Starters and rotation for Thursday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take that over what we have now. Salmons, for as much flak as he gets, really wasn't that bad of a player (better than Afflalo is now for sure). Kenny Thomas wasn't that bad either, it's just we traded Webber for him and that's what he will be known for around here for all of eternity.

Mikki Moore first big off the bench!
Do you work in politics? You can turn any poopoo platter into a decadent hors d'oeuvre.

I'd rather see how we do 5 games in before we really mail it in and play the young guys. Who knows we might play well and make the playoffs
Talk about a worst case scenario...

Not only do we lose our franchise player for peanuts, but we also convey our lottery pick in a very strong draft?

I'd rather see how we do 5 games in before we really mail it in and play the young guys. Who knows we might play well and make the playoffs
There is absolutely no possible reason to try and make the playoffs. We need to keep our pick by any means possible. Any other course of action and this season goes down as the worst in Kings history.

There is absolutely no possible reason to try and make the playoffs. We need to keep our pick by any means possible. Any other course of action and this season goes down as the worst in Kings history.
I disagree. The morale and culture lift involved with making the playoffs after making a trade like we did would be great. It would also likely mean that Buddy played well to get us there (perhaps winning ROY). It may land us a decent FA or two.

Not it isn't. The responsibility of the coaching staff is to reach the goal of the season, which is set by ownership and FO. You don't have to move the vets. You can simply bench them.
Now if of course the FO and ownership trade the best player of the team and a valueable reserve and still set the same goal for the season, it's just proof for how dumb and delusional these guys are.
If this is the case the coaching staff should do it's best to find another job, because than obviously this franchise is a hopeless case.
I think that is your opinion as what I said is mine. So lets agree to disagree. I'm pretty bummed too but I'm not going to wallow in it.

I disagree. The morale and culture lift involved with making the playoffs after making a trade like we did would be great. It would also likely mean that Buddy played well to get us there (perhaps winning ROY). It may land us a decent FA or two.
Really?! So to many this was a flawed strategy when Cousins was a King but now this is a good strategy now that Cousins is gone and the franchise should really be going into full tanking mode to rebuild as quickly as they possibly can?

This to me defies logic! After what has happened over the All-Star weekend, no self respecting FA will want to have anything to do with Sacramento in the off-season. Hell, don't be surprised if the FA on the roster ask to get traded because they will get fed up with the franchise bullcrap.

The Kings have not be in this big a mess since the Maloof days when they started sabotaging EVERYTHING, including the draft.

Talk about a worst case scenario...

Not only do we lose our franchise player for peanuts, but we also convey our lottery pick in a very strong draft?
So even if we had a chance to make the playoffs, raise morale, attract some free agents, help the suck factor, you'd rather can it and tank the rest of the season away?

So even if we had a chance to make the playoffs, raise morale, attract some free agents, help the suck factor, you'd rather can it and tank the rest of the season away?
Yes!!! Are you serious? We are already the laughing stock of the sports world. The overwhelming majority of the Kings fanbase is in depression over the botched Cousins trade, which was handled so terribly that we are without a doubt the last team any NBA free agent is looking to go to this year. You really think that getting wrecked by the Warriors in the first round, trotting out a line up that features Darren Collison as it's best player will help any of this? Our only course of action now has to be to tank. Anything but that sets our, already 10 years deep, rebuild back even further. F Morale, F free agents, F playoffs.

Yes we are forced to develop the youth now. There is no other way forward. You want to protect Skal or Papa by not playing them, because that could destroy their confidence?
I view that from a different angle - if playing minutes against bigger, stronger and more experienced guys destroys their confidence, there is a very good chance they don't have the mind to develop into impact players at the NBA level.
Look I'm not a hardass, actually far from it, but pro sports are one heck of an unforgiving environment. The great players use mistakes and defeats as opportunities to grow. And the next big thing is always only one draft away, as forgotten guys like Goodwin show us.
Just because the younglings play lots of minutes it doesn't mean they should be left alone with their fears and struggles. That's what vets are for in a rebuild. They can teach those guys how to handle the pressure of NBA life. But they don't need to be on the court to do that. Playing more vets possibly only leads to more wins and there is no point in winning games right now.
Joerger brought WCS and Ben along slowly... and it seems to be paying dividends now. Why not do the same with the even more raw Skal and Papa?

Status
Not open for further replies.