Pelicans fire Monty Williams

Watching Tyreke & IT in the playoffs has been bad enough. To watch Malone (coaching Evans no less) take the Pelicans to the playoffs would be incredibly frustrating. Unbelievably frustrating if the Kings are a lottery team yet again next season.

I'm a huge Malone fan but I'm actually hoping he doesn't get that gig just to I don't have to watch that happen.

That's a bit selfish, no? ;)

I get it.

I hope Malone gets a shot, but if they fired Monty, I'm betting that they go after a big name first. That team is ready to take a big leap, and soon.

If the Pelicans hire Malone, it would be a catastrophically blatant sign that the rest of the NBA believes Vivek and the Kings' FO are borderline crazy.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
If the Pelicans hire Malone, it would be a catastrophically blatant sign that the rest of the NBA believes Vivek and the Kings' FO are borderline crazy.
That's a bit of a reach.
If Orlando were to hire Monty Williams, would that be a catastrophically blatant sign that the rest of the NBA believes the Pelicans' FO are bordeline crazy?
When we hired George Karl, was that a catastrophically blatant sign that the rest of the NBA believed the Nuggets' FO was bordeline crazy?
When Cleveland re-hired Mike Brown, was that a catastrophically blatant sign that the rest of the NBA believed that their own belief that the Cavaliers' FO was borderline crazy when the Lakers hired Mike Brown was borderline crazy?

Glad we locked down Karl when we did. I think it's pretty obvious with all financials being equal which team he would prefer to coach if we had waited until the offseason.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
let the Thibodeau talks begin....is he good for Davis? will he wear him out like he has Rose and the rest of the Bulls?
Word is that the Bulls might be vindictive enough to intentionally hold off firing Thibs until after all the job vacancies get filled. Fairly remarkable, and not a way to make friends.

Another word is that Jeff Van Gundy, who I long hoped to convince to come here, is interested in coaching Davis. a Phil Jackson level golden parachute back into the league. Almost can't fail to win, although expectations for a title may catch up to you in a few years if it doesn't happen.