Stupid but obligatory "Are we better without DMC?" thread

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Cousins has a long list of strengths. Besides his temper, he only has a couple of weaknesses, namely turnovers and getting his shot blocked. It would be great if did not bring the ball down the court so much. Recognizing double teams faster is helping the team and needs to continue. The mental part is the only thing that is troubling.
a good portion of basketball is played mentally, if that's his biggest issue, we are in trouble.

Load of crap.

I throw this challenge out occasionally to expose the foolishness of the anti-Cuz plank, so tell me:

Vlade Divac, DeMarcus Cousins, Peja Stojakovic, Doug Christie, Mike Bibby...whadya think? Think they might win and win quite consistently? I'll hint you up and point out the obvious: this is a trap.

Demarcus Cousins, Pau Gasol, Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green, Tony Parker...whadya think?

DeAndre Jordan, DeMarcus Cousins, Luc Mbah a Moute, JJ Reddick, Chris Paul...whadya think?

We could go on and on and on with this game, but unless you decided to make a complete fool of yourself over a bleeping plank, your answers to the above should reveal to you that's it's the roster, damnit. Not the star. Give him the teammates and he's suddenly a big time winner too, and much less whining is heard in the Kingdom.
Exactly! Other then Cousins most of our roster should be bench players

How bout we say its a team thats still figuring itself out. They can play well without cuzo (sometimes) but this team will do nothing of note without him. It should be encouraging that they arent completely helpless without him but that should not be the conclusion of these games. If they want any sustained success they all need to play well TOGETHER! Its all about instilling a culture... like they are doing now

So I have been one who has been pretty critical of DMC and I am still open to the right trade.

However, I will go on record saying that I was very impressed by something I saw from him last night. He looked like he was doing his very best to contain his emotions and also looked a bit remorseful. It looked liked he might be ready to change his ways so not to hurt his team again.

Since his arrival he has always played with a chip on his shoulder and acted as if the world was against him. He has been identified with the role of the victim and has played angry. I think this is the way he wanted to see himself and believed it would make him a better player. I don't think he wanted to change.

But now he may be realizing that while sometimes that mindset is helpful, it is often detrimental in his case. It looked like he was trying to play without emotion last night and it failed. However, once a realizes the subtle, but big difference between playing with emotion and being controlled emotion he may be able to take his game, and ability to lead a team, to championship form.

I saw hope.