Seth Curry

I've watched a bit of the DL, and I think there's so much underrated talent there. NBA stars? no...but guys who can contribute.

Curry has proved me wrong. His ball handling skills are a lot further than they were in the beginning of the season. He's done a great job. At this point, I think I'd rather him opt out and sign to a longer deal. You don't just accidentally drop 20pts on Westbrook.

I think if he improves even more, he can be a potential starting PG in the NBA, but that's still ways to go. Best case scenario for right now, is that we move Collison to starting PG, and let Curry come off the bench as the 6th man.

According to ESPN, Seth Curry is a Restricted Free Agent, so even if he opts out, we have the right to match any offer. :cool:
Where do you see this at? It would be interesting if that's the case

Collision/Curry at pg next year
Forget Rondo
Yep, then sign a veteran type 3rd PG or maybe take a chance on a younger guy like Tim Frazier who has been playing solid ball in New Orleans. Or draft a guy like Kris Dunn. The big question is SG. What the hell do you do there? Do you move Bellinelli or hope this season was an outlier?

This is how I see our roster

Will be back/Should be back

Willie Cauley Stein
Seth Curry
Darren Collison
Omri Casspi
Kosta Koufos
Quincy Acy

Trades will at least be explored

Demarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Ben Mclemore
Marco Bellinelli

Likely Gone

Rajon Rondo

Gone

James Anderson
Eric Moreland
Caron Butler

Who Cares
Duje Dukan

I expect at least 2 of the guys in trades will be explored to be gone. I could see New York or the Lakers going after Rondo.

Last edited:
Yeah - why don't Kings fans remember that the end of the season is FILLED with performances that are fools gold, because of the level of competition.

That said, I'm NOT saying Curry is not OK, or that he may not be worth spending some money on next year (now that he's increased his profile enough that he is guaranteed to opt out and get paid next year), but I AM saying that this Suns performance meant almost nothing - just like the endless examples the past 10 years by backup players like Ray McCallum, etc

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Everywhere I look says next year is a player option
Next year *is* a player option, but since it is a league-minimum contract and Curry has been playing very well, it appears he will opt out.

If he does opt out, he will indeed be a restricted free agent (dependent on our tender of a qualifying offer - but that would appear obvious) based on his being a three-year veteran (http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q44). This means that if we give him a QO, we have the right of first refusal to match any offer sheet he gets - but since we do not have Bird or Early Bird rights on him, we will have to have cap space in order to do so. As of now, best guess says that we will start with on the order of $20M in cap space, but we should keep in mind that we can't go over the cap to match an offer sheet.

While I realize it is the end of the year and meaningless games on the whole, but, for those of us that have been complaining about WCS and Curry's PT all season, it's really nice to see them play so well. Curry was extremely fun to watch tonight.

im confident we will resign him. Great game but one 15 assist outing against phx doesnt make him a PG candidate for me. Certainly he is making Ben and Marco expendable

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Next year *is* a player option, but since it is a league-minimum contract and Curry has been playing very well, it appears he will opt out.

If he does opt out, he will indeed be a restricted free agent (dependent on our tender of a qualifying offer - but that would appear obvious) based on his being a three-year veteran (http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q44). This means that if we give him a QO, we have the right of first refusal to match any offer sheet he gets - but since we do not have Bird or Early Bird rights on him, we will have to have cap space in order to do so. As of now, best guess says that we will start with on the order of $20M in cap space, but we should keep in mind that we can't go over the cap to match an offer sheet.
I believe the Kings will actually start with around $9 or $10 million considering the cap holds for Rondo and the first round draft pick and assuming Curry opts out.

It could be more if Anderson & Butler opt out and the Kings waive Dukan. They could waive Acy too but that makes no sense.

Yeah - why don't Kings fans remember that the end of the season is FILLED with performances that are fools gold, because of the level of competition.

That said, I'm NOT saying Curry is not OK, or that he may not be worth spending some money on next year (now that he's increased his profile enough that he is guaranteed to opt out and get paid next year), but I AM saying that this Suns performance meant almost nothing - just like the endless examples the past 10 years by backup players like Ray McCallum, etc
You realize last night's game wasn't the only game he's played well in, right? Do you remember the OKC game a few days ago? Are they bad competition? He's also shown promise all season long when he has gotten into the game, hence the reason everybody is so perplexed that Georgie never gave him any minutes.

Curry has been playing great along with WCS. Too bad they did not get to play more especially early in the season. The next question is can Duje Dukan play? We don't even know:mad:

He has nice mechanics in his 3 point shot. Who needs three point shooting thougho_O:

How can you not resign this guy? The worst he's shot from 3 in the last 10 games is 40%. That's incredible. The Suns defense was swiss cheese last night and he lit them up exactly the way you'd want your starting PG to light them up. If anything he's exactly what we were hoping Belinelli would end up being. Plays better defense than Marco, regardless of his size.

I just like what I'm seeing out of him, playmaking wise. He has a high IQ and rarely forces anything that the situation doesn't call for. He's slowly transitioning from a SG in Mike Bibby's body to a combo guard. Lets see if he can make it all the way to PG. As a SG he won't be effective other than spot minutes off the bench. As a combo guard he can be a good 6th man. As a PG, the sky is the limit. I just hope he can develop the necessary skills to make it to a true PG.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Curry has been playing great along with WCS. Too bad they did not get to play more especially early in the season. The next question is can Duje Dukan play? We don't even know:mad:

He has nice mechanics in his 3 point shot. Who needs three point shooting thougho_O:

Agreed....why not play Dukan and Moreland more in the last game? Find out what you got. And Curry is just a better basketball player than Ben.

Seth Curry is a baller, plain and simple. You can see that he has a great court vision and he knows how to use it. I would not overpay him, but if he's available, I would absolutely keep him.

Seth Curry is a baller, plain and simple. You can see that he has a great court vision and he knows how to use it. I would not overpay him, but if he's available, I would absolutely keep him.
He is pretty much playing like a poor mans version of his brother, which is still pretty damn good. Out of college he was known simply as a spot shooter but you can tell he has put in a lot of work. Actually his career is playing out just how a poor mans Steph would. Steph had the same concerns coming out of college.

Agreed....why not play Dukan and Moreland more in the last game? Find out what you got. And Curry is just a better basketball player than Ben.

Yep, Dukan and Moreland should have been featured these last 10 or so games. Coming off the bench to see what they could do. Right now Karl is padding his stats showing the improvement in the win column.