Revisiting DMC - again

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Which means the Kings were bad during the Cousins era, so not much has really changed, right?
Never said that there had. But we've actually got receipts on this: the Kings were bad before they drafted Cousins, and then they were bad while they had Cousins, and then they traded him, and continued to be bad. So there's no logical reason to attribute the badness to Cousins, is there?

I always wanted Z-Bo here to be that mentor to Cuz. He would have been perfect for that role, honestly if we could have brought in vets like Z, George and Vin that would have made a huge difference absolutely a huge difference.

I am not sure of the numbers and if we could have worked it out, but these a real leaders, real vets and they would have made a world of difference.

Never said that there had. But we've actually got receipts on this: the Kings were bad before they drafted Cousins, and then they were bad while they had Cousins, and then they traded him, and continued to be bad. So there's no logical reason to attribute the badness to Cousins, is there?
I have never said that the Kings were bad because of Cousins. What I have repeatedly stated is that because the Kings will be bad with or without Cousins, there is simply no point in investing 35-45% of your team's salary in one player no matter how good they are for the next 5 years.

The fact he was not a difference maker. Great guy to have on Fan Duel sometimes, but over all a player that did not make the team or his teammates better. Had it not been for his bodyguards within the forum his shortcomings (which you seem to either ignore or forgive) would not have been so frequently tiptoed past.

Cuz is a dead horse well beaten and way past the time to put the relentless revisits out to pasture. Let go. He wasn't that good.

The fact he was not a difference maker. Great guy to have on Fan Duel sometimes, but over all a player that did not make the team or his teammates better. Had it not been for his bodyguards within the forum his shortcomings (which you seem to either ignore or forgive) would not have been so frequently tiptoed past.

Cuz is a dead horse well beaten and way past the time to put the relentless revisits out to pasture. Let go. He wasn't that good.
:rolleyes:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Like him or hate him, that's just delusional.

Crybaby. Dragged team down with complainimg and blaming. Irresponsible technicals. Cheap shot opponents with elbows and forearms. Whine endlessly.....uncoachable unless it was coach K..

Not that good. Teams certainly weren't lined up making offers.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Crybaby. Dragged team down with complainimg and blaming. Irresponsible technicals. Cheap shot opponents with elbows and forearms. Whine endlessly.....uncoachable unless it was coach K..

Not that good. Teams certainly weren't lined up making offers.
I'm not going to argue the point with you. Have a good night.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I will gladly not ad to the forum if I'm not quoted...
Yeah, right; I'll believe it when I see it. You weren't quoted the first time, but you didn't let that stop you. For someone who had the audacity to tell other people to 'let go', you seemed quick enough to want to contribute. You weren't @'d or quoted by anyone, until after you decided to put your two cents in.

You obviously haven't 'let go', or else it wouldn't bother you that people here still care about him. You wouldn't feel the need to come into threads in the NBA sub-folder (not the Kings folder, mind you) to call him a "crybaby", or say that he "wasn't that good." Maybe you should take your own advice. 'Cause right now, you look as fake as Grant "Three Dolla Bill" Napear, with his obviously bull**** "I've moved on from DeMarcus," while passing up zero opportunities ever to talk **** about him.

As long as I keep it in the NBA forum, I'll continue to talk about whatever player and whatever team I feel like. If you have a problem with it, go elsewhere, 'cause I ain't leaving...
Yeah, right; I'll believe it when I see it. You weren't quoted the first time, but you didn't let that stop you. For someone who had the audacity to tell other people to 'let go', you seemed quick enough to want to contribute. You weren't @'d or quoted by anyone, until after you decided to put your two cents in.
You obviously haven't 'let go', or else it wouldn't bother you that people here still care about him. You wouldn't feel the need to come into threads in the NBA sub-folder (not the Kings folder, mind you) to call him a "crybaby", or say that he "wasn't that good." Maybe you should take your own advice. 'Cause right now, you look as fake as Grant "Three Dolla Bill" Napear, with his obviously bull**** "I've moved on from DeMarcus," while passing up zero opportunities ever to talk **** about him.
To quench your thirst. Recommended Google Search....cousins and his technicals and fouls. (A charming video montage).

Cousins is a very good player. I'm just not sure if he could put up the same numbers on a winning team or be the #1 option on a great team.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Right... because anybody could have made winners out of Ben McLemore, Ray McCallum, Derrick Williams and Jason Thompson.

Except, no, wait a minute... Oh, that's right, nobody could have made winners out of those guys. LeBron James couldn't have won games with those guys.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think we've seen what he can do as team's best player in terms of making them a winner.....not much.
even LeBron, Durant & Curry....the three best players in the league at the moment, couldn't win championships until they had all-star caliber teammates. How do you think Kawhi would fare on his own? how about James Harden? Westbrook is the one player I can think of that put his team on his back and carried them to the playoffs with no all-star teammates but even that wears on a player.

So this topic is revisiting but only some are allowed to revisi
So, I'm curious. Where were you when this discussion might have actually been relevant? You know, some 5 months ago?
So you agree this topic is irrelevant?

I don't feel the Cousins love. I guess I just agree with most of the league in that they would not want him on a team they were rooting for.

Lebron James took untalented D-League Cavs players to the finals and multiple playoff appearances. Now they didn't win championships , but he got them to > .500 record consistently.

I keep hearing about what a once in a generation talent he is. A no doubt first ballot hall of famer. A winner. Yet Cousins has never won more than 33 games in his career.

Didn't Cousins play with Tyreke "ROY" Evans? How about Isaiah "King of the Fourth" Thomas? What about Marcus Thornton? Rudy Gay? Cousins never had that star player alongside him, but he had capable players where a winning record would have been achievable.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So this topic is revisiting but only some are allowed to revisi

So you agree this topic is irrelevant?

I don't feel the Cousins love. I guess I just agree with most of the league in that they would not want him on a team they were rooting for.
Yes, I agree it's irrelevant. I think it's just another way for the Cousins haters to take another shot.

It takes two to whine/hate. But whatever. Cousins is gone; we have a whole new team to be excited about. I'm much more interested in looking to the future than dwelling in the past.

Have a good day.
Me too. Please stop quoting and challenging me on this topic and I will gladly leave it. Why it hasn't been closed is beyond me. Especially since you realize there other things to be excited about (maybe not last night but in general.)

I think the Cousins debate was revived following the two trades of Butler and George. Some people vehemently contend that Cousins should have fetched a King's ransom while two other star players who are on the same level as Cousins fetched less than the return the Kings received. This may come off as incredulous, but other teams may not view Cousins on the same level as his fans.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think the Cousins debate was revived following the two trades of Butler and George. Some people vehemently contend that Cousins should have fetched a King's ransom while two other star players who are on the same level as Cousins fetched less than the return the Kings received. This may come off as incredulous, but other teams may not view Cousins on the same level as his fans.
Actually the "debate" was revived when I split this out of the Papa G. thread. ;) I just didn't want to see the discussion of our new center totally buried by the discussion of a former center.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Well, no. Actually, the 'original' (depending on your value of original) thread was split out of the Papagiannis thread, but the "'debate' was revived" in the wake of the Chris Paul trade. Just around two dozen posts were split from the Chris Paul trade thread, and moved into this one; that's what "revived" the "debate."

Also, @LA King Fan II, stop lying; nobody believes you. "If you stop quoting me, I'll stop replying." No you won't. And, anyway, quit waiting for other people to do your work for you. If you were half as 'over it' as you act like you are, you wouldn't need for people to stop quoting you for you to stop replying; you'd just stop replying.

Like I said already, this thread isn't in Kings Rap: it's not distracting from any ongoing current discussion about the Kings. You're going out of your way to read it, and reply to it; don't put that on other people. We didn't cast a Summoner Spell to bring you into the thread: if you didn't feel compelled to let no DeMarcus Cousins discussion pass without making sure to get off your hot taek, nobody would be quoting you in the first place. Your 'wounds' here are self-inflicted.