**PRAYER THREAD** (merged)

we're back home from running down to Santa Rosa to check on him. Alex is back at church camp, coming home tomorrow. All is well. They kept him overnight for observation purposes. All test came back fine. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts!

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
we're back home from running down to Santa Rosa to check on him. Alex is back at church camp, coming home tomorrow. All is well. They kept him overnight for observation purposes. All test came back fine. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts!
We are glad to hear he is OK!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have a very good friend who is going through an incredibly tough time at the moment. I'd like to ask for prayers that she finds the strength she needs.

:)

Prayers for strength for your friend VF. Glad to hear Alex is OK, Proph. I'll keep your little grandnephew in my thoughts & prayers, too, 6th. I hope Abagail is feeling better every day, Hoopsie.

Prayers too all of you in need.

My mom was diagnosed with metastatic cancer a while ago. Metastatic means it spread to other organs from the initial point. She has it on her lung, liver, and elsewhere too.

The life expectancy she received was about 4-5 months....Right now she's at a year and a half and counting..

The American healthcare system is nothing short of pathetic, though. My mothers doctors STILL havent located the exact location of the cancer cells. Dumbasses

One more thing though, a tip for all of you who's loved once have chronic diseases like cancer: ALWAYS keep pushing your doctor to do tests, and stuff like that. ALWAYS. 95% of the time, you have a doctor whose paycheck is more important to him than a patients life. See, when you have cancer, and you softly ask your Doc to perform some tests, he'll likely say something that'll make you think "ohh okay, i guess its not that important". DOCTORS SAY THAT beause for every test that you request, they lose ANNUAL BONUSES from their employer, since the tests are costly.

Dont let the healthcare system push you around and slowly kill you.always fight back

Great news, Hoopsie and 6th.

IDidntDoDat: Sorry to hear about your mother. Bad news for her and diffucult for you and her other loved ones. I'll be thinking good thoughts for her.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
My mom has lung cancer. It appears to have originated in her left lung. It has spread to her right lung and to the liver. It is inoperable.

She will see an oncologist (soon I hope) and will have a biopsy to see what type of cancer she has. That will help decide what treatments will be available. I pray that she can get some relief from radiation because she had already said that she will not have chemo.

We now play a waiting game. Please pray for her.

My mom has lung cancer. It appears to have originated in her left lung. It has spread to her right lung and to the liver. It is inoperable.

She will see an oncologist (soon I hope) and will have a biopsy to see what type of cancer she has. That will help decide what treatments will be available. I pray that she can get some relief from radiation because she had already said that she will not have chemo.

Yes, will do.

You know I will, for your mom and your sister and you. My thoughts are with you, my friend.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, she and you are in my prayers.

My precious Ziah has a little high bilirubin count, they are bringing lights tonight and we have to take him in the morning for a second lab. Please add my boy to your prayers.:(

Ziah's count has gone down a little, from 19.8 to 17.8, dr wants him at 14. we get to continue phototherapy blanket and do another lab tomorrow. Thx 4 the prayers.

Ziah's count is down to 12.8, his weight is back to birth weight and everything is getting back to normal. Thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts!

My continued prayers for all of you.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
8-3-09 Update:

Mom's appointment with the oncologist was today. We don't know any more than we did before. He can't tell her what type of cancer she's dealing with without a biopsy of the lung or liver. She doesn't want any biopsies, radiation, or chemo. So, she doesn't need to go back to him. He indicated that she may have anywhere from 3 months up to 12 months. She'll see her regular doctor from here on out. Don't know how often.

My mom is not looking for a miracle. She only wants prayers that, when the time comes, God will come and take her to heaven. I figure that is already a done deal because she is a good and faithful servant.

Wow...sorry to hear the latest, but I understand your mom's choice. Prayers for your mom and you and your family right now. My heart is with you, Gerri.