sac big 3

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The key phrases here being "some months back" - and perhaps even more important "Ranadive aspires to". Ranadive has not exactly been hitting on all his aspirations.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Good lord. I cannot believe the crap BSPN dredges up. And yet, it happens every single year...and people keep reading it.

Truth of this is probably something along the lines of being at a Thunder-Kings game and having Vivek make a comment about how he'd love to see Westbrook, Cousins and Gay on the same team. You know, like I'd love to see a Ferrari in my driveway when I wake up in the morning. :p

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The key phrases here being "some months back" - and perhaps even more important "Ranadive aspires to". Ranadive has not exactly been hitting on all his aspirations.
I'm currently working on a list of the players I aspire to have on the Kings. I'll submit it to the forum right after I submit it to ESPN... Just so you know, so far, My aspiring success rate is 0%. However, my expectations are high. :confused:

Poor Vivek.

The guy finally does the right thing and gives all control to Vlade, but he still can't even express an opinion about the team he owns.

I think the most ridiculous part about that idea is that Rudy would be a piece in anyone's Big 3.
Would Rudy be the equal partner of Westbrook and Cousins in a big three?

No, he's not in the same class. However, he can still be a useful third option. Obviously Cousins and Westbrook would be the star duo, but if Rudy can recover from his injury and can get anywhere near his production from this season, then he would be a good third option on a team featuring two legitimate star players. In terms of small forwards he's not an elite player, despite that Rudy has been a pretty steady scorer throughout his career, and that's why he could be included in a big three, not so much as an equal to Cousins and Westbrook, but as a legitimate third option that can put up 20 a night if and when his name is called.

That said, I doubt Westbrook would come here. I feel he'll either stay in OKC or go to a bigger market team.

• On draft day (if we end up keeping our pick), trade 2017 1st, 2021 1st (unprotected), Bogdanovic, Cauley-Stein, Papagiannis, Richardson, Labissiere, & Barnes for Paul George & Thaddeus Young.
  • Then trade Koufos on draft day for a late 1st. Trade Tolliver & a 2nd for cap space (if we waive Tolliver outright, we'd still have $2 mil count against the cap).
  • Do not extend a QO to McLemore
  • Keep the bird rights for Collison & Casspi ($9.9 mil and $5.6 mil cap holds)
That'd leave us with about $17.7 mil in cap space. Throw it all at Holiday and sell him on a Cousins/George/Holiday trio. Then resign Collison & Casspi and use any esceptions we have at adding frontcourt depth.

PG - Holiday / Collison
SG - Temple
SF - George / Casspi
PF - Young
C - Cousins
*2017 late 1st

There's your big 3, Vivek :D