This is what I had:

2 1/2 cuts of white turkey
mashed potatoes - easy on gravy
stuffing
peas
dinner roll
2 slices cranberry sauce
small bowl of ambrosia later on

Didn't finish all the stuffing, peas, and turk on my plate, but I feel bloated and I can't bear the thought of eating the same dinner a month from today.

How much did you manage to stuff down?

Gargamel said:
This is what I had:

stuffing
peas
dinner roll
2 slices cranberry sauce

Didn't finish all the stuffing, peas, and turk on my plate, but I feel bloated and I can't bear the thought of eating the same dinner a month from today. How much did you manage to stuff down?
Wimp!

mixed nuts
french bread with spinach/cheese dip
one big cut of white turkey
mashed potatoes and brown gravy
stuffing with sausage
candied yams with pecans, raisins, and maple syrup
small dinner roll
homemade cranberry sauce with orange
a piece of Sacher Tort with whipped cream
a piece of pumpkin pie
small glasses of Bordeaux, Merlot, and Cabernet Franc
two glasses of water
three Tums

I don't plan to eat anything for three days. My weight has just surpassed my LDL cholesterol level. I am ashamed again.

Dayum! I must be a whimp. I am proud to admit that I just had another of those dinner rolls dipped in gravy. Momz bakes up some mean *** dinner rolls... ;)

I laughed when I read "stuffing with sausage". As if it's not heavy enough on its own. You da man. I may have eaten more, but thankfully I don't like yams and I'm not big on desserts.

I ate:

Appetizer:

Ciabatta Bread w/ Artichoke Crab dip
Had about 4 slices ;)
8 slices of Cucumbers

The Real Deal:

3 medium slices of turkey.
3 1/2 slices of Cranbery sauce
1/2 pint of my Dad's really good Turkey stuffing
5-6 Dinner Rolls
14 strands of Green Beans
1 pint of smashed potatoes
3 glasses of CranRaspberry Juice
1 glass of water

Dessert:

1 slice of pumpkin pie
4 Pumpkin Tartlets
1 glassful of my dad's Waldorf Salad

I didn't eat breakfast or lunch, but I sure did eat DINNER!

Gargamel said:
Dayum! I must be a whimp. I am proud to admit that I just had another of those dinner rolls dipped in gravy. Momz bakes up some mean *** dinner rolls... ;)

I laughed when I read "stuffing with sausage". As if it's not heavy enough on its own. You da man. I may have eaten more, but thankfully I don't like yams and I'm not big on desserts.
You obviously have not had these yams. Mashed and steamed, raisins, pecans, maple syrup, sometimes dried cranberries. Hmmm. This stuff is a fancy orange dessert. Raley's Sacher Torts are just like the real thing from Vienna.

I plan to get up tomorrow and hike for two hours before starting my day. Then I plan to cut firewood in the rain. I am, at this moment, overwhelmed with culinary guilt. I hope that I have enough Tums to get me through the night. What a worthless, undisciplined, piggy hog!

Freak. You did well. Pint servings no less!

Last edited:
The Freak said:
I ate:

Appetizer:

Ciabatta Bread w/ Artichoke Crab dip
Had about 4 slices ;)
Nice.

8 slices of Cucumbers
That doesn't count. ;)

The Real Deal:

3 medium slices of turkey.
3 1/2 slices of Cranbery sauce
1/2 pint of my Dad's really good Turkey stuffing
5-6 Dinner Rolls
14 strands of Green Beans
1 pint of smashed potatoes
3 glasses of CranRaspberry Juice
1 glass of water

Dessert:

1 slice of pumpkin pie
4 Pumpkin Tartlets
1 glassful of my dad's Waldorf Salad

I didn't eat breakfast or lunch, but I sure did eat DINNER!
OK, I think you've got Quick Dog trumped. I've never had Waldorf salad. The thought of mayo, celery, walnuts, and fruit sounds like wouldn't taste good. Is it an acquired taste?

Gargamel said:
Nice.

That doesn't count. ;)

OK, I think you've got Quick Dog trumped. I've never had Waldorf salad. The thought of mayo, celery, walnuts, and fruit sounds like wouldn't taste good. Is it an acquired taste?
Don't make a standard Waldorf Salad. Use low-fat lemon or berry yogurt instead of that dreadful mayonaise. Then it's a really tasty fruit/nut dessert.

Mayonaise. Yuck!

I usually don't like turkey, its sort of mandatory but I must admit whatever I did this year turned up a moist bird. So about 1 cup of that, yam concoction, mashed potatoes and gravy, dinner roll, bone dry stuffing...and guacamole and chips for an appetizer. No dessert but 3 cups of coffee.

I'm not really a big fan of turkey, dont like the taste of it, but I still had one slice of that. I had some stuffing, Ham, Salad, Pumpkin Pie, mashed potatoes :)

turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, fruit salad w/whiped cream, peas and carrots,dinner roll and sweet pickles. and for dessert--FUDGE! yum, yum....and all those wonderful leftovers for breakfast today! :)

I went to Black Angus and had turkey, dressing, two piles of mashed potatoes (cause I can't stand sweet potatoes, so I got more of the mashed), green beans, salad, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Pretty standard, and not too much food. Not as much Thanksgiving dinner as I usually eat.

You guys have got to make cranberry sauce from scrath some day. It is twice as tasty as the canned stuff, which is also good. Fresh cranberries, boiled with sugar, and grated orange rind. Incredible.

Well I hiked six miles this morning, then climbed the hill behind the house to collect pine cones for a guest. Oh yes, I lied about eating. Gobbled leftovers for lunch.

Appetizer: Veggies and dip, and some chips and wine LoL.
Dinner: Turkey, ham, maccaroni and cheese, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, greens, creamed mushrooms, beans and rice, stuffing, coleslaw, dinner rolls, and cranberry sauce. Dessert: Some kinda cream cheese pumpkin pie, blueberry cheese cake, and this apple cinnamon strudel cake. Ah everything was so good and I was stuffed!

Gargamel said:
This is what I had:

stuffing
peas
dinner roll
2 slices cranberry sauce

Didn't finish all the stuffing, peas, and turk on my plate, but I feel bloated and I can't bear the thought of eating the same dinner a month from today.

How much did you manage to stuff down?
3 cuts of turkey(heavy on the gravy)
3 cuts of ham
2 servings of potato salad
3 servings of macaroni and cheese
2 servings of greens
2 servings of yams
2 servings of bread rolls
2 servings of sweet potato pie
1 serving of red velvet cake
and alot of pear cider

i gained 5 pounds!!!:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The traditional Thanksgiving feast is one thing. My personal favorite is the even more traditional TURKEY SANDWICH.

Here's what mine looked like this afternoon, in order of assembly:

One piece of whole grain bread
Mayonnaise
Dressing
Cranberry sauce
Turkey slices of white meat
Mayonnaise
One piece of whole grain bread

Ah, the joys of leftovers. ;)

For breakfast, my mom fixed eggs,hashbrowns, and bacon

For thanksgiving dinner i had
4 slices of turkey
mac and cheese
collard greens
stuffing and gravy
3 rolls
sweet potatoe pie
chocolate cake
then i went back for seconds!

I never eat much on thanksgiving. I eat the same thing every year. Turkey (dark meat only) or ham depending on which grandma's house I'm at. My mom's side doesn't eat pork but my dad's side does. Macaroni & cheese, collard greens and a dinner roll. Not big on desserts cuz I don't really like pie but for some reason I ate a lot of dessert. I had one piece of pound cake with whipped creme and strawberries, a piece of sweet potato pie, and a piece of marble pound cake.

2 days later and i'm sick of leftovers

for the main meal i had

2 slices of turkey with gravy
scalloped potatoes
homemade stuffing
yorkshire pudding
peas with pearl onions
salad
smashed potatoes with butter and sour cream

and for desert apple and pecan pie.

and i made most of that dinner, all at 19 years old. heck my aunt who hosted it is over 50 and said she couldn't have made any of that stuff. oh it was wonderful. the turkey was just *perfect*

i'm sick to death of that stuff after 3 days of it, so we jazzed up turkey tonight my making turkey tacos. turkey with some of my yummy super spicy salsa, cook up one of those half cooked tortilla's from costco, add some more heat with some picante sauce and YUM YUM YUM!!!!! i'm gonna jazz up the stuffing by putting it in a bowl and pour some soup on it. that will be just YUMS!!!!!!! i'm trying to think of a way to jazz up the potatoes...

Evenstar, yorkshire pudding? YUM! My grandmother used to make that.

Pickle tray with chips and "Papa Salsa" salsa
Very moist and delicious turkey
very moist and delicious stuffing (made from the crust of french bread)
Whipped potatoes (again, very moist and delicious!)
Fresh green beans with butter and almonds
Escalloped corn
Brown gravy (I made some from scratch, but ALWAYS have a backup)
Potato rolls (no scratch here, uh uh)
(you'll LOVE this Quick Dog) - Miracle Whip cake
Bread pudding (made from the hulls of french bread loaves)

My hubby requested sausage in the stuffing, and I put it in the stuffing not cooked in the bird. It was great (very moist and delicious... :p )

Here's something new I tried this year with leftovers: I made potato pancakes with sausage stuffing mixed into them. Try this: Leftover, leftover potato pancakes nuked with a sprinkle of grated cheddar cheese. BON APPETIT!