Opening day for playoffs.. sweet memories

It's unfortunate that we have become so numb to bad basketball that this time of the year it has been ingrained in us to count those lottery balls, and the chances that we can land one of the best palyers coming out in the draft.. it almost makes us forget that sweet optimism that comes along with opening day of the playoffs.. that feeling that if the matchups went right your team could make a conference finals run.. the understanding that playoff basketball brings a whole nother level of intensity and emotion.

I guess now I have to have to live vicariously through other fans experiences and support another team. Hopefully the glory days return one day

its like a new type of basketball. I remember being a kid and waking up to the opening games of the playoffs on Saturdays when the kings were very much a part of it all. those days seem like so long ago.

I really thought it was the Bulls.. thought they were better than the Heat.. incredible bad luck regarding Derrick Rose..

East
I think the Heat will win, would like Bulls
West
I think the Lakers will suprise and win, for some reason I like the Clippers

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. You are apparently discussing something beyond the memory of any living Kingsfan. Who has a memory that lasts that long? Is all of this hullaballoo somehow related to this?:

Last edited:
i think it's going to spurs and heat in the nba finals. Who wins i dont know. As far as the kings not making the playoffs, its depressing. I grew up watching such a great team and it sucks knowing we got screwed out of a ring and incredible bad luck with webber going down the year after. We possibly could of won back to back rings, but we are left with nothing. 6years later we havent made the playoffs since which is frustrating. I'm also a A's and raiders fan. My teams haven't made the playoffs in a long time. Let's hope we can luck out in the draft, sign some good free agents, and not trade tyreke. I have a feeling tyreke's jumper is coming around considering how he shot towards the end of the season. With a full off season with the shot doc he can still turn into that player we all know he can be. Him and DMC can hopefully lead us back into the playoffs and hopefully the finals in the next few years.

I have no probllem with the Jazz personally, but that is one of the most imbalanced first round series of the entire playoffs. I'll give the Jazz credit if they can stretch the Spurs to 5 games

I have no probllem with the Jazz personally, but that is one of the most imbalanced first round series of the entire playoffs. I'll give the Jazz credit if they can stretch the Spurs to 5 games
Really? I think the games will all be pretty close. I don't expect to win the series but the games will be close games. The Jazz have been playing a big lineup that has been really great defensively. With the way the Jazz started the season I am absolutely thrilled to be in the playoffs, especially with the growth of our young guys.

Last edited:
Really? I think the games will all be pretty close. I don't expect to win the series but the games will be close games. The Jazz have been playing a big lineup that has been really great defensively. With the way the Jazz started the season I am absolutely thrilled to be in the playoffs, especially with the growth of our young guys.
have you seen the spurs play lately, they are 2-3 deep at every single position and tony parker has been killing it quite possibly the hottest team coming into the playoffs. I think the jazz will play hard as always and may steal one but its more than likely a sweep.

I can't root for teams with players that i just despise. Heat, Clips, Lakers, OKC, NYK.

Honestly i'd like to see the Pacers or Atlanta do something, i couldn't begrudge the spurs a run to the finals either.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm going to put my money on the Spurs this year. They're playing like a well oiled machine, and I think they know this could be the last time around with a chance to win the whole banana. My second choice would be the Thunder, who I see as us, in the future. (I can dream can't I?) Not sure why UK_King hates the Thunder. I certainly have no ax to grind with them.