Scenario: Webber to New York

JB_kings said:
]

Really, how did you come to that conclusion? How many practices have you attended this week?
Chris been great player. But his time is over. He destroy teamwork and chemistry this year. And fight betwen his and Peja....This is very bad for all team. No insult,I am NOT Webber heater or something, i love KINGS and I want NBA title for they. Probably everyone want this, no meter who plays.

Jasna88 said:
Chris been great player. But his time is over. He destroy teamwork and chemistry this year. And fight betwen his and Peja....This is very bad for all team. No insult,I am NOT Webber heater or something, i love KINGS and I want NBA title for they. Probably everyone want this, no meter who plays.
For arguements sake, lets say they did fight: It takes two to tango.

Sacramento trades: PF Chris Webber(18.7 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 4.6 apg in 36.1 minutes)
Sacramento receives: C Zydrunas Illgauskas(15.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.3 minutes) C DeSagana Diop(2.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 13.0 minutes) Change in team outlook: -1.1 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and -2.6 apg.
Cleveland trades: C Zydrunas Illgauskas(15.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.3 minutes) C DeSagana Diop(2.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 13.0 minutes)

Cleveland receives: PF Chris Webber(18.7 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 4.6 apg in 23 games) Change in team outlook: +1.1 ppg, -2.9 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

would you guys think this would be a good trade? That is I mean a big if we hard to trade him?

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
AleksandarN, go get a bowl of Menudo, you obviously have a giant hangover, your head is spinning and your ready to throw up. I know I am with this trade idea. Until CWebb can jump, spin to the basket and move lateral, he isn't going anywhere.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
AleksandarN said:
Sacramento trades: PF Chris Webber(18.7 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 4.6 apg in 36.1 minutes)
Sacramento receives: C Zydrunas Illgauskas(15.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.3 minutes) C DeSagana Diop(2.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 13.0 minutes) Change in team outlook: -1.1 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and -2.6 apg.
Cleveland trades: C Zydrunas Illgauskas(15.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.3 minutes) C DeSagana Diop(2.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 13.0 minutes)

Cleveland receives: PF Chris Webber(18.7 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 4.6 apg in 23 games) Change in team outlook: +1.1 ppg, -2.9 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

would you guys think this would be a good trade? That is I mean a big if we hard to trade him?
:eek:

yes, because everyone knows that when you're concerned about injury the guy you go trade for is Big Z...

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:

yes, because everyone knows that when you're concerned about injury the guy you go trade for is Big Z...
Yes, but isn't he in the last year of his contract? One year of pain, suffering, and the Maloofs bleeding money vs. four years of uncertainty and the Maloofs bleeding money and the possible/probable loss of BJax and Peja. :D

I know, I know...I'm only teasing you! Your basketball knowledge exceeds mine by about 4 million light years.

KK!

kingskings! said:
Yes, but isn't he in the last year of his contract? One year of pain, suffering, and the Maloofs bleeding money vs. four years of uncertainty and the Maloofs bleeding money and the possible/probable loss of BJax and Peja. :D

KK!
Did you know that even if the Kings managed to move Webber for contracts that ALL expired at the end of this season, thus getting rid of Chris' contract, that the Kings would then be a whopping 2 million below the current salary cap? Well, until you added in whatever contracts Minard, Alexander and Bluth end up with. Of course, you are then looking at Darius as your starting PF.

Kingsgurl said:
Did you know that even if the Kings managed to move Webber for contracts that ALL expired at the end of this season, thus getting rid of Chris' contract, that the Kings would then be a whopping 2 million below the current salary cap? Well, until you added in whatever contracts Minard, Alexander and Bluth end up with. Of course, you are then looking at Darius as your starting PF.
So, you're saying that in 4 years we're going to have Bibby, Miller and all scrubs because there's no money under the cap? I don't think I have time to root for all the teams former Kings players are going to be playing for!
;)

2nd thoughts...aren't the Kings allowed to go above the cap to re-sign their own players???

Kingsgurl said:
Yup - I think I tried to hammer this point home earlier. Even if the Kings dump Webber's contract for nothing, they get no functional cap relief for the next two seasons (they will be between 1-3 million under, which is less than the MLE). For the final 2 years of his contract, the Kings could feasibly get a little cap relief IF they also let Peja walk (resigning him to a big contract would put them back with zero functional cap).

If Webber has a good year personally, but the team disappoints, I would not be surprised to see the team try to aggressively move him (his contract will have 1 less year at that point, and a good season would give him more value - the Kings could at least get some talent back). However, there's no way they trade him at the low point of his value for NOTHING but theoretical cap relief 3 seasons from now (especially since he can be moved at that point if the team wants relief); they'll see what this season brings for Webber and the Kings before making any moves.

On a side note, I discounted that entire article when the author called Stephon Marbury a better fit than Webber as a franchise player. Marbury makes a guy like Webber (who undoubtedly has winning issues) look like Bill Russell when it comes to leading a franchise...

Bricklayer said:

I said if we had to trade Webber this woukld be the probably the best deal we can up with. Think about if the doctor said Webber would never be the same old self liked he was last post season and maybe adding bigZ we could use Brad at PF and Big Z at center. I think that is still title contender for this at least.

Last edited: