Ric Bucher rumor about John Calipari & the Kings

No thanks. He's just a great recruiter by promising (and making it happen) to get guys drafted. His all star teams should win every year and they don't.

I think Calipari is a great college coach. He's a teacher, he instills discipline, and he gets his players to trust him. Mostly because he's proven time and time again that he puts the players' futures first no matter what.

However, I don't think he's a success in the NBA. It's a different kettle of fish dealing with NBA vets and college kids. He's great at what he does. I'm skeptical about his success in the NBA.

Pulled directly from the article...
The belief is that Ranadive will take another run after Calipari plans to make an offer that Calipari simply cannot refuse.
Not only does this reek of BS, the writer and editor didn't even bother to proofread the damn article. So Calipari plans to make an offer to himself?

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Stopped reading at Ruc Bucher says.
Like it or not, Bucher is very close to GS and Vivek is pretty close to GS. Hell, he had his name engraved in his courtside seat during the playoffs last year. So I wouldn't brush off the idea he's heard something.

As to Calipari or Corliss or Lieberman, I don't take much from that. What I do take from this is another rumor that Vivek/Vlade are already preparing for life after Karl and that could come sooner or later. And I believe that to be true.

And like it or not, there'a clear pattern here. We first come up in rumors/leaks, then the Kings faithful largely deny it, attack the source outside a few, then it continues to heat up, the Kings faithful continue to deny, then boom, something concrete happens and we find out there was truth to it all along. And that's happened more often than not. The Cuz to LA/Bos rumors are largely ridiculous but rumors regarding our FO/owner generally have truth to them.

We also still have a leak as we just saw with the Cuz cussing out Karl report.

I hate to see Vivek getting a hard time this season, when for the most part he has really muzzled up and made no trouble. I mean, take all the photos with robot security patrols that you want... have a ball. But I haven't heard any undermining quotes from Vivek about how to play on the court, or moves he might make off the court - he hasn't said anything that undermines Vlade - he kept his trap shut on the whole Cuz/Karl locker room thing.

I'm just so damn proud of Vivek this year he's been PERFECT - and I hate to see Bucher (or whatever petty malicious little prick is feeding Bucher) get over - and make Vivek look like a dope now.

Calipari has arguably the greatest coaching job in all of sports. He gets top tier talent. Treated like a god. Paid a huge amount of money. And players have no choice but to listen to him in a university setting.

So he's going to come to the Kings, who have had four coaches in five seasons, with HUGE egos in Rondo/Cousins? I don't care what kind of money they offer him. He's not taking it.

Btw, this is hilarious. The state of journalism across all mediums is beyond pathetic these days.

Posted by NBC Sports @ 12:00 PM EST
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/20...-to-john-calipari/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
Report: Kings owner plans to make big offer to John Calipari
Posted by NBC Sports @ 2:04 PM EST
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/20...fer-john-calipari/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
Source: Kings have no plans to offer John Calipari
Pathetic.

Btw, this is hilarious. The state of journalism across all mediums is beyond pathetic these days.

Posted by NBC Sports @ 12:00 PM EST
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/20...-to-john-calipari/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Posted by NBC Sports @ 2:04 PM EST
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/20...fer-john-calipari/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Pathetic.
Everything Kings is EZ entertainment. We've become the Onion, it doesn't matter if it is true or not, and people love to troll.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
No thanks. He's just a great recruiter by promising (and making it happen) to get guys drafted. His all star teams should win every year and they don't.
He is a great recruiter, but your wrong about his coaching, and your premise that he should win every year. It's not easy to win the national championship. One bad game and your done. If you go back and check out most national champions, you'll find a lot of them are teams loaded with juniors and seniors. In other words, experience. Louisville seldom recruits the top players out of highschool, but goes after players more toward the middle of the pack that will stay in school for 3 or 4 years. Yet, Louisville is almost always in the hunt for a national championship. Calapari's teams are usually loaded with freshmen, and sophmores, with an occasional junior. So every year he has to find a way to take some of the best players in the country, and get them to play team basketball. Duke is another school that's comfronted with that problem on a yearly basis, but not as badly as Kentucky.

My point is, almost every year that Calapari has been the head coach at Kentucky he'g gotten his team into the final four, or the championship game. Last year, I said that the one team that scared me for Kentucky was Wisconsin. They matched up well, and they had a more experienced team. And wa la, Wisconsin beat Kentucky. If Kentucky had gotten to that final game with Duke, I think Kentucky would have beaten Duke. Sometimes it's all about matchups.

Edit: By the way, I don't want Calapari for our head coach. Plus, I doubt he's even interested. He has a great gig at Kentucky where he's revered. Why throw all that away to coach a team that has been doing nothing but losing for the last 8 or 9 years.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
For the sake of stability, I hope any coaching change, if it is going to happen, happens in the off season. The Kings have been a national embarrassment for the last couple of years, and to fire our newly hired head coach after just a few games, would only add to that embarrassment. Frankly I'm tired of reading that crap. My feelings have nothing to do with whether I like or dislike Karl. However, when you have a coach that has won everywhere he's been, and now, and if the now continues, he's losing, then there's something else amiss. I can only analyse what I see on the court. I have no idea what's going on in the mind of certain players.

Rudy will look like a world beater in one game, and then look like he left his brain at home in the next. McLemore will finally look like he's in a grove, making shots and playing D, and then suddenly he acts like he thinks he's Michael Jordan, when he isn't, and he starts making glaring mistakes. Casspi at times looks like a very talented drunk in a china shop. Your scared to death he going to break something. Belinelli has proved to me that if you guard him up close, he's incapable of freeing himself up to create a shot. Probably why the Spurs used him to spread the floor. We need to set more screens or double screens for him like we did Kevin Martin when he was here. Mainly, you can't lead the NBA in turnovers, which we are, and win many games. Something is wrong in River City. I'm just not sure who to point the fickle finger of blame at.

Like it or not, Bucher is very close to GS and Vivek is pretty close to GS. Hell, he had his name engraved in his courtside seat during the playoffs last year. So I wouldn't brush off the idea he's heard something.

As to Calipari or Corliss or Lieberman, I don't take much from that. What I do take from this is another rumor that Vivek/Vlade are already preparing for life after Karl and that could come sooner or later. And I believe that to be true.

And like it or not, there'a clear pattern here. We first come up in rumors/leaks, then the Kings faithful largely deny it, attack the source outside a few, then it continues to heat up, the Kings faithful continue to deny, then boom, something concrete happens and we find out there was truth to it all along. And that's happened more often than not. The Cuz to LA/Bos rumors are largely ridiculous but rumors regarding our FO/owner generally have truth to them.

We also still have a leak as we just saw with the Cuz cussing out Karl report.
The problem with this is that when Rick buker was the sideline reporter for the Warriors, he didn't even know that Vivek was interested in trying to buy the Kings.

He is a great recruiter, but your wrong about his coaching, and your premise that he should win every year. It's not easy to win the national championship. One bad game and your done. If you go back and check out most national champions, you'll find a lot of them are teams loaded with juniors and seniors. In other words, experience. Louisville seldom recruits the top players out of highschool, but goes after players more toward the middle of the pack that will stay in school for 3 or 4 years. Yet, Louisville is almost always in the hunt for a national championship. Calapari's teams are usually loaded with freshmen, and sophmores, with an occasional junior. So every year he has to find a way to take some of the best players in the country, and get them to play team basketball. Duke is another school that's comfronted with that problem on a yearly basis, but not as badly as Kentucky.

My point is, almost every year that Calapari has been the head coach at Kentucky he'g gotten his team into the final four, or the championship game. Last year, I said that the one team that scared me for Kentucky was Wisconsin. They matched up well, and they had a more experienced team. And wa la, Wisconsin beat Kentucky. If Kentucky had gotten to that final game with Duke, I think Kentucky would have beaten Duke. Sometimes it's all about matchups.

Edit: By the way, I don't want Calapari for our head coach. Plus, I doubt he's even interested. He has a great gig at Kentucky where he's revered. Why throw all that away to coach a team that has been doing nothing but losing for the last 8 or 9 years.
Good points, I'm just not that enamored with his coaching style. His strong points to me are recruiting and getting guys drafted. My "win every year " comment was more made in jest

Pulled directly from the article...

Not only does this reek of BS, the writer and editor didn't even bother to proofread the damn article. So Calipari plans to make an offer to himself?
When it's a slow day in the sports world where does the sports media turn to? The Kings. :D
Well, we're easy pickings. At this point (obviously), so much craziness has been reported about Vivek, some of it justified and some not, that the writers have learned that they can say whatever they want, and people will click on that headline.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I do not know who leaked that story but I know damned well who I think did it.
I think it's Fegan and company. As I believe I said with the last round of leaks, we're seeing a Karl/Cuz media war through people close to them.

I think Karl leaks, which is easy to believe with all the connections he's made thru decades in this league and he knows how to play the game, and Fegan is a master of the game too.

Poking and prodding and it'll eventually end with one leaving. And my money's on Karl leaving despite Grant entertaining more trade talk on Cuz today.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Didn't we see this rumor in the summer? it's Ric Bucher out of all people. Coach Cal a NBA head coach? I don't see it. He likes discipline. He has it from his kids.

I was trying to think of any reason at all to read anything written by Rick Bucher. If you're a Kings fan with a serious case of the blahs and you want to get furious about something in order to jump start your mood, it might help. That's the best I could come up with. If you want to find out what's actually going on, you're wasting your time.