Reke vs THE WORLD (Tonight!)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That's just not fair. This is not going to be very fun to watch, are these guys that scared to play against each other that they need to team up together like this? I'll watch i anyways though because it's basketball and because I want to see what Reke has been doing so far in his offseason progression wise.

That's just not fair. This is not going to be very fun to watch, are these guys that scared to play against each other that they need to team up together like this? I'll watch i anyways though because it's basketball and because I want to see what Reke has been doing so far in his offseason progression wise.
Well the good news is Reke, JT and Salmons should be getting the majority of the minutes going against those guys. Nobody else on there could keep them in the game (maybe Lowry).

Wonder where Melo plans on sticking Donte... at the 5?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Your joking! Right? Its just a stupid exhibition game. One of many thats been played this summer. Cousins played in one last night at the University of Indiana. Most are for charity, and I really doubt that anyone even cares which side their on. A lot of the time the sides are decided by a drawing of names. Such as in Jimmers game.

Stream is finally up. Here's a link to the video player: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/. This is one of Tyreke's few opportunities to show what kind of player he is to a national audience. Thompson and Salmons too. They better not screw this up.

Well. team Philly is playing better when Tyreke isn't bringing the ball up, unless he's racing down the court in transition.

Lebron can't drive past Jason Thompson, lol. No surprise since he couldn't drive past Omer Asik last year either. JT = Asik, J.J. = Taj Gibson.

Tyreke is 1/4 on long jump shots. Subs are in.

All of these guys are out of shape. You can tell because their jumpers are short.

Last edited:
Was that Tyreke on the end of the alley oop?
Yup. I saw him on the first quarter highlight reel.

Lebron is wearing JJ Hickson's shoes from that other thread.

Jason Thompson got good post position. Had his back to the basket and used a hop into the lane. Lebron fouled him to stop the easy two.

Lebron's post game is still ugly. Couldn't do anything against Tyreke Evans. Tyreke pulled the chair and Lebron fell back and traveled, but they called a foul on Tyreke.

Jason Thompson is guarding Donte Greene.

Tyreke made a pull up jump shot.

They're posting Lebron, but so far he can't do anything against Jason Thompson or Tyreke. He could only score on Lou Williams.

Evans bricked another three and showed again that he's better when really running up the floor.

Tyreke tried to play point guard and run a pick and roll with Jason Thompson. Held on to the ball for too long, lost the passing angle and then just threw it out of bounds.

Lebron still can't score on Jason Thompson. Couldn't even drive past him yet again.

Tyreke Evans tries to drive past Donte Greene and gets his shot blocked by Donte.

Jason Thompson throws a pass through Tyreke's hands out of bounds.

Tyreke is about 1/6 on jumpers tonight.

LeBron can only post up point guards.

Small guards really have no trouble denying Tyreke the ball in the post. I saw this through a number of games last year and just saw it in this game.

These SI guys are morons. They don't consider Jason Thompson a PF or a C. Lol they just changed their minds.

Tyreke is 1/7 on jumpers.

The SI guys just said that Tyreke has attitude problems. I don't think they know anything about Tyreke because they said they were impressed. Tyreke's made his usual layups. That shouldn't impress anyone who's seen him play. They just said he was 6'7!

Jason Thompson's post game is kind of ugly but it's better than Lebrons'.

Tyreke bricks yet another jumper. It's a lost cause. Stick a fork in it.

Donte Greene stuffed Tyreke again. He's got at least four blocks in the game.

Jason Thompson ls getting stripped way too easily. He's not having the greatest game.

Lebron is choking in the fourth quarter again, lol. Kyle Lowry > Lebron

The SI guys don't think Jimmer is a point guard. They indirectly called him Eddie House. Sam Amick should slap these guys.

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
i can't find stats. watching game on si is like listening to a skipping record. just pauses every 3 seconds. I had to quit watching after 5 min.

Tyreke still bricking everything. Can still get to the ring whenever he wants, although he hasn't finished too well either.

Thought he has some absolutely breathtaking takes to the hoop, including one against Lebron himself. Tyreke can finish with the best of them. His problem is when he tries to take on the whole team and other opponents come over to help out to alter his shot.

Nice dribbling exhibition there by Reke but my god that jumper is still broke as ever.

It looked okay early one, had an in-n-out three pointer, then a couple nice long jumpers. As the game went on, he seemed to get tired and go back to his old ways. I don't think he will ever be a great shooter, but my hope is that he becomes good enough like Lebron so that they have to respect his jumper. (Lebron only went 1-8 himself from three points) You can tell that Donte Greene was giving him the shot when he was guarding Tyreke, and it worked well.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Definitely the Tyreke from his rookie year. Actually, I think he had some new moves under the basket. His jump shot is still a work in progress. Not going to make too much of it, since its just one game and everyone has off nights. Harder to do in his case since he doesn't have a lot of good nights from beyond the arc. I thought JT might have been the best defensive player on the Philly team. He did a good job on Lebron when he was guarding him. He didn't take many shots since he didn't touch the ball very much.

I'll be honest! The Jimmer all star game was more fun to watch. At least to me!

gunks

Hall of Famer
Not too worried about Rekes shooting...That always takes more than 2 offseasons work if the guy comes into the league without that skill.

...Seems like he is finishing a lot better than last season. Huge positive...His ankle/feet must be feeling a lot better!

And those handles.....Jeebus.

Id like to see Reke play more "serious" games, instead of games like these where its pretty much like streetball competition. Practicing his individual skills is always fine, but what he really needs is to practice in a competitive atmosphere that focuses on team basketball and not fancy moves or wowing the crowd. He can spend his whole offseason showing off, but thats not going to address what i think is his main deficiency: basketball IQ.