Rookies (Non-Kings)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
What rookies besides our own do you look forward to watching this upcoming season?

I personally want to see Dominique Jones, Quincy Pondexter, Trevor Booker & Eric Bledsoe.

Not sure yet but one thing I know is that Greg Monroe already looks to be quite the softy. Particularly around and under the basket.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Very true indeed. That's what his reputation was coming out of Georgetown, it's up to him to change that. It's hard to change finesse though, once finesse...well yeah. I also forgot to mention I am interested in watching Patrick Patterson.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well based on two preseason games from Evan Turner, can you say what the...? Just terrible performances, he might be waiting for the season to start. Favors looks pretty good based on what I've seen. Other then that, up to this point atleast, I did not see anybody else stand out. I'll be checking out more of the games to make further evaluation from there.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I want to see if Pittman gets any PT in Miami. I think he's with the perfect team because Riles is such a stickler on conditioning. It will be interesting to see if they can get some decent production out of him this year.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
^ I doubt he will see any playing time really. You think he would because that team lacks size period. I guess it's up to how he performs in practice. I can't say i've seen him in the preseason yet so I don't know what to think of his play.

I'm really excited about seeing Blake Griffin this year. He has done amazing things so far this pre-season. If he is healthy then he can have an awesome year.

I do like Greg Monroe, I know he is soft but I would like to see what ends up happening with him. Also, Cole Aldrich. Being compared to Joel Przybilla isn't bad!

I thought that Evan Turner was going to be Brandon Roy. I would like to see what ends up happening with him.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Blake should be entertaining to watch for sure.

I'm not a Greg Monroe fan really so I won't be following him really. Cole Aldrich should be an interesting fit for the Thunder.

Evan Turner I feel will turn it up in the season, he might be slumping now, but he might be one of those who rookies who look bad in the preseason and look good once the season come around. On the other hand, he can look bad now and look even worse once the season comes around, so it's a dice gamble with Mr. Turner.

Looking forward to all of them. Griffin is tearing stuff up right now, even out-rebounding Kaman most nights. Clips are bringing Aminu along more slowly. Funny but I worried about Turner more before his first few pre season games- now I think he can work in the league. I actually do like Monroe, I just didn't want us to draft him before Cousins. I'm very interested to see Greg Monroe play though, and I think he'll be a good player, as well as Johnson.

Here's what I wonder- if Griffin had gone in the 2010 draft where would he have been taken? Would he have been considered a better prospect than Cousins? Favors? Wall? Also it looks like there might be a real competition for ROY- who do you all think will win it, and who will have the best rookie seasons between Wall, Griffin, Cousins and Johnson?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think it will come down to Wall & Griffin personally. It also could be a 3 way race including DeMarcus if he gets enough minutes and starts most of the season. Wall has the ball in his hands a lot now in DC so he will be able to put up points. Griffin has tons of athleticism and strength to score inside and get plenty of rebounds, so it will be entertaining to see.

gunks

Hall of Famer
If Griffin continues to put up numbers like he has in preseason, it isnt going to be a contest.

Granted, he's going to be going up against more starters and less scrubs in the regular season...But still, dude had 17 boards against the Spurs with Duncan and Blair playing big minutes.

I dont think we're going to get back to back ROY winners. Cuz just isnt there yet conditioning wise. I wouldnt be surprised if he hits the rookie wall hard.

Methinks it'll be Griffin>Wall>>Cuz>>>>>>>>>>>The rest.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Looking forward to all of them. Griffin is tearing stuff up right now, even out-rebounding Kaman most nights. Clips are bringing Aminu along more slowly. Funny but I worried about Turner more before his first few pre season games- now I think he can work in the league. I actually do like Monroe, I just didn't want us to draft him before Cousins. I'm very interested to see Greg Monroe play though, and I think he'll be a good player, as well as Johnson.

Here's what I wonder- if Griffin had gone in the 2010 draft where would he have been taken? Would he have been considered a better prospect than Cousins? Favors? Wall? Also it looks like there might be a real competition for ROY- who do you all think will win it, and who will have the best rookie seasons between Wall, Griffin, Cousins and Johnson?
It would have been a dead heat with Wall and Griffin. Not close between Griffin and Cousins and the rest of the guys you mentioned.