Pete D'alesandro and Kenneth Faried's Relationship

I would be on board if we can do something about our current PF situation he could fit in nicely. If Moreland pans out him and Faried would be a nice pairing in the front court.

Let me start by saying I like Faried a lot. His hustle and attitude are infectious. That said, he is a terrible fit next to Cousins. Honestly, I fail to see how he fits any better next to Cousins than Acy or Evans. Now, if you are telling me Evans is gone AND Faried is coming as a backup energy guy, then outstanding. But there is no way he is coming as a bench/energy guy. If you had to rank the type of 4 to play alongside Cousins, it would look something like this (note that a Faried type is VERY far down the list):

Rim protector and Stretch 4- Serge Ibaka. Not sure there is another who both stretch and protects
Rim protector- the obvious pairing to allow Cuz to focus his efforts on offense and not as rim protector (hopefully, in a few years, Moreland, or we keep looking)
Big Body defender, non shotblocker- someone like JT. Not a rim protector, but a big enough body and good enough post defender to guard the bigs and save Cuz's fouls
Stretch 4- if you can't get a defensive 4, then get a real stretch 4 with range to make Cuz's life on offense easier- ala Ryan Anderson
A smallish defensive 4- someone like Chuck Hayes. A munchkin, but will do the dirty work
A smallish 4 that has energy/good attitude but plays no defense- Ala Evans or Faried
A smallish 4 with no defense, not really the range of a stretch 4, but some offensive and midrange game- ala Landry
A smallish 4 with no defense, no real range or polished offensive game- ala DWill

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd welcome Faried with welcome arms, you can't teach his hustle and effort regardless if he can't shoot. That's something you can learn along the way anyway. That being said, this is wishful thinking at the moment because I don't see Denver letting him go especially after the nice tournament he just had, albeit it wasn't against NBA competition.

He's undersized (6'7.5" w/ shoes), isn't a rim protector, and can't hit midrange jumpers. I hope we're not planning on bringing him in as a starter next to Cuz.
This player is a dwarf at PF, especially at NBA's Western Conference. No way he would fit in nicely on the Kings, except on a 6th man role. Yes, him and Cousins can solidify our frontcourt if we are building a Championship team to compete at D-League or FIBA.

Kenneth Faried:

Height w/out Shoes: 6' 6"
Height with Shoes: 6' 7.5"

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Seems were missing the "stretch 4" Coach K used in FIBA ball, Rudy Gay. Think about a lineup of: Cuz and Gay 5 and 4, Nik and Ben at 3 and 2 and McCallum or Collison. If they run and gun and go for wins and not stats, could work. Sure I'm dreaming but 3 energy guys could be interesting. Realilty we could see Cuz/JT/Moreland, JT/Landry/Evans, Rudy/DWill/Omri, Nik/Ben and Darren/Ray. Sure may be a trade in next 2 weeks but if not this may be it.

As to Faried, his price tag went sky high and for the right team but don't see Kings as the right team. Runs and rebounds but little offense and no shooting threat from anywhere outside of 5 ft from basket for putbacks. Ben, Nik and Omri are gonna be our energy guys along with Evans. We'll see soon enough.

Seems were missing the "stretch 4" Coach K used in FIBA ball, Rudy Gay. Think about a lineup of: Cuz and Gay 5 and 4, Nik and Ben at 3 and 2 and McCallum or Collison. If they run and gun and go for wins and not stats, could work.
That would be a disastrous lineup. Awful defensively. Would get killed on the boards.

Seems were missing the "stretch 4" Coach K used in FIBA ball, Rudy Gay. Think about a lineup of: Cuz and Gay 5 and 4, Nik and Ben at 3 and 2 and McCallum or Collison. If they run and gun and go for wins and not stats, could work. Sure I'm dreaming but 3 energy guys could be interesting. Realilty we could see Cuz/JT/Moreland, JT/Landry/Evans, Rudy/DWill/Omri, Nik/Ben and Darren/Ray. Sure may be a trade in next 2 weeks but if not this may be it.

As to Faried, his price tag went sky high and for the right team but don't see Kings as the right team. Runs and rebounds but little offense and no shooting threat from anywhere outside of 5 ft from basket for putbacks. Ben, Nik and Omri are gonna be our energy guys along with Evans. We'll see soon enough.
Not a fan of Gay playing the 4 in the NBA. Only a very select few teams that would work out ok against

Faired just got overrated it's sad I'd rather have ryan Anderson as our starter over him of we arnt getting a shot blocker. Atleast he would make the offense that more potent.

I wouldn't mind having him. He's a very good player, which would overshadow the whole idea that we need a tall defensive shot blocker.

Having a 4 man PF/C regular rotation you really only need one guy that can block shots (5th man that maybe gets 5 to 7 mins a game). If Moreland works out he might be the guy we are looking for.

All this will depend on his price. If it's too high then no... But if he's willing to come at 10mil a year then I would take it.

KF: Yeah, I agree with that. He is very easy to talk to. I get along with him. We have great conversation. (He’s) easy-going, great speaker. Even though he’s so cool, he don’t take no nonsense though. Because if you ain’t doing the right stuff, he’ll tell you about it. And if you continue to do it, he will trade you!

CK: So he’s the first person to let you know when you’re messing up?

KF: Yeah, he would let you know and I respect that about him.

- See more at: http://cowbellkingdom.com/kenneth-f...ros-personable-approach/#sthash.sDl3Hhbo.dpuf

This is a pretty interesting quote. I wonder what conversations he has had with past personnel and if there are some other reasons why players are no longer here.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
He's undersized (6'7.5" w/ shoes), isn't a rim protector, and can't hit midrange jumpers. I hope we're not planning on bringing him in as a starter next to Cuz.
Yeah, that's the problem. He's actually not much better of a fit than Reggie Evans right now. And what Denver/Shaw has him working on is developing some post game, which still isn't going to make him a fit.

Now if he could either a) go from a minus to a + defender; or b) become a consistent midrange faceup jumpshooter, then he could fit. The boarding/hustle is useful and gives him value on any team, but since the very top two traits to put next to a great center are defense and midrage J on offense, and he has neither, its hardly a perfect fit.

PDA wanted him in Denver, this young man is a Gold Medalist, NBA All Rookie first team, NBA Rising Stars Challenge MVP, and a winner of the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award. I don't understand how many fans in this thread cannot like him.? Use signandtrade.com tool and see Faried comparisons with any PF you would like to want '15 Free Agency, and the Kings PF's too.

This new fluid offensive, positionless type of team will blow your mind within the next 2 years. This Ownership/FO/and the Coaching Staff are ready to win a title now. There is very little time to "develop" our prospects. JT is no longer a fluid offensive player fit. The player they wanted in a fluid offensive backup PF was Carl Landry, and I'm pretty sure he's not going anywhere including our future backup PG in Collison too.
Most of you fans don't have KF35 on your radar,.... But PDA has a "green light" on him!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I like Faried, and liked him in college, he was one of my favorite players to watch. He has an incredible motor, and is a very good athlete. I'm not as concerned about his height as I'am his skill level. He's a good rebounder and he'll get his share of points on putbacks, alley opp's and break aways. But he doesn't have the ability to pull people away from the basket on offense, and he's not effective defending post up's. I don't fault him for effort, and its possible he could improve to some degree. If he could develop a midrange jumpshot, then I think I could live with him along side Cousins, but it still wouldn't be ideal. Now as an off the bench player, he would be great, but I'm not going to pay a player 10 mil a year to come off the bench.

PDA wanted him in Denver, this young man is a Gold Medalist, NBA All Rookie first team, NBA Rising Stars Challenge MVP, and a winner of the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award. I don't understand how many fans in this thread cannot like him.? Use signandtrade.com tool and see Faried comparisons with any PF you would like to want '15 Free Agency, and the Kings PF's too.

This new fluid offensive, positionless type of team will blow your mind within the next 2 years. This Ownership/FO/and the Coaching Staff are ready to win a title now. There is very little time to "develop" our prospects. JT is no longer a fluid offensive player fit. The player they wanted in a fluid offensive backup PF was Carl Landry, and I'm pretty sure he's not going anywhere including our future backup PG in Collison too.
Most of you fans don't have KF35 on your radar,.... But PDA has a "green light" on him!
Love your enthusiasm but you may want to prepare yourself for disappointment.

Unless the manimal performs in the NBA like he has been in FIBA, I do not want him next to Cousins. It solves none of our issues. We need an upgrade in that spot, not a continuation of midget/smallish PFs.

K

KingMilz

Please no, he won't be worth the money, doesn't fit next to Cousins as well as many others would and once he gets to the playoffs he's empty impact/stats. This is the same guy that Landry schooled 2 seasons ago in the playoffs and allowed Harrison Barnes to have career numbers.

I would way rather try get Mozgov and pair him with Cousins over Faried anyday of the week. I'm sure I would love Faried and support him if he was on the team (I loved Reggie/Acy and he's a better player than them with a similar style) due to his effort but I simply cannot accept the flaws in his game when combined with what he will be paid.

Paul Milsap (he's a FA same time as Faried I think?) is the only undersized type PF I would want next to Cousins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bright fans! We could just keep Moreland or maybe get Acy or Mozgov instead of "undersized midget" Faried! Unbelievable!
Let's just hope that Denver is desperate/not bright enough and will give him his $12-13 million.
I'm sure we could afford Kenny next year after dumping DWill and renegotiate with Rudy Gay.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
If you think Faried is worth 12/13, then I want some of your Kool-Aid.

Is Faried a good player? Sure. Did he dominate inferior FIBA competition? Fine. I would have liked to have seen him against a standard front line, you know, like the ones he goes up against in the NBA. He really wanted to prove himself against Spain, but alas, did not get the opportunity.

He's a scrapper and a hustler, and that's great. It's why he has his fans, but everything he does directly contradicts what we need the PF playing next to Cousins to do.
It's time to stop collecting random assets - we need the pieces to fit now.

Last edited:
K

KingMilz

Bright fans! We could just keep Moreland or maybe get Acy or Mozgov instead of "undersized midget" Faried! Unbelievable!

I'm sure we could afford Kenny next year after dumping DWill and renegotiate with Rudy Gay.
You would not want a fairly athletic 7 footer with a soft touch, improving range and can actually defend in the paint and block shots? Mozgov type players are far harder to find than undersized athletic poor man's Shawn Marions.

You would not want a fairly athletic 7 footer with a soft touch, improving range and can actually defend in the paint and block shots? Mozgov type players are far harder to find than undersized athletic poor man's Shawn Marions.
More of a poor man's Dennis Rodman or Varejao. Marion can shoot from long range and can defend as well.