So... who gets in? (UPDATED)

Who will be inducted in 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

When I went to Kings.com to check out the recap for last night's name, I saw that Chris Webber and Vlade Divac were among the candidates for the Naismith Hall of Fame, class of 2017. This is Webber's fourth year of eligibility, but the first time that he's made it past the first "cut." Divac will be evaluated by the International committee.

Finalists will be announced during All-Star weekend, and the inductees will be revealed during the 2017 NCAA National Championship.

I have a couple of questions regarding this: do Kings Fans think that either of them will get in, in 2017? Both? Neither? And, specifically as it pertains to Webber, if he doesn't get in this year, can he get in without making good with his Fab Five brothers, and Michigan? I feel like Michigan being able to publicly recognize a united Fab Five would go a long way towards Webber's chances.

EDIT - The full list of candidates can be found
here.

Last edited:
I voted for just Webber but forgot that it isn't just the NBA Hall of Fame. Therefore, I believe both make it. This is a VERY weak class.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, Webber made the official list of North American Committee finalists for the Hall of Fame class of 2017. Finalists for the International Committee are not released, so Divac's status is unknown. The actual inductees will be announced during the men's Final Four.

Z

Zublocka

Webber will get in for sure. The fab 5 helps him a ton I believe plus he put up really solid numbers for you guys.

Vlade will get in for international reasons. That silver in 88 will due wonders for him. Plus he played for the Lakers, got to a finals with us. Averaged his best numbers in purple and gold as well .

in time...I think they'll both get in..as mentioned above Vlade for his part in pioneering the euro boom(if Drazen is in for that reason then it's criminal if Vlade isn't) and Webber for his pro and collegiate exploits.