So is Monk….

Before these last few games I would had said Monk is our most clutch player, especially at the FT line.

I'm hoping he snaps out of it soon, we need his swag back.....

I remember last year when we were playing the Clippers perhaps in that epic matchup, Monk missed one of the 2 free throws in the end of regulation or overtime but hit the second one. After in the press conference that they asked him if he was afraid missing the 2nd one he replied that this never happens. So I guess it's a mental thing, perhaps it's his last year of the contract that affects him, perhaps the fact that this season the team has to carry the burden of becoming better than the previous season. He took the last shot and was later angry with the refs in Phoenix as well (though he is the one "protecting" Brown when he strongly protests as Brown often said), something seems to be bothering him lately. This is not a rant against him, we have all seen what he brings to the court most of the times, he is again one of league's best 6th men (I doubt he will win it though, not because of the recent decline) and I hope he comes out of it and somehow we find a way to extend him by the end of the season!

Monk has made PLENTY of free throws at crucial moments. Misses happen. And sometimes they get strung together.
While the missed free throws by a career 85%+ shooter is certainly maddening, anybody that has followed MM’s career knows it has nothing to do with lack of confidence, choking or being scared.

The OP is displaying a lot of naivety and lack of knowledge with such an assertion. MM has been a big game, clutch player his entire career. And even during his short stint with the KINGS has many times shown to have ice water in his veins taking and making a ton of clutch shots. The shot he made in the waning moments against the Clippers last season during the KINGS historic 176-175 victory immediately comes to mind.