remedies?

Looks like the same problem from last year- gotta fix that defense. Granted Christie is still getting his legs back and B.Jax is still getting into the swing of things, what else do the Kings need to do?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The remedy is time.

-Christie/Jax will DEFINATLY get better over the course of time.

-Tag has a cast thing on his hand, again, time will cure.

-Hopefully Webber will continue to get stronger as it goes.

Time, grasshopper, time!

Our whole frontcourt (with Barnes as probably the only exception) needs to be more physical and aggressive in pursuing loose balls and rebounds. Tonight Webber and Miller had at least 3 or 4 rebounds each that they didn't get because of a weak boxout or being too passive.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SLAB said:
The remedy is time.

-Christie/Jax will DEFINATLY get better over the course of time.

-Tag has a cast thing on his hand, again, time will cure.

-Hopefully Webber will continue to get stronger as it goes.

Time, grasshopper, time!
Precisely.

Generally, we don't beat the Mavs OR the Spurs with stellar defense. We beat them because our shooters ourshoot their shooters. While it's not the best game strategy to employ, it generally works - provided our pure shooter has his shot going.

Basically, I think it's time more than anything else.

Now, if we show the same lack of defensive focus against juggernaut teams like Chicago or Toronto, then I'll begin to be concerned.

:D

I am sure people would disagree with me but I would say pickup Rodman. He is 43 years old, but he is in ten times better shape than Ostertag. I think he could add the toughness that this team needs.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Crackerman said:
I am sure people would disagree with me but I would say pickup Rodman. He is 43 years old, but he is in ten times better shape than Ostertag. I think he could add the toughness that this team needs.
yes. People would disagree with you. :)

outside of being psychotic I doubt Rodman is better than me anymore, let alone Tag. Been a hard living 43 years.

Dennis Rodman probably isn't good for anything except rebounding and pissing some people off, probably including his teammates. He isn't a tough guy; only got that stigma from playing with the Bad Boys and kicking cameramen in Chicago. He would NOT be a good addition to this team.

The guy you're thinking about is Charles Oakley, but he can't play anymore either.

I liked some of the subsitutions we made yesterday, we sort of brought the "all defensive team" when we brought in Ostertag,Barnes,Jackson, and Christie, as for that fifth spot we need a scorer in at all times, but these 4 made some stops when in the game.