Players coming for workout

The percentages were really interesting to me, especially for #2 picks. And yes, if this draft is similar to the 1996 draft then having two top ten picks (especially if not reaching for bigs) seems like a great asset.

That said, I would trade #5 and #10 for #1 in a heartbeat. I could be wrong, but Fultz just jumps out to me as a stud. And I absolutely love his attitude.

Ball could be a transformational talent but I have more concerns about him. I think at minimum Fultz is a very good player. I don't know who else has that floor.

With Fox it's his shot. With Tatum it's his lack of explosiveness and whether his game translates. With Isaac it's his asthma, small hands and his lack of position and fluidity. With Smith it's his effort. And so on.

With Fultz the only real question is if he's just good or really great. I'd gamble on him over two longer odds shots at getting two great players.
I don't see Fultz as a no brainer at one... I think I'd take Jackson. But I don't know if I'd trade five and ten to get either myself.

If you like Fultz I'm wondering if you like dsj too? I think they compare pretty favorably as prospects with similar upsides. Difference is we can get dsj at #5.

I don't see Fultz as a no brainer at one... I think I'd take Jackson. But I don't know if I'd trade five and ten to get either myself.

If you like Fultz I'm wondering if you like dsj too? I think they compare pretty favorably as prospects with similar upsides. Difference is we can get dsj at #5.
Fultz is much bigger/longer, changes speeds better, a better shooter, has better passing vision and doesn't have Smith's injury history. But most importantly he didn't show the lack of effort and terrible body language that DSJ did.

I like DSJ but I'm not sure he plays winning basketball. I like Fultz a lot more.

I wouldn't hate it if the Kings took Smith at 5 (assuming that Fox is gone) but he's got a lot more red flags than I'd like. Fultz has fewer questions.

There are other guys with star potential (like Smith or Isaac) but the odds of them reaching that potential are significantly less than Fultz IMO.

Interesting that Zach said he didn't meet Vlade but Perry was there for his workout. I still have lingering suspicion if Perry is ultimately calling the shots now but don't want to spread any rumors

Fultz is much bigger/longer, changes speeds better, a better shooter, has better passing vision and doesn't have Smith's injury history. But most importantly he didn't show the lack of effort and terrible body language that DSJ did.

I like DSJ but I'm not sure he plays winning basketball. I like Fultz a lot more.

I wouldn't hate it if the Kings took Smith at 5 (assuming that Fox is gone) but he's got a lot more red flags than I'd like. Fultz has fewer questions.

There are other guys with star potential (like Smith or Isaac) but the odds of them reaching that potential are significantly less than Fultz IMO.
For sure. Dsj's injury doesn't concern me... He proved last year that he's as explosive as ever and the knee held up all year. Heard something crazy on the radio that he healed super quickly compared to what the doctors told him before his surgery. When he asked about it they said he has an extra ligament in his knee, like 5% of the population has it. Adrian Peterson apparently is another athlete with the extra ligament. Don't know what that means for the future but I'll take it as a positive lol.

Dsj and Fultz are close for me. Don't get me wrong, I'd take Fultz over dsj but I think it's anyone's guess as to who will be the better pro. Similar production, similar strengths and weaknesses. Dsj at #5 and then og and Semi with our next two picks. Gives us two chances at landing an elite defensive wing to go along with Smith as our new point.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Interesting that Zach said he didn't meet Vlade but Perry was there for his workout. I still have lingering suspicion if Perry is ultimately calling the shots now but don't want to spread any rumors
They had a pro day over in Europe for the European players and I suspect that Vlade was in attendance. It's the equivalent of the NBA combine in Europe. Most of, or at least a lot of the GM's were over there. Hard to be in two places at one time, and this time of the year, you have to trust your 2nd in command and your coach.

Fultz is a no-brainer at #1. He appears to have packed on some good muscle since the end of the season too.

They had a pro day over in Europe for the European players and I suspect that Vlade was in attendance. It's the equivalent of the NBA combine in Europe. Most of, or at least a lot of the GM's were over there. Hard to be in two places at one time, and this time of the year, you have to trust your 2nd in command and your coach.
No, that can't be it! I'm sure that Vlade was taking a smoke break and Perry is secretly acting as our new GM. :rolleyes:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Anyone know if they worked out Justin Patton?

(or even better, if there's a list somewhere of all the players they've worked out?)
The more I think about it, the more I am hoping the Kings take a chance on Patton at 10 if they don't like the options at 10. He has a lot of upside and while we have enough centers, you ship one of them out and put Patton in a gym and chisel away at a future monster, hopefully.

The more I think about it, the more I am hoping the Kings take a chance on Patton at 10 if they don't like the options at 10. He has a lot of upside and while we have enough centers, you ship one of them out and put Patton in a gym and chisel away at a future monster, hopefully.
I'm extremely high on Patton, I think he's got lottery talent and caught a bunch of Creighton's games this year. Chris Mullin compared him to Marcus Camby after they played St. Johns. I think he's got really good vision as a passer, he's raw but has tons of upside, great project and he's clearly improving rapidly which is always a great sign, especially for bigs.

If they took him at #10 I'd defend it, even better would be to trade down from 10 to scoop him up though.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I like Patton a lot. Not sure I like him more than Zach Collins, but wouldn't be disappointed if we grabbed him at ten. Wouldn't mind Justin Jackson either, although I don't think he's star material. Should be a solid pro though.

Isn't that realistically what you're looking for at that draft position? Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce are nowhere to be found (at 9 and 10) in most drafts.
No!!You're looking for the best player available, and that player in this draft, will certainly be better than just a 'solid pro' !!!

The 2013 draft was perceived as the weakest in years and look how many studs were still on the board at 10.

No!!You're looking for the best player available, and that player in this draft, will certainly be better than just a 'solid pro' !!!.
You're always looking for the best player available. That's not saying much. And there's no guarantee this draft will produce anything above the norm.

The 2013 draft was perceived as the weakest in years and look how many studs were still on the board at 10.
All that says is those evaluating that draft were very wrong.