minutes of the third quarter.

They have WCS with only two blocks so far, I don't know how they are missing some of these.
They have not credited him with obvious ones all tournament long, including several of those big chasedown blocks. I mean what the hell else are you calling that scorekeeper?

Is anyone else frustrated that our two best big men don't start on our summer league team? I don't know what kind of restraint you must have as a coach to not start Moreland and Cauley-Stein next to each other.

Seriously, I wish we would have had Stockton/Liggins/Anderson/Moreland/Cauley-Stein as our starting lineup for this league. I would actually be a little more excited to watch. Then you have Wear and Bhullar as backup bigs, Dukan as the backup SF, and Stone as the backup guard.

Am I crazy? Maybe I care about winning too much in these games that are meant to see what players can do.

S

sactownfan

David stock will never make it in the NBA it's official. Lol! Good d-league guy solid over seas guy.... NBA is not for him

S

sactownfan

WCS however will be ready to contribute right away... Maybe not a starter right away he's got to work harder on rebounding. Bad positioning and doesn't put up much fight. But he does play great defense

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm going to re-ask the question I had during the first Warriors game: is there a limit to how many times you can play in Summer League, if you don't play in the NBA? Just supposing, for argument's sake, that you were good enough to make the Summer League squad, but not good enough to make the final cut in training camp, but they kept inviting you back to Summer League (just make up your own reason why they would; don't fight the hypothetical), how many years would you be allowed to go out for Summer League before they told you, "Sorry, you've had enough"?