Otag will be big + in the middle

6th said:
Well, the jury is still out on that because the Kings don't usually reveal terms of a contract. I will tell you what the 2 sides believe. It is supposed to be around $4million.

Now, the fans who are upset that the Kings only offered Vlade $2.5 million (and want to be mad at the Maloofs that Vlade left for the Lakers) believe that OTag is getting approx $4 million per year...2 yr contract.
Frankly, it wouldn't bother me if Ostertag was being offered more than Vlade. Vlade's offense, despite brief sparks of genius, has been decaying for years, and I'd value OTag's defense (thuggish though he may be) more than Vlade's as well.

Otag will be capable of making an important contribution if he does what he's supposed to do. Perhaps now that he has an easier job than in Utah, he'll be more consistent.

Superman said:
I wonder what Darius minutes will look like...
well when you factor in the 10+ games webber is probably going to miss ( as he has most of his career) i'm guess daruis gets spot starts or extended minutes off the bench, so i'm thinking a season average of around 15 a game. i'm hoping he gets to play more then he did last year towards the end of the year.

Like some others who mentioned it, even I think that Ostertag in place of Vlade is a good move. Ostertag's defensive game was help to cater to one of our needs. Also the way Vlade was playing last season, it seemed that he is really old and every year its going to be worse now. I think got rid of Vlade at the right time. I would dare to say this inspite of the fact that he is one of the most popular names in Sacramento. But the truth is that the time had come.

im looking forward to seeing him back up brad miller. he brings a low post presence (at least defensivley) that could really help us. he can alter shots and block them too.:)

Like I've said all along all I wanna see Tag do is block some shots, grab a board, and throw someone to the ground if need be.

Maybe with Tag being in the middle 15min+ a game teams will think less about driving to the hole. If thats all he does thats good enough for me.

bdouble013 said:
Like I've said all along all I wanna see Tag do is block some shots, grab a board, and throw someone to the ground if need be.

Maybe with Tag being in the middle 15min+ a game teams will think less about driving to the hole. If thats all he does thats good enough for me.
i couldn't agree more;)

A

AriesMar27

All i wasnt to see is him blocking shots all night. too many pg's get easy lay ups against us, it'll be funny to see cassell get by bibby then get smacked silly and then sent to the line twice in less than 3 minutes....

bdouble013 said:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I want from him. Clog the lanes and bump guy’s hard (legally, of course) that do attempt to come through. Contest dunks even when you know they have a good chance of posterizing you. Most importantly, have a good attitude, don't try to do things you know you can't do; know your role.

He is a whistle magnet, but I think that's partly because he overplays a lot to keep Sloan from gouging his eyes out. Plus he’ll be coming off the bench so that should also help alleviate some of the drawbacks of getting into foul trouble.

AriesMar27 said:
All i wasnt to see is him blocking shots all night. too many pg's get easy lay ups against us, it'll be funny to see cassell get by bibby then get smacked silly and then sent to the line twice in less than 3 minutes....
:) that should be fun to watch

I think some of y'alls (dang, now I'm saying it) expectations are a bit high. Tag's not even gonna be a starter; 4 assists per game would shock me.

I certainly don't ever want to see him attempting to run the offense. In fact, I never want him to touch the ball except to:
1. Rebound
2. Block
3. Dunk
4. Snag the jump ball

And 6 hard fouls per game. That will make me smile.
~~

kingsnation said:
Yeah, and we were just fine w/ Vlade and Pollard. Of course we made it to the WCF, and almost the Championship. Brad and Ostertag are basically a flat-out upgrade of that duo or basically even.
I couldnt agree more