Rudy Gay

K

KingsFan80

From HoopsRumors for Discussion:

The Thunder, Pacers, and Rockets are among the teams that have expressed interest in trading for Rudy Gay, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, who weighed in on Gay during a podcast with Bobby Marks.

Within a discussion on trade candidates and possibilities, Wojnarowski suggested that the Kings are “going to have to move” Gay before the 2017 deadline, comparing the situation to Ryan Anderson‘s in New Orleans a year ago. Anderson made it clear that he wouldn’t be re-signing with the Pelicans, but the team kept him anyway, and ultimately lost him for nothing — Sacramento can’t afford to do the same thing with Gay, in Wojnarowski’s view.

According to Wojnarowski, the Thunder had fairly serious talks with the Kings about Gay earlier in the year, and “maybe got pretty close to something” involving Cameron Payne. However, Payne suffered a major foot injury in early October, derailing – or at least postponing – those talks. The Pacers have also shown interest in Gay, while Wojnarowski classifies the Rockets’ interest as “periphery,” which makes it sound as if they’re monitoring the situation but perhaps haven’t actively pursued the veteran forward.

The odds of a Gay deal happening before the deadline seem good, and as of Thursday, more than 120 players around the NBA will become trade-eligible, leading to more discussions. Still, nothing is imminent at this point, and the veteran forward will have to get healthy first. He’s listed as out for tonight’s game due to a right hip flexor strain.

I know that the T wolves are looking for frontcourt help and I know that they're not playing Tyrus Jones at all. He's buried underneath 3 other PG's. A trade involving Jones may be interesting.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Thunder and Houston have assets the Kings could garner in return for the services of Gay...let's hope something gets done here that actually serves a purpose. I'm counting on you Vlade.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I absolutely expect a Rudy trade to OKC involving Payne. As soon as Payne looks healthy and is playing, I think the trigger is pulled. The longer OKC can stay in it as a potential high seed playoff team, we may get more from them such as both Payne and Sabonis or a pick.

If we got Sabonis too, OKC would have to be as dumb as us. No way.

I'd hoped we could have sent Rudy and Collision for Payne and oladipo when oladipo was struggling. Fat chance now. Rudy about as tradeable now as a Hillary for President pen and pencil set.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I absolutely expect a Rudy trade to OKC involving Payne. As soon as Payne looks healthy and is playing, I think the trigger is pulled. The longer OKC can stay in it as a potential high seed playoff team, we may get more from them such as both Payne and Sabonis or a pick.
The Thunder traded Ibaka with the intent to acquire Sabonis, why would they trade him for Gay? Who, like Ibaka, is a free agent in the summer as well with no commitments?

dude12

Hall of Famer
I think there is an outside chance on Sabonis, most likely not, I don't overrate young guys. Sabonis looks like a rotational player at best because of his shooting but he is a very poor rebounder at this point. Still it's probably Payne and salary filler but if we also kick in Lawson and or another guy like Ben, then they have to reciprocate.

I think there is an outside chance on Sabonis, most likely not, I don't overrate young guys. Sabonis looks like a rotational player at best because of his shooting but he is a very poor rebounder at this point. Still it's probably Payne and salary filler but if we also kick in Lawson and or another guy like Ben, then they have to reciprocate.
Only in terms of salary. Caveat Emptor.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I know that the T wolves are looking for frontcourt help and I know that they're not playing Tyrus Jones at all. He's buried underneath 3 other PG's. A trade involving Jones may be interesting.
Tyrus Jones was one of the best players at summer league last summer. I thought at the time that he's someone we should target. I guess the question for the T-Wolves is do they want to move Jones, or Rubio? All the rumors imply Rubio, but not quite yet. Who knows the real truth?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The Thunder traded Ibaka with the intent to acquire Sabonis, why would they trade him for Gay? Who, like Ibaka, is a free agent in the summer as well with no commitments?
I think the real truth is that the Thunder traded Ibaka to get Olidipo. Sabonis was sitting there when their turn came, and they took him. So you could say that Sabonis was one of the results of the Ibaka trade, but he had nothing to do with the genesis of the trade. I like nit picking....:rolleyes:

If we got Sabonis too, OKC would have to be as dumb as us. No way.

I'd hoped we could have sent Rudy and Collision for Payne and oladipo when oladipo was struggling. Fat chance now. Rudy about as tradeable now as a Hillary for President pen and pencil set.
Belinelli for a 1st rounder, proves we can actually be on the good side of a trade here in Sacramento.

Both Tyrus Jones and Terry Rozier looked good in SL, so I thought they were both worth targeting. Both are buried beneath a glut of PG's though looking at the numbers Rozier appears to be making more of the situation.

For now as second unit PG's I would be happy with either player, but if we are looking for starting caliber I'd be hesitant with our realistic trade pieces.

Rudy's great numbers this year is because it's contract year for him. Still his ISO plays and selfishness is killing the team chemistry. Also there seems to be no love between Rudy and Cuz.