Peja interview on 1140am

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi said:
He does not get enough sleep lately.

We can expect him to play better on the road than at home.:eek:
Peja is not the first player in the history of the NBA to have a newborn baby at home.

Geez....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bad Bricklayer!!

:p

Seriously, I have always liked Peja. And I sympathized with him when he was suffering through his slump, etc. But he's not the first player in the NBA to have to overcome various difficulties.

What I find so bothersome - and which I think is the real reason I get so upset - is that, for whatever reason, some people seem to feel he deserves a complete and total pass for any wrongdoing whatsoever, whether it's shooting airballs, bouncing key shots off the side of the backboard, making silly comments that should never have been made public, etc.

Peja Stojakovic is a good basketball player - a VERY good basketball player - but he's still human.

Just as I tend to defend Webber when people overdo the criticism of him, I feel the need to balance the scales when other people put Peja up on that high, high pedastal.

Neither extreme is right, IMHO.

I just want to see the guys who want to play for the Sacramento Kings get along together - at least on the court. I want to see drive, desire, intensity, and teamwork.

Is that too much to hope for?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
Bad Bricklayer!!

:p

Seriously, I have always liked Peja. And I sympathized with him when he was suffering through his slump, etc. But he's not the first player in the NBA to have to overcome various difficulties.

What I find so bothersome - and which I think is the real reason I get so upset - is that, for whatever reason, some people seem to feel he deserves a complete and total pass for any wrongdoing whatsoever, whether it's shooting airballs, bouncing key shots off the side of the backboard, making silly comments that should never have been made public, etc.

Peja Stojakovic is a good basketball player - a VERY good basketball player - but he's still human.

Just as I tend to defend Webber when people overdo the criticism of him, I feel the need to balance the scales when other people put Peja up on that high, high pedastal.

Neither extreme is right, IMHO.

I just want to see the guys who want to play for the Sacramento Kings get along together - at least on the court. I want to see drive, desire, intensity, and teamwork.

Is that too much to hope for?
I agree and at teh risk of incuring the wrath of the Peja fanitics I would say Peja has not shown toughness mentaly or physicaly. Lets hope he has it. the NBA is bad palce for those with thin skins, short tempers and wost of all those who are soft.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Newborn baby? That's not why I wouldn't be getting any rest at home if I were Peja. ;)
That was exactly what I was thinking.
Also when I said that BB is not the most important thing for Peja - I had the same in mind.