Rock Band Draft - Round 6 (Wrap Up)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
For real fun, put your post into some other language in Babelfish and then translate it back to English. We did that a few seasons ago and great fun was had by all...

:p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You may have a bit of a wait for Lowenherz, who sent me his picks for the video game thread as he's in the process of moving and doesn't know when he'll have Internet access again...

You may have a bit of a wait for Lowenherz, who sent me his picks for the video game thread as he's in the process of moving and doesn't know when he'll have Internet access again...
Just waiting for SLAB now, I sent him a pm. He was on this morning, so it should'nt be too long.

Rankings are all over the place.

How long do we wait for SLAB?
We may have to figure something out as he made a pick in the video game thread this morning and I sent him a PM last night. Apparently his rankings in this thread are not that important. If he does not get them in today, I will consider the alternatives. Come on SLAB!

We may have to figure something out as he made a pick in the video game thread this morning and I sent him a PM last night. Apparently his rankings in this thread are not that important. If he does not get them in today, I will consider the alternatives. Come on SLAB!
Considering the pre-list rank is just for one person and they do not indicate the final ranking, just a guide for the tournament, I think it would be prudent to just post the rankings as is if you receive nothing from SLAB.

Considering the pre-list rank is just for one person and they do not indicate the final ranking, just a guide for the tournament, I think it would be prudent to just post the rankings as is if you receive nothing from SLAB.
You do not realize how much that messes up the rankings. Several are very close and his rankings will certainly change the outcome. Also, I'd have to randomly remove one of his rankings to make it fair. I'll figure it out tom morn, if he does not pm me his rankings by then. The spreadsheet is all set and awaiting his rankings. Slacker.

just have to do something to neutralize his advantage, since the rest of us ranked every band except ours.

Maybe the way you compile will neutralize this somehow? Assume each of us put our own band #1.. then he's missing a "#1 vote" instead of missing a "zero vote"?

just have to do something to neutralize his advantage, since the rest of us ranked every band except ours.

Maybe the way you compile will neutralize this somehow? Assume each of us put our own band #1.. then he's missing a "#1 vote" instead of missing a "zero vote"?
I am tallying the other way so that lowest score wins. 1st gets 1 point and 15th gets 15 points. I will simply remove his best ranking. He has had enough time. He has been on the last two mornings in a row.

I am tallying the other way so that lowest score wins. 1st gets 1 point and 15th gets 15 points. I will simply remove his best ranking. He has had enough time. He has been on the last two mornings in a row.
Or you could just divide the total points by votes received to get an average rank for everyone. Or just give everyone else 8pts which is the equivalent SLAB ranking everyone in a 15 way tie.

Also - if you are going lowest score wins then by SLAB not voting he is actually penalizing himself pretty severely right there.

You do not realize how much that messes up the rankings. Several are very close and his rankings will certainly change the outcome. Also, I'd have to randomly remove one of his rankings to make it fair. I'll figure it out tom morn, if he does not pm me his rankings by then. The spreadsheet is all set and awaiting his rankings. Slacker.
Are you calling me a Slacker or SLAB?

too bad SLAB is such a nice guy... the Freddy Mercury band right? He almost set me after David Gilmour when he chose "the other Pink Floyd guy"....

but enough is enough we gotta get on with it:)

Love ya SLAB

In the grand scheme of things, this won't affect the sun rising tomorrow morning. I say we just move on without him. Rank it as is without his ranking. I understand that rankings were all over the place, but it's not really that big of a deal.

Anyone else?

Edit: Whoah! Where did that come from?

Are you calling me a Slacker or SLAB?
If ya have to ask???? Joking, SLAB.

Also - if you are going lowest score wins then by SLAB not voting he is actually penalizing himself pretty severely right there.
This actualy makes the most sense. He is the only one with all 15 other rankings in, that will be fair. I'll just add it up as is and he gets the additional points as his penalty. Be back in a bit.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm pretty sure SLAB sent me his rankings. Went something like this:

1) Bricklayer
2) nobody worthy
3) nobody worthy
4) nobody worthy
5) nobody worthy
6) nobody worthy
7) nobody worthy
8) nobody worthy
9) nobody worthy