SACBEE: If you can't beat L.A., jump on bandwagon

The goal of the Bee’s Leading Off is to: (1) put no thought into it; (2) throw out a completely half baked idea; (3) that doesn’t contain any logic; (4) can be shot down 57 ways; (5) makes people upset; (6) generates feedback. That is really what they are going for. And you folks let them do it.
It’s the equivalent of going up to a little kid and saying, “I bet you think spinach tastes better than ice cream!” The proper response to somebody so obviously trying start a dumb debate is to leave it alone.
As much as Bill Bradley does a poor job with this, his substitute teachers make him look like Frank Deford

I wrote this rough-draft letter that I will consider sending to the Bee. Anyone got any suggestions? If anyone wants to use the text for their own letter, feel free.

Sacramento Bee,

I am a Sacramento Kings fan. I love to watch the Kings play basketball, and I also enjoy reading about them in the news. Although I have have enjoyed your sports section in the past, I will no longer be reading your newspaper because of the insulting favoritism that your sports staff has repeatedly displayed for the Los Angeles Lakers organization.

The most recent instance involved an article written by Victor Contreras which urged Sacramentans to cheer for the Lakers. This article presented a ludicrous proposition - As a long-time Kings fans, there are only two professional basketball teams that I cheer for: (1) The Sacramento Kings, and (2) ANY team that is playing against the Lakers. There is no way that I can continue to support the Sacramento Bee when I am confronted with articles such as these.

I am disappointed to leave your readership. I would like to inform you that I will no longer read your print or on-line versions. Additionally, I will encourage all of my friends and family to stop reading your newspaper, and I will suggest alternative sources of news to them.

I may consider returning to your readership if your sports staff makes some serious changes to the way it covers its local teams and its rivals.
Good job... send it them!

This thread should be moved to the main section so nobody here misses it. This is absolute blasphemy, and the Bee should not get a pass on this any more.... we need as many people as possible to spread the word. NO MORE BEE, WE ARE SICK OF YOU AND YOUR CLUELESS, BORING, MISGUIDED REPORTERS! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yeah this article is just garbage, I actually signed up and replied to it just to tell them how much garbage it was. This Contereas guy needs to be fired ASAP.
The real problem with the Bee is the Sports Editor Bradley. Since he came on board, the Bee had gotten rid of every good sports writer they had. If I remember correctly, one of the first things to change when he came on board was to move Scott-Howard Cooper from the NBA Beat to covering the Sacramento RiverCats.