Seth Curry

Oh god Seth is another sore spot, especially since our self anointed kings expert GRANT NAPIER would demean anyone who would call him and ask about him. "Stop treating this guy like he's steph. HES NOT!"

It really bothered me how grant would almost get disgusted when people called about Seth. I swear grant thinks kings fans are just basketball dunderheads.

Last edited:
Seth wanted to play and he didn't get a commitment from the team. He wanted to play so he wanted to leave. This is just another instance of the Kings inability to see potential talent. Hell, most of the people at this site saw the talent and wanted to see him play.

I'm just a normal working stiff but I could see something just bubbling under the surface. I don't see that with benny mac yet he's still part of this team. Curry couldn't buy any more minutes here.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Grant strikes me as one who looks down on most people.

As for Seth, yes I wanted him to stay. For whatever reason though he did not. No need to lament all the things that are done and in the rear view.
Yes, let us cheer for the future. In all seriousness I could see the logic in letting IT go and Reke 1.0 go. I did not get letting Seth go at all especially when we needed three pt shooters and/or pgs. Both!!
Don't look back. It's bad for your health.
No, no. Don't look back. Someone may be gaining on you.

Not that I would have kept Steph, but it's crazy how many guys leave here and thrive. You can't go one day without some former kings player remorse, especially with IT looking like an all star.

After DeMarcus, Seth was my favorite player last year. Its so depressing how this franchise just lets all the fan favorites go and not replace them with players of at least the same talent(i'm not talking all stars here, just average or above average players that the fans connect with and want to see do well). DMC was the last guy left that I wanted to go out and see play. I can't pick a favorite player on this current team, and to me that is truly depressing.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
You want to see what a real NBA franchise looks like? See Dallas. They're being led by free agent signings Harrison Barnes and Seth Curry and trade deadline pickup Nerlens Noel right now and they're already bouncing back from a dismal start and might yet make the playoffs. We could have easily had that supporting cast plus DeMarcus Cousins right now. I'd take any one of them straight up for Buddy Hield. Freakin Marc Cuban is running circles around us even after distastrous moves like the Rondo trade and Wes Matthews signing. Seth Curry would be the best player on this team right now if we'd just kept our restricted free agency rights and matched his contract. Not even the Oakland A's are as cheap as this front office has proven to be.

It's absolutely ridiculous. He should have been resigned. He wanted to be here and he was going to be a cheap contact. At the time, we had Benny Mac as our #1 SG. It was a no brainer. It kills me to see him shooting 48%/43%/84% and 1.2 steals a game. Just sickening.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It's absolutely ridiculous. He should have been resigned. He wanted to be here and he was going to be a cheap contact. At the time, we had Benny Mac as our #1 SG. It was a no brainer. It kills me to see him shooting 48%/43%/84% and 1.2 steals a game. Just sickening.
There's a conspicuous lack of "He's gone. Why are you still rooting for him?" in this post.

There have been some rumblings that Curry didn't want to play with Cousins. Still though, Vlade shouldn't have let him walk for nothing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There have been some rumblings that Curry didn't want to play with Cousins. Still though, Vlade shouldn't have let him walk for nothing.
You keep referring to those "rumblings." Do you have any sources not named Grant Napear?

Seth wanted to play and he didn't get a commitment from the team. He wanted to play so he wanted to leave. This is just another instance of the Kings inability to see potential talent. Hell, most of the people at this site saw the talent and wanted to see him play.

I'm just a normal working stiff but I could see something just bubbling under the surface. I don't see that with benny mac yet he's still part of this team. Curry couldn't buy any more minutes here.
Even George Karl saw the talent. Didn't he call Seth the best defender on the team?