Power Rankings: Week 3

I like you're new picture mandry :)
Thanks, it was my gift for Brick for volunteering for Power Ranking duty. Well the verdict is in ladies an gents, and everyone except FoxSports.com has lost faith in us.

To hell with em... they will be changing their tune when we are knocking on the door of the playoffs. [Insert homerism]

FWIW, if you add up all of the numbers you get an average ranking of 25. I predict the Kings come out tomorrow and snap their losing streak. Go Kings!!

Well, we do have the talent to be better than those teams that foxsports ranked below us. We can actually get there provided we stop doing stupid things like play JT at the 3 or give minutes to Wright. Once we do that, maybe we can start thinking about a coherent offensive and defensive system. That should bump us up even another couple of spots...

Average ranking of 25 is just about right for this young team without direction or focus. I suppose if they were to win a few games, they could climb up the list. But as everyone knows, it is easier to fall down this list than it is to climb up it. Anyone who believes the Kings deserve better than this ranking is either practicing Gnosticism, or VooDoo/Witchcraft. The Kings cant shoot right now. And it isn't from a lack of good wide open shots. They have not hit wide open shots with any degree of consistency. I will be glad when the Kings find a way to hit open shots and play some semblance of defense. They are allowing a whopping 105 points a game while only scoring 99 points a game. I guess you can say they are just not good enough to stop anyone from scoring. And until they find a way to solidify their defense and start scoring better, this team is going to be in the cellar both record wise and statistically. And there is no one player you could pick out and say that they are the problem. The problem defensively is team wide!

EVERYONE on the Kings is playing token defense with the slim exception of Damlembert and occasionally Tyreke. The other players on this team are just going through the motions on defense and allowing the 6th WORSE total points in the league at 105.22 per, while they are only scoring 99.78 per game for a difference of -5.44. That is the major reason they are losing to everyone. They are being outscored every single game. Their shooting percentage is 0.449 (Tied for 9th worse) and from 3 point range it is 0.295 (2nd worse in the league). (All stats from NBA Dot Com)

No one on the Kings is shooting the ball well, and no one is playing any defense. Is it any wonder WHY the Kings are losing? Sure it is only 9 games in, but these numbers are TERRIBLE! They are getting good shots, but they are just not making them. The defense is just horrible. The Kings dont play team defense, and they are a collection of very poor individual defenders. I would have to say that the fact that they have one of the lowest payrolls in the NBA is starting to show big time! Maybe if the Maloofs were to kick down some coin to improve the product on the floor, the Kings could be at least competitive. But as stands right now, the Kings are getting beat every way possible, they are losing confidence more and more every game. And the season is taking a decidedly downward turn for the worse. It might be time for the Kings to make a trade for an outside shooter who can make the occasional shot to improve the outlook and confidence of this young and beaten down team. At their present rate, this team will not even win 25 games.

One way to look at it..... there really is only one direction to go.... UP!

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Young teams often get off to slow starts. Those with talent and direction often surge as they get organized. We have the talent. The direction...?