Parking at G1C?

Maybe we can have a thread specifically for news about the opening of G1 Center and everything people will need to know to research seating, traffic, events and such?

Gonna start with this SacBee article (I know we hate the Bee but sometimes the info actually helps..)

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/transportation/back-seat-driver/article95645927.html

EDIT: I've split out a couple of different topics so people won't have to wade through parking discussion if they're wanting to talk about fan fest, etc. -- VF21

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like I'm often bashing Kings administration, so I'm not going to comment on the fact that, as far as I know, there has been no pre-paid parking offered to STH as yet. They did imply this would happen months ago but... KANGZ

Looks like it will be every man for himself.

Of course maybe they are sending pre-paid parking options to club and courtside members, I wouldn't know about that.

As I reported on here weeks ago, about a month ago my son called our STH rep and asked when we can get in G1 Arena see how a mature gentleman can park, enter, find the path to our seats and do so without too many steps and stairs. He said the plan was to have an open house for STHs the last weekend in September. Haven't heard anything more. Call your rep for an update and share with us.

I kind of like my rep - but he nor his superiors hardly ever have a straight answer to a straight question so I don't call them much anymore. I just plan on trying to scramble a parking place within a long walk (I don't mind a long walk) and get there super early.

I think their communication with the STH base - on parking and other things - has fallen far short of professional and calling them to ask about it is just rubbing their face in it and is not fun.

Someone else do it :)

Glenn

Hall of Famer
As I reported on here weeks ago, about a month ago my son called our STH rep and asked when we can get in G1 Arena see how a mature gentleman can park, enter, find the path to our seats and do so without too many steps and stairs. He said the plan was to have an open house for STHs the last weekend in September. Haven't heard anything more. Call your rep for an update and share with us.
I remember your question and am eager to hear an answer as are you.

I got a little info on the phone, and I think there will be a formal announcement in the next day or so. Parking will be managed by the City, not by the Kings. It will be via an app called SacPark.

There will be a chance to buy pre-paid parking at a discount over day of game parking, but it isn't necessarily anticipated to be scarce like parking at a Raider game for example. And you won't be able to sell or transfer pre-paid parking through the Kings ticketing system. Who knows maybe stubhub will have a market for parking (you can get SF event parking on stubhub for the various lots around ATT park).

So the advantage to buying pre-paid parking might not be so strong as I thought. I thought maybe the Kings would sell a reserved spot in a very close garage - and issue passes that could be transferred electronically with the tickets. But from my conversation today I think parking will be a business relationship between the fan and the CITY (not the Kings). But I'll watch for the official notice and relay any info I pick up.

I got a little info on the phone, and I think there will be a formal announcement in the next day or so. Parking will be managed by the City, not by the Kings. It will be via an app called SacPark.

There will be a chance to buy pre-paid parking at a discount over day of game parking, but it isn't necessarily anticipated to be scarce like parking at a Raider game for example. And you won't be able to sell or transfer pre-paid parking through the Kings ticketing system. Who knows maybe stubhub will have a market for parking (you can get SF event parking on stubhub for the various lots around ATT park).

So the advantage to buying pre-paid parking might not be so strong as I thought. I thought maybe the Kings would sell a reserved spot in a very close garage - and issue passes that could be transferred electronically with the tickets. But from my conversation today I think parking will be a business relationship between the fan and the CITY (not the Kings). But I'll watch for the official notice and relay any info I pick up.
Thanks for the report. No mention of Disabled parking so far. Next we need a city parking lot list with location and layout.

Glad Ill be biking to any G1 event. Parking is gonna be a huge CF.
It's not, really. Not any worse than getting in and out of Arco. I heard a piece on the radio with (I believe) John Dangberg. I was skeptical just like everybody about parking/traffic, etc. After 10-15 minutes of listening to how they're planning this, I'm convinced it'll be a lot easier than people are thinking.

These are the main points of what he said, from what I can remember:

Sac gets 100k people in and out of downtown every day already. The volume of people at that time of day is not a problem at all for the current infrastructure. The day workers will have mostly exited by the time people are beginning to arrive for a game (say 6:30-7).

There are 10,000 parking spaces at Arco. There are 10,000 surface spots within something like ten minute walk of the arena.

Many people will Uber/Lyft.

They are improving light rail, and many people will use that.

EVERYBODY drove and parked at a game at Arco. Biking, light rail, uber, arriving early, hell even folks who are already working downtown will just stay, have dinner and go to the game.

The overall ease and travel time, door to door, to an event at G1 Center I think will be a lot better than Arco. Plus, you can come early for a drink/dinner, or stay late, all of which is totally foreign to Kings fans attending a game, but really makes the whole thing more fun.

However, the G1C's going to be a lot more full than Arco lately, so there's that... ;)

But I agree with you: biking to a game will be the best!

Last edited:
I wonder how, exactly. And how soon.

I'm wondering if it will be worthwhile to park and ride from the Watt Ave/80 station for those coming from the Northeastern suburbs. After all these years, I wish they'd find a way to extend past the Watt station out toward Citrus Heights/Roseville/Rocklin/Auburn.

It's not, really. Not any worse than getting in and out of Arco. I heard a piece on the radio with (I believe) John Dangberg. I was skeptical just like everybody about parking/traffic, etc. After 10-15 minutes of listening to how they're planning this, I'm convinced it'll be a lot easier than people are thinking.

These are the main points of what he said, from what I can remember:

Sac gets 100k people in and out of downtown every day already. The volume of people at that time of day is not a problem at all for the current infrastructure. The day workers will have mostly exited by the time people are beginning to arrive for a game (say 6:30-7).

There are 10,000 parking spaces at Arco. There are 10,000 surface spots within something like ten minute walk of the arena.

Many people will Uber/Lyft.

EVERYBODY drove and parked at a game at Arco. Biking, light rail, uber, arriving early, hell even folks who are already working downtown will just stay, have dinner and go to the game.

The overall ease and travel time, door to door, to an event at G1 Center I think will be a lot better than Arco. Plus, you can come early for a drink/dinner, or stay late, all of which is totally foreign to Kings fans attending a game, but really makes the whole thing more fun.

However, the G1C's going to be a lot more full than Arco lately, so there's that... ;)

But I agree with you: biking to a game will be the best!
You can't compare Arco to the G1. No way.

Arco has 4 ways to get in and out. Huge interchanges to shuttle traffic in and out and plenty of lanes to accommodate everyone if they decided to drive. Arco and the G1 will be night and day. G1 does not and will never have the smooth in and out capabilities that Arco had.

I have a feeling parking will turn out more like AT&T park in SF. If you want to drive, your gonna pay for it. Parking in SF can range anywhere from $20 (if your willing to do some serious walking) all the way up to $50. Eventually it will work itself out.

I wonder how, exactly. And how soon.

I'm wondering if it will be worthwhile to park and ride from the Watt Ave/80 station for those coming from the Northeastern suburbs. After all these years, I wish they'd find a way to extend past the Watt station out toward Citrus Heights/Roseville/Rocklin/Auburn.
We rode light rail from Folsom into downtown a couple years ago and it was not a pleasant experience. For everyones sake I hope RT has cleaned up their trains and stations.

Save yourself a spot with early access to parking passes!

As a valued Season Ticket Member, we’re offering you an opportunity to purchase Kings full-season parking passes before they go on sale to the general public. If you plan on driving downtown to see the Kings this season, we highly recommend taking advantage of this exclusive opportunity to make your game nights more convenient. Pre-paid season parking passes are limited and subject to availability.

On Thursday, August 25 at 10:00 a.m. we will be sending you a link and personal access code to purchase your parking pass via the new SacPark website. This City of Sacramento site will act as a hub for all the facts you’ll need to know about parking in the facilities surrounding Golden 1 Center. If you have any questions about the process, you can also reference these helpful FAQs.

Thank you for being part of the inaugural Kings season at Golden 1 Center.

Last edited:

1. Chris Granger ‏@cgkings
      36m36 minutes ago
      Chris Granger Retweeted Sac Business Journal

@SacramentoKings season ticket members begin to reserve downtown parking today. #OneStepCloser #SacramentoProud

So here, Chris Granger is saying that people are getting their parking reservations starting today. I get my password next week.

Once again, as usual, I'm delighted with the way the Kings are communicating and treating their customers. This is why I will not buy gear ever.

1. Chris Granger ‏@cgkings
      36m36 minutes ago
      Chris Granger Retweeted Sac Business Journal

@SacramentoKings season ticket members begin to reserve downtown parking today. #OneStepCloser #SacramentoProud

So here, Chris Granger is saying that people are getting their parking reservations starting today. I get my password next week.

Once again, as usual, I'm delighted with the way the Kings are communicating and treating their customers. This is why I will not buy gear ever.
It's the upper end ticket prices that get them today.

How upper end? John has pretty good seats.
Club and courtside holders get em starting now. Then people who had prepaid parking last season. Then, and last, finally.... me :)

I'm 5th row past the club seats. $175 avg per ticket which was really stretching me and my partners to the max but we did it (could never have come close to doing it without having two parters in it all the way. I believe the cheapest club seats were $200 but I'm not sure. Also, the Club guys bought 3-5 year contracts with some substantial price hikes built in. I wasn't willing to do it (what if I sign the contract and then my partners split after year one... yikes!) and I'm fine with special perks for those who were - although preference to people who had pre-paid parking last year feels a little arbitrary since the circumstances are so different this year. I'm sure it feels fair to them though lol.

Club and courtside holders get em starting now. Then people who had prepaid parking last season. Then, and last, finally.... me :)

I'm 5th row past the club seats. $175 avg per ticket which was really stretching me and my partners to the max but we did it (could never have come close to doing it without having two parters in it all the way. I believe the cheapest club seats were $200 but I'm not sure. Also, the Club guys bought 3-5 year contracts with some substantial price hikes built in. I wasn't willing to do it (what if I sign the contract and then my partners split after year one... yikes!) and I'm fine with special perks for those who were - although preference to people who had pre-paid parking last year feels a little arbitrary since the circumstances are so different this year. I'm sure it feels fair to them though lol.
I think club starts at $230. That was the lowest they offered me. I'm first row after the club. I don't like the offer to last years either. I will need disabled parking for most of the games too.

I saw on TV I think (maybe it was web-surfing) that it is about $15/game, and pre-paying gets you a 25% discount down to $11.25. Could be off though.

You can't compare Arco to the G1. No way.

Arco has 4 ways to get in and out. Huge interchanges to shuttle traffic in and out and plenty of lanes to accommodate everyone if they decided to drive. Arco and the G1 will be night and day. G1 does not and will never have the smooth in and out capabilities that Arco had.

I have a feeling parking will turn out more like AT&T park in SF. If you want to drive, your gonna pay for it. Parking in SF can range anywhere from $20 (if your willing to do some serious walking) all the way up to $50. Eventually it will work itself out.
AT&T has nowhere near the street parking and garages within walking distance that G1C currently does, just based on the sheer geography. ATT is basically on a small protruding peninsula, so just by sheer geography, you're dealing with 360 degrees vs. about 150 degrees of area. Parking and driving in SF is hectic anyways, during virtually any hour. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

AT&T has nowhere near the street parking and garages within walking distance that G1C currently does, just based on the sheer geography. ATT is basically on a small protruding peninsula, so just by sheer geography, you're dealing with 360 degrees vs. about 150 degrees of area. Parking and driving in SF is hectic anyways, during virtually any hour. I guess we'll see how it turns out.
When I went to ATT for the Guns n Roses show (which was freaking epic!!!) I found a gem of a parking deal. Pier 30 is this huge lot just a very reasonable walk from the ballpark. As long as you can leave one hour after the event is over, you're golden. and, you keep your keys so you effectively have an in-out privilege should you want it. It cost me $14 for an all day pass including the event. On/off the bay bridge is a piece of cake. Concert was on a Tuesday so maybe it is worse for weekend Giants games but the next time I go to a Giants game I'm for sure checking it out. Highly recommended.

If G1C presents anything that good I'll be a happy camper.

When I went to ATT for the Guns n Roses show (which was freaking epic!!!) I found a gem of a parking deal. Pier 30 is this huge lot just a very reasonable walk from the ballpark. As long as you can leave one hour after the event is over, you're golden. and, you keep your keys so you effectively have an in-out privilege should you want it. It cost me $14 for an all day pass including the event. On/off the bay bridge is a piece of cake. Concert was on a Tuesday so maybe it is worse for weekend Giants games but the next time I go to a Giants game I'm for sure checking it out. Highly recommended.

If G1C presents anything that good I'll be a happy camper.
They were saying something like 11-20 dollar price range on parking. Less if you reserve in advance. They're trying to incentivize people using city garages.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member