Poll on Fan's Concerns for this upcoming Season?

S

SacFAN

As fans, what are your main concerns for the upcoming season for the Sacramento Kings??

Keep doing what they've been doing and:

1. Health in the playoffs.
2. Season long attention to defense.
3. No major off-court behavior/chemistry incidents.

1) Health

2) Ostertag being able to do what the Kings hope (defense, picks, toughness, offensive rebounding)

3) Health

4) Emergence of at least one of the younger players

5) Health

6) Peja and Webber maintaining a professional attitude toward each other

7) Peja further developing his game

8) The Timberwolves, Spurs, Mavericks, Nuggets, Jazz, Rockets

9) Ownership allowing Petrie to make moves if necessary

10) Did we mention health?

- Staying Healthy

-Defense and aggressiveness overall

-Chemistry of the team

-The depth of our bench

-Will Webbers rehabbed knee hold up all season long, or 2 weeks into the season after being played on all the time will it be constantly sore. achey, stiff, etc.

-Adelmans' useage of the bench. Who he is putting in and when. I seem to disagree with a lot of Adelmans substitutions. When he does and doesn't decide to use them. Like Songaila mounting the come back against Dallas last year in the playoffs in a game. Then you didn't see him for the rest of the series accept maybe for a few seconds at the end of a game? That doesn't make any sense to me.

With the Kings, I think chemistry is generally more important than health. Over the years, we've seen them plagued with a myriad of injuries to several players, both bench and starters. The Kings have been able to be successful regardless of those injuries because of their exceptional chemistry between players, coaching staff, and organization as well as their depth in talent.

It's really a tough call, because of the extreme degree of Webber's injury. It's not like a pulled hamstring, or a broken hand. It's something that will be vulnerable the rest of his career. In addition to that, a lot of the leadership came from Vlade, and with an injured Chris, it's not like Vlade can take over and get tricky on the inside and pass out like he used to. Chris is an excellent passer, and Tag is not really known for his passing. If Chris gets hurt, and Greg is not able to quickly master the current offensive system, things could get ugly win:loss-wise...aside from just the obvious detrimient of being out a starting power foward.

Considering these things, I'm thinking staying healthy will be the most important key.

All of the above ;)...:(.

No really, right now, I'm just happy that the Kings basketball season is back. Whatever happens is going to happen no matter how much one thinks or tries not to think about it.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Obviously #1 will always be injury for the Kings, and then a distant 2nd will be whether Peja sulks or causes problems. If we get past those we'll be back in the mix again.

1. Scoring more points than the other guy!

(More seriously)

2. I'm concerned that the team might decide to give up this year. I hope I'm wrong, but it can be said that the glory days of the cinderella team are behind us. This very well could end up being a bleak year for kings basketball.

This year doesn't mark the beginning of anything new and exciting. 01-02 had us with a brand spanking new point guard, 02-03 saw the emergence of the kings as a Superpower, 03-04 was supposed to be G-Wall's breakout year.

Obviously, not all of these plans were successful, but they were things that fans had to look forward to in the year. I don't really see anything like that this year. Don't get me wrong, I generally agree with the changes that have been made to the Kings over the years, I even *like* Ostertag for Vlade. But it doesn't stand out as *New*.

Hopefully, the Kings have more heart than I'm afraid they have. I wouldn't blame them for becoming bitter, but give us fans something to watch and to root for.

Bricklayer said:
Obviously #1 will always be injury for the Kings, and then a distant 2nd will be whether Peja sulks or causes problems. If we get past those we'll be back in the mix again.
What Brick said!

And...
3. Whether Webb sulks or causes problems.
4. Miller and Tag being in shape!!!
5. Kevin and Ricky living up to our hyped up hopes!!
:D

Health

Chemistry

Webber's leadership

Play smart basketball - which also include tough defense

Coach utilizes bench players

Hopefully,Tag is not a flop

Work on freethrows

Win road games

Stay healthy for/during the playoffs

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Injury free and healthy the last 3 weeks of the season and thru the playoffs.

No major injuries during the season for core 8-9 players

Having two or three new faces show up big time

Consistency

This year doesn't mark the beginning of anything new and exciting. 01-02 had us with a brand spanking new point guard, 02-03 saw the emergence of the kings as a Superpower, 03-04 was supposed to be G-Wall's breakout year.
It doesn't? I have the opposite view here. We have Kevin, Bluth, Ricky, Alexander and Tag, all new, all unknowns in this system. I can tell you from watching them last night that Kevin and Ricky are capable of bringing that athletic edge to the team that the crowd loved so much from Gerald, and they can even shoot the ball. I'm looking forward to the new season, I think this incarnation of the Kings has wonderful potential.

Kingsgurl said:
It doesn't? I have the opposite view here. We have Kevin, Bluth, Ricky, Alexander and Tag, all new, all unknowns in this system. I can tell you from watching them last night that Kevin and Ricky are capable of bringing that athletic edge to the team that the crowd loved so much from Gerald, and they can even shoot the ball. I'm looking forward to the new season, I think this incarnation of the Kings has wonderful potential.
Gurlllll, don't over-hype the rookies or we'll all be disappointed. Yes, I am looking forward to seeing them play in the league and think they have endless potential BUT we haven't seen them play anything other than and1 type ball yet. I hope we have one Marquis in the group and if we have 3 or 4 I'm gonna be ecstatic!

I hope Tag's play lives up to his interview ability, I hope M&M show up early and often, I hope Alexander does well...but these are all hopes right now and those don't translate into endless optimism, at least in my household. I do HOPE that they all do well, I do HOPE for great things from them. BUT, I don't want to burden them with unrealistic expectations either.

I am hopeful about the upcoming season but realistic enough to know that no matter how good any/all of them are, it will take time to integrate them into Kings ball...especially in a time when there are so many other unknown variables at work. Webber's health. Team chemistry. Peja's attitude. Chris's attitude. How the other players respond over the season to any one player's 'tude. Doug's health. Bobby's health. Vlade's absence. Minutes played by the other guys if one or more players goes down with a prolonged injury.

I am excited to see them all play tomorrow (even if it's just pre-season) and I wish every one of them well. I know that we won't know much after tomorrow's game, but I am still excited to see them face another NBA squad as a team for the first time. But, with all those unknowns, it doesn't mean I think we're rollin' to the WCF or championships either. :eek:

If things go well with all the new additions (and one or more deletions) this year, then I think I'll probably be REALLY excited for the beginning of the 2005-6 season.

Just my 4 cents on the situation....thank GOD the TDOS is almost over so we can discuss real stuff (and I can go back into my corner and read other people's opinions of games and players and compare/contrast them with my own in silence).

KK!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Don't overhype the rookies or we'll all be disappointed?

What's wrong with a little hopeful optimisim, especially after all the negativity that's been floating around about the team?

You seem to think it might jinx the team or something to be excited about the rookies. That's not true. With unknowns, you can choose to be reserved and cautious, which you apparently are, or you can be hopeful and optimistic which a lot of us are.

If you're already thinking about how you'll look at the 2005-206 season, you're missing out on a lot of fun. Being excited about the new members of the team, the new opponents,etc. is IMHO what being a Kings fan is all about.

It's sure better than years past, when we were just wondering at what point in the season it would become mathematically impossible for us to reach the playoffs.

That's just MY 3 cents on the situation. If you're not as optimistic, fine. No problem. But there's no reason to take pins to the balloons of those of us who are, is there?

kingskings! said:
Gurlllll, don't over-hype the rookies or we'll all be disappointed. Yes, I am looking forward to seeing them play in the league and think they have endless potential BUT we haven't seen them play anything other than and1 type ball yet. I hope we have one Marquis in the group and if we have 3 or 4 I'm gonna be ecstatic!

I hope Tag's play lives up to his interview ability, I hope M&M show up early and often, I hope Alexander does well...but these are all hopes right now and those don't translate into endless optimism, at least in my household. I do HOPE that they all do well, I do HOPE for great things from them. BUT, I don't want to burden them with unrealistic expectations either.

I am hopeful about the upcoming season but realistic enough to know that no matter how good any/all of them are, it will take time to integrate them into Kings ball...especially in a time when there are so many other unknown variables at work. Webber's health. Team chemistry. Peja's attitude. Chris's attitude. How the other players respond over the season to any one player's 'tude. Doug's health. Bobby's health. Vlade's absence. Minutes played by the other guys if one or more players goes down with a prolonged injury.

I am excited to see them all play tomorrow (even if it's just pre-season) and I wish every one of them well. I know that we won't know much after tomorrow's game, but I am still excited to see them face another NBA squad as a team for the first time. But, with all those unknowns, it doesn't mean I think we're rollin' to the WCF or championships either. :eek:

If things go well with all the new additions (and one or more deletions) this year, then I think I'll probably be REALLY excited for the beginning of the 2005-6 season.

Just my 4 cents on the situation....thank GOD the TDOS is almost over so we can discuss real stuff (and I can go back into my corner and read other people's opinions of games and players and compare/contrast them with my own in silence).

KK!
I'm not overhyping the rooks. I said they were athletic, and can shoot the ball. I was responding to this statement
This year doesn't mark the beginning of anything new and exciting
I don't usually use the pre-season as a guage of much of anything, let alone how excited I should be or shouldn't be about the start of the season. Hell, the year we won 61 games we only went 4-4 in the pre-season AND we didn't have to travel halfway around the world even once. The year we won 55, we went 1-3.
I can understand where many people like to take the pessimistic view to protect themselves from being let down. I, myself, prefer to take joy out of whatever I can, since the NBA season is fraught with heartache aplenty during the normal course of events. There are alot of things to be pessimistic about, there are also things to be hopeful about. To each their own;)

It's a brand new season, and I find that exciting, even if somewhat trepiditious.