Stockton 23/24 thread

Dude is playing it SO well with his opportunity this season. Dominating in the G-League and being the ultimate team vibe guy when he's up with the big squad. I feel like coaches absolutely pay attention to that stuff and want that sort of positive influence from the 15th spot on the bench.

Maybe he never makes it into an NBA rotation, but I think he's buying himself at least a year or 2 more of being in the NBA in some sort of capacity. Which, is damn impressive considering he's played 13 minutes for us this year

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

One of the interesting things about the Stockton Kings roster is the accumulation of wings with NBA experience even after Jeremy Lamb apparently left the team. Stanley Johnson, Shabazz (when the hell did he get on the roster), and Nowell have all been NBA rotation guys before. They all unfortunately came to the team a season or two after the NBA squad could have used wings (Not that they’re particularly deep there right now). The team’s obviously probably more invested in developing Colby, Slawson, and Mason for those wing/perimeter roles at this point (even though I still think Slawson is more of a Draymond style bowling ball big than a perimeter guy) but it’s not implausible to think that we could see Stanley Johnson competing for a roster spot on the main squad come training camp next season.

One of the interesting things about the Stockton Kings roster is the accumulation of wings with NBA experience even after Jeremy Lamb apparently left the team. Stanley Johnson, Shabazz (when the hell did he get on the roster), and Nowell have all been NBA rotation guys before. They all unfortunately came to the team a season or two after the NBA squad could have used wings (Not that they’re particularly deep there right now). The team’s obviously probably more invested in developing Colby, Slawson, and Mason for those wing/perimeter roles at this point (even though I still think Slawson is more of a Draymond style bowling ball big than a perimeter guy) but it’s not implausible to think that we could see Stanley Johnson competing for a roster spot on the main squad come training camp next season.
Re: The bold text

Here's your answer (link):

Stockton Kings Acquire Shabazz Muhammad

Watching the match live on Tubi (with VPN), is it just one match again? Losing by the Warriors 91-95 with refs reviewing a potential flagrant foul on Slawson that almost caused a group fight between the two teams.

Yeap loser is eliminated, Deuce just told so.

Last edited:
Lindsey did what Bobby Jackson could not (Win a playoff game as the head coach of the Stockton Kings).
Without Colby Jones that was at MSG, Nowell that got a 10 day contract and I don't know why Skal played for a limited time (the boxscore is not so accurate, but everybody was wondering where he was in social media, he did play though), Jordan Ford also didn't play as much as usual again I don't know why. There was a big turnout for G League standards and everyone was hyped starting with Deuce and Morgan that were announcing the game.

I wonder if Stanley Johnson would be a good addition to the Sacramento Kings? He will be 28 next season, in the prime of his life. At 6' 6" and 242 lbs. he is heftier than some of the other power forwards, though shorter than Trey Lyles. If there were an open roster spot, teams can sign anyone right up until the end of the regular season; Johnson is an unrestricted free agent.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I wonder if Stanley Johnson would be a good addition to the Sacramento Kings? He will be 28 next season, in the prime of his life. At 6' 6" and 242 lbs. he is heftier than some of the other power forwards, though shorter than Trey Lyles. If there were an open roster spot, teams can sign anyone right up until the end of the regular season; Johnson is an unrestricted free agent.
I've been waiting for this all year but with so few games left, it's probably not going to happen in the '23-'24 season. Maybe when roster spots open up again in Free Agency or if a multi-player trade depletes some of the Kings forward depth in the Summer he'll be someone Monte considers keeping within the organization. He fits the template of the type of player we're looking for though his resume to-date is thin on NBA level production.