Rick Adelman done in Houston

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
OK, so we get Burlked, get an arena built with the Mayor's efforts and get Rick back to coach. Sounds like a plan to me! ;)

Edit - Bah, beat to the punch.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
ring dat phone Petrie, ring dat phone!
As long as the Maloofs own the Kings (Royals?) I guarantee that Adelman won't be coaching the team. A shame too, since, while very different from his early 2000's teams, this current roster could really benefit from Adelman's offensive system.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
This seems a far more boneheaded move by the Rockets than it was when we did it. The Maloofs at least foolishly thought they still had a contender and the coach lacked the killer instinct. Houston has been plagued with injuries and a GM that thinks he is playing in a rotisserie league. Who are they going to get that's better? Of course that could be the problem and they want to pick in the lottery for 4 or 5 seasons to get a few stars.

As for the Kings... I'd be fine with replacing the owners and getting back the old coach.

As long as the Maloofs own the Kings (Royals?) I guarantee that Adelman won't be coaching the team. A shame too, since, while very different from his early 2000's teams, this current roster could really benefit from Adelman's offensive system.
Too true. If they change there minds and stay in sac without selling the team this is something that they would have to look into as a means to rebuilding relationships with the fans and the area. It would be hard for them to do but so would going back on there plans to relocate and if that does happen then this is a real olive branch type gesture which would have to be made

Man I have been suggesting to bring back Rick for some time now. He would do wonders for this roster by implementing his offense and getting everyone on the same page. He would also have enough defensive players to get this team to play some great defense.

I would love to see Burkle buy the team and appoint Adelman as the coach. Burkle's personality would mesh a lot better with Adelman and Petrie as they are all pretty laid back, seek no fanfare type guys. They are not big on media attention, they just go about doing their job quietly and doing it very well I might add.

The the Kings can bring back Adelman, resign Dalembert and Thornton, draft well with our pick and sign a defensive glue guy at SF this team would be back in the play offs and striking fear into anyone they come up against.

This team is primed for Adelman take over!

there would be some continuity with rick. he picks a set of players and they know their role unlike westphal. players don't know what the ef is going on.. neither do the fans lol