Starting PF Kenny Thomas or Shareef Abdur Rahim?

When Shareef is all and well again, who do you think should be our starting PF? We have two different types of players. Kenny is an athletic hard charger who goes after rebounds, takes the ball to the rim and can also make the elbow jumper on a regular basis. SAR is more methodical, has quick feet and is able to sneak around most guys to get that jump hook close to the rim. SAR is also a better offensive player. But I think Kenny is the better overall player for our PF spot at the moment. Hes been grabbing double digit rebounds on a regular basis and his offense is not much worse than Shareef's. Shareef only grabs about 5 or 6 rebounds a game. I think if the Kings want to have a shot at making the playoffs this year, we need Shareef as our 6th man. Kenny has shown that his offensive production struggles when coming off the bench(i know whos doesnt? but his is pretty ineffective). SAR showed us last night (i know it was only one game) that he can come off the bench and give us the scoring we desperately need from our bench players. While Kenny could start for us, give us the offensive we need and also clean up on the boards throughout most of the game. What do you guys think?

I would say kenny, I am not really a big kenny fan, but you just have to look at the numbers he is having and just give him the thumbs up.

start kenny. i really didn't like him in the starting lineup the end of last season and the playoffs, but he has had some great stretches this season. shorter than rahim and still pulling down more rebounds in that starting slot. he looks more aggressive right now. i say start him a few more games to see how it turns out.

Kenny has shown more tenacity on the boards and maybe it's a temporary thing but he seems to be developing a nice passing touch to go with his ability to put the ball on the floor and make a quick move. I think he should start, but we don't have the type of coach that makes in-season lineup changes or gives away starting positions when a guy is injured.

Start Kenny for the following reasons:

1. We desperately need rebounding in the starting lineup.

2. Shareef will give us a true 6th man to shore up bench scoring.

3. There aren't enough basketballs to justify Bibby, Peja, Miller, and Shareef being on the court at the same time... and is there a worse defensive/rebounding foursome in the League?

4. Kenny performs much better as a starter, while it seems Shareef can come in anytime and be effective.

So let it be written, so let it be done!

Of course if it were up to me Skinner would play 15+ minutes every night, but it's not up to me... just yet.
~~

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Start Kenny. He's a better rebounder and more willing passer than Shareef. It's no mystery Sac always plays better when the ball is moving, and KT is doing just that.

W

West_Gunslinger16

Kenny! Kenny! Kenny!.........

Start Kenny with SAR injured or not. Kenny is a mismatch to slow PFs.
I remember how K9 schooled Marion (although he's not slow) and Walton.

P.S. Marion why you ask? Kenny made so many dunks that I started thinking could he be like Stoudemire or what? Emphatic and solid just how we like 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:
KT should start. It's not because KT is any better than SAR, but I believe SAR will do a better job off the bench than KT will. I am not sure why KT isn't very good off the bench and I wonder if it has to do with him sulking and not trying, but I don't believe SAR is that type of guy and probally would get better production from him off the bench.

KT starting is 14.5ppg 9.1rpg 2.8apg 1.2spg

SAR starting is 16ppg 6.3rpg 3.3apg .8spg

I think the differnce in bench play from SAR will make up for the 2ppg lost from starting KT over SAR. I think SAR will be a 12ppg guy off the bench where as KT was a 7ppg guy.