Ryan Anderson?

Admittedly, I was championing signing Ryan Anderson last offseason until I saw the 20M per year number. So that's still a big turnoff now.

I do agree with @bajaden that he could be utilized more in the low post, which is something Joerger would be likely to do. However, I really don't want any defensive deficient players on this team anymore. After the recent purge and youth movement, all the players they've acquired are 2-way players or have the potential to be. IMO, if a player doesn't fit in to that mold, they should look elsewhere.

I think the Ryan rumor was day before the Clippers trade, after the Clippers trade Rockets traded a bunch of assets and the 2018 first rounder
so now they can not use the 2019 pick. Ryan's contract is a big net negative in my book. If they want to go after Paul George now? Pacers want young players and picks. I just don't see any picks to get us to take on 60mil in cap. If it was offered before the Clipper trade, maybe would do it for 2018 and 2020 1st rd picks, but Sorry Rockets , Clippers stole your trade assets for a player that was going to leave anyway

We also have to remember that it's easy for us to be like oh yeah lets pay Ryan Anderson $60mil so we can get a pick or two at the back end of the first round....but Vivek actually has to write those checks to him and from a business standpoint, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I don't think many teams would pay $60mil for a couple of 27th picks and average to below average play out of your PF for 3 years. I know I wouldn't if I was the owner. There are better ways to go about building a team from a financial standpoint.

I'm probably going to get flak for this but from an advanced stats point of view, he's not really that much better than Tolliver these days. He also played on a team that gave him wide open looks constantly and had way more offensive possessions than the Kings did.

He is fun to watch and can be very valuable when is on fire, but, come on, 20 millions per year (60 for 3) for a veteran who can only shot threes? In our "let the kids play" system? Plus, im into signing veterans with totally different style of play (give the ball to the kids and let veterans "clean their mess").

No Ryan Anderson.

Let's not add players just to add them. If and only if they fit into our long term plans, let's add them. Otherwise I'm happy sitting under the minimum all season and saving that room for potential salary dump trades that net us picks, or just paying the rest to our current bus load of rooks as a bonus (smiles in the locker room).

I didn't realize his salary was that high. For some reason, assumed he had two years left on a "reasonable" contract (as if any of these contracts are actually reasonable.)

Although a PF isn't a must have, a SF is.
Who is a realistic SF for the Kings to pursue, meaning possibly obtainable?