Pau Gasol

It wont happen but dam we would be at divac/webber 2.0. Its not a pipedream its achieveable but we need new ownership to swiftly make this happen.

Id give up anyone but reke and demarcus and if i could keep a hold of MT id be happy

It wont happen but dam we would be at divac/webber 2.0. Its not a pipedream its achieveable but we need new ownership to swiftly make this happen.

Id give up anyone but reke and demarcus and if i could keep a hold of MT id be happy
What for? With Smart at the helm we could have LBJ and he'd play 25min a game. He'd probably play Gasol with Chuck Hayes and have him going 1 on 1 from the 3 point line

L

LWP777

Why on earth would you want to hold onto MT?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Discussed this before last month. Dangerous idea, but interesting one. Given his salary you would have to give up a lot of material to get the guy, and then the question is would he justify it/how much would he have left. Also, the later inthe eyar it gets, the more futile such a move could be, although now wiht a new ownership there might at least be enough money to resign him after next year if he wanted to stay -- and with new money/enthusiasm, a greater chance he would.

In any case, hard to imagine we are not on major trade lockdown until the team is sold in a few months.

Okay I'll bite

I dont mind having him in a 6th man role at all and i feel thats the role he'd have on a well to do postseason bound team.
What about this kind of deal?

ATL GETS:
SG Marcus Thornton
SF Francisco Garcia
PG Darius Morris
2015 1st Rd. pick (from LAL)

LAL GETS:
PF Josh Smith
SF John Salmons

SAC GETS:
PF Pau Gasol
SG John Jenkins
C Robert Sacre

Then I would turn around and make a second deal...

NOH GETS:
PF/C Jason Thompson
PG Jimmer Fredette

SAC GETS:
PF Ryan Anderson

NEW LINEUP:

C: Cousins/Hayes/Sacre
PF: Gasol/Robinson
SF: Anderson/Johnson/Outlaw/Honeycutt
PG: Thomas/Brooks
SG: Evans/Jenkins

Draft a SF, re-sign 'Reke, add a backup C/PF in second round or via free agency using the expirings of Sacre and JJ. Then in two years, either re-sign Pau to a lower wage or use the expiring to retool with Anderson as PF and potentially a new, starting-caliber PG. Easier said than done, I know, but just an idea.

Last edited:

Mojo

G-League
The first trade is ok, Atlanta might want more than that though. Anderson for Thompson/Jimmer is silly.

Last edited:
The first trade is ok, Atlanta might want more than that though. Anderson for Thompson/Jimmer is silly.
Dare to dream, right?

I know, it's far-fetched. But I think ATL is in a tough spot: do you go full bore for Dwight and try and keep Smith (a close friend of his) to lure him, or get something, ANYTHING, for him and maintain (via Garcia) some semblance of roster flexibility through huge expirings while adding a piece (MT) that can be valuable for a run this year and potentially beyond (off the bench) regardless?

Let's dream a sec. What if we did the above deal for Gasol and Jenkins, then made a smaller deal using Brooks and JT to acquire Ekpe Udoh and Mbah a Moute? Why does MIL do this? They can use size and push Ersan to the 3 or use Dunleavy there while keeping Ersan at the 4 and pushing JT to the bench. Their starters would be some combo of Sanders/JT (or Ersan, Dunleavy at 3)/Ersan/Jennings/Ellis, with Brooks joining their bench. Udoh is bench fodder but could serve a nice role defensively or in a pinch. New lineup as follows:

C: Cousins/Hayes
PF: Gasol/Robinson/Udoh
SF: Mbah a Moute/Johnson/Outlaw/Honeycutt
PG: Thomas/Fredette

Scoring at the 1, 4, 5, balance at the 2, and a defensive stopper at the 3. Sure, MAM doesn't score for anything, but that might work with the other 4 looking for shots.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Dare to dream, right?

I know, it's far-fetched. But I think ATL is in a tough spot: do you go full bore for Dwight and try and keep Smith (a close friend of his) to lure him, or get something, ANYTHING, for him and maintain (via Garcia) some semblance of roster flexibility through huge expirings while adding a piece (MT) that can be valuable for a run this year and potentially beyond (off the bench) regardless?

Let's dream a sec. What if we did the above deal for Gasol and Jenkins, then made a smaller deal using Brooks and JT to acquire Ekpe Udoh and Mbah a Moute? Why does MIL do this? They can use size and push Ersan to the 3 or use Dunleavy there while keeping Ersan at the 4 and pushing JT to the bench. Their starters would be some combo of Sanders/JT (or Ersan, Dunleavy at 3)/Ersan/Jennings/Ellis, with Brooks joining their bench. Udoh is bench fodder but could serve a nice role defensively or in a pinch. New lineup as follows:

C: Cousins/Hayes
PF: Gasol/Robinson/Udoh
SF: Mbah a Moute/Johnson/Outlaw/Honeycutt
PG: Thomas/Fredette

Scoring at the 1, 4, 5, balance at the 2, and a defensive stopper at the 3. Sure, MAM doesn't score for anything, but that might work with the other 4 looking for shots.
If you watched the saga of Pau Gasol, you would know that he most effective as a center in the low post, and just doesn't play nearly as well away from the basket. Thats one of the problems with the Lakers right now. They have Howard in the low post, and thats forcing Gasol to play in the high post. He had problems playing with Bynum for those same reasons, and always played better when Bynum was out injured. Also, I've decided that Robinsons future is at SF. He has a nice looking jumpshot. He only needs to get consistent with it. He's as quick if not quicker than most SF's in the league, and he handles the ball well enough. I honestly believe that SF is going to be his best position, and a position where he won't be undersized.

I like Jenkins! He's a very good shooter, and to be honest, SG's are a dime a dozen unless they're named Kobe, Wade, or Jordan. I'd get rid of Outlaw as soon as possible, but I would hang on to JJ a bit longer to really see what a good coach could do with him. He's a very good defender. Most people on this fourm know that I like Udoh quite a bit. I like to see him get a legit chance. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of a 5'9" starting PG. I think players like Thomas can be good guys to bring off the bench for a change of pace, but this team, and I doubt any team will ever win a championship with a midget PG. Especially a midget PG that thinks he's a SG. I'd prefer to get rid of IT and bring in a Lowery, or someone else of that caliber.

As for Honeycutt, I have no idea what will happen with him. Why preytell is he sitting on our bench instead of playing in the D-League? Whats the point of that? He'll be going into his 3rd year, and we have no clue how good he can be. At least in the D-League he'd be getting playing time. Maybe we can't afford the plane ticket to Reno.