Rudy Gay injury update

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Press release from the Kings:

Sacramento Kings forward Rudy Gay sustained a concussion in the third quarter of tonight's contest at Memphis.

Per NBA mandated policy, Gay will undergo return to play protocol beginning immediately to determine his readiness for future participation. This process includes a series of steps designed to ensure an athlete exhibits symptom-free behavior before resuming basketball activities. There is no predetermined timetable to complete the protocol, as each case presents differences and recovery times vary for each player.

Gay will not play in Wednesday’s game against the Rockets in Houston as he continues the league-mandated concussion protocol.

More information will be released as it becomes available

I'm shocked - shocked, I say, that Rudy getting hit ended up with him sitting out some games. :eek:

To be clear - I am not saying or insinuating that the Kings or Rudy is faking a concussion -
I AM saying that it's quite the coincidence that it happens to align exactly with what this franchise wants to do - tank as many of the remaining games this season as they can, by resting their stars.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm shocked - shocked, I say, that Rudy getting hit ended up with him sitting out some games. :eek:

To be clear - I am not saying or insinuating that the Kings or Rudy is faking a concussion -
I AM saying that it's quite the coincidence that it happens to align exactly with what this franchise wants to do - tank as many of the remaining games this season as they can, by resting their stars.
Indeed, he faked the elbow to the head that we all saw happen right in front of us too. And using those same acting skills, this summer I hear he's starring in a new TNT drama as 5'2" 73yr old asian man who just lost his wife of 50yrs to cancer.

Usually elbows to the temple result in concussions. In particular, elbows to the temple from 7'1" 265lb men result in concussions.

I see that you wrote that you are not insinuating that the Kings or Rudy are faking a concussion, but if you believe that, why bring it up in the first place? If your point was to simply bring up the obvious (Rudy got hurt when we decided to bench Cousins), congratulations. However, you seem to think everything is a conspiracy so forgive us if we don't believe you when you say "I am not saying or insinuating that the Kings or Rudy is faking a concussion."

I suggest watching the play in normal speed again. Rudy got clocked. This"conspiracy" theory is ridiculous. It just so happens that the human body is not immune to everything...

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

There are plenty of ways to have a guy sit out games that don't involve giving him brain damage.

Not everything is (in fact most things aren't) a part of some vast web of conspiracy ripped straight out of a Dan Brown novel.

Last edited:
There are plenty of ways to have a guy sit out games that don't involve giving him brain damage.

Not everything is (in fact most things aren't) a part of some vast web of conspiracy ripped straight out of a Dan Brown novel.
Of course everything isn't.

But let's be precise - if it was a conspiracy, it wouldn't be involving Marc Gasol's instantaneous reaction and his elbow, or "giving Rudy brain damage".
It would be involving the team doctors, and the medical conclusion that he had a concussion instead of just a bump.

And, again to be clear - I'm not saying the team doctors are falsifying medical conclusions - noone can know -
I'm saying that I believe it is in the team's clear interests that Rudy sits out some games between now and the end of the year, and that it's a fortuitous bounce of the elbow for the front office's tanking plans.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

But let's be precise - if it was a conspiracy, it wouldn't be involving Marc Gasol's instantaneous reaction and his elbow, or "giving Rudy brain damage".
It would be involving the team doctors, and the medical conclusion that he had a concussion instead of just a bump.

And, again to be clear - I'm not saying the team doctors are falsifying medical conclusions - noone can know -
I'm saying that I believe it is in the team's clear interests that Rudy sits out some games between now and the end of the year, and that it's a fortuitous bounce of the elbow for the front office's tanking plans.
As a man still suffering from the effects of serious brain trauma sustained through sports nearly a decade ago, I quite frankly find your blatant disregard for concussion protocol borderline offensive.

At this point just sit Boogie and Rudy. Let the young guys get some burn. We're very close to dropping a few spots in the lottery if we win any more games.

In truth you are not saying much, certainly not much worth repeating, and come to think of it, not much worth saying in the first place. Please return to your seat.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Good lord, dude. You need to go in and get your tinfoil hat resized - it's obviously too small and creating pressure on your brain.

I know a couple of people who have worked at various times as part of the team medical staff and for you to even vaguely insinuate they would ever falsify medical data is beyond disgusting. These are very hard-working men and women who do not deserve your "no one can know" comment as though there is actually any kind of question about their integrity.

You have stepped way over a line.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
it's a domino effect that perfectly coincides with what Pete and company want to do...tank hard. Might as well shut Rudy down for the remainder of the year along with Cousins and call it a season.

it's a domino effect that perfectly coincides with what Pete and company want to do...tank hard. Might as well shut Rudy down for the remainder of the year along with Cousins and call it a season.
Silver lining: we could heavily sway the Lakers into losing their pick.

But we'd have to lose to them twice. :/

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'd have no problem losing twice to the Lakers to get a higher pick. Certainly, the Lakers won't let that happen though. They pulled out all the stops last year to lose to the Kings and I wouldn't expect anything differently this year. I'd rather get my kicks in beating the Lakers when they actually don't want to lose against the Kings; the beginning of next year when the hopes are high is the time to get your licks in.