Only DeMarcus Cousins trade rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can accept a trade of DMC and a 'fresh start', but the comments from Vlade and Vivek are inexcusable. They lied to DMC I guess to give the impression they planned to keep him ato drive up his value. Then they panic and pull the trigger on a trade THREE days before the deadline because they had a better deal on the table get pulled two days ago? Does anyone believe they could not have gotten this NO deal in the offseason, even if they told the world they weren't going to give DMC his extension? I've defended vlade in the past and explained some of his fishy comments to the press were because English was his second language, but this crap is worse than the ineptitude of the clippers from the 80's. They have blown this on so many levels it's unbelievable.

I also find it hard to believe that whoever offered them the better deal wouldn't have followed through if he'd called them back to let them know he was about to pull the trigger on the NOP deal. Unless he really pissed them off and they just didn't want to deal with him. Btw no one will ever convince me Vivek wasn't involved in this. It stinks of him.

Btw, pretty classless to give Boogie once last kick on the way out by saying "character matters." Yes it does Vlade, and Cousins showed more character by staying loyal to this god-forsaken franchise since he got here than the organisation has shown to anyone in the last decade.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

I find it interesting, in situations like this, how whose reports you believe tend to be informed by which position you were predisposed to believe in the first place.

How awesome is it to know that Grant has been doing radio interviews all day and he has more after the show. Grant spouting his absolute hatred for cousins. It's personal and grant has gotten ugly over demarcus. I hate that he's spouting his bull S all over the country.

Hell no. Grant's gonna need a box of tissue next to him to wipe his drool as he's verbally massaging Vlade's ego.
turned it on real quick and the first thing i heard was doug about to make his point which was opposite of grant. grant cut him off and questioned him. doug then probably had flashbacks of his wife berating him and quickly changed his mind and sided with grant. i think it was about the kings not surrounding dmc with help. grant said they have and most people with a brain know they havent.

How awesome is it to know that Grant has been doing radio interviews all day and he has more after the show. Grant spouting his absolute hatred for cousins. It's personal and grant has gotten ugly over demarcus. I hate that he's spouting his bull S all over the country.
He's actually been very clear that he thinks DeMarcus is a great person off the court and has been great for the community. He just doesn't like him as a basketball player. You might want to get your facts straight before you throw out the "hate" word.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=18725359

According to Zach Lowe, Cousins ruined Stauskas. He was a big bully who constantly berated him, and even tried to fight him on the plane to China.

I think this report along with many other former players coming out concludes that Cousins was a cancer.
Many other players? Can you please link me your sources? And by that I mean actual quotes by players not just some so called media guy saying his "sources" said.

He's actually been very clear that he thinks DeMarcus is a great person off the court and has been great for the community. He just doesn't like him as a basketball player. You might want to get your facts straight before you throw out the "hate" word.
Please. Grant back peddles and mentions what a great guy cousins is OUTSIDE the game when he knows he has overstepped his boundary. Did you hear grant yesterday? Yes, grant has an unhealthy hatred for cousins. It is strangely personal with grant.

Basic rhetoric for people trying to hide their true intent.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Actions speak louder than words. Or, in Napear's case, his other words speak louder than those words. I don't believe for a second that Napear is remotely sincere when he says that he thinks that Cousins is a great person, whether "off the court," or anywhere else. He's a liar.

Please. Grant back peddles and mentions what a great guy cousins is OUTSIDE the game when he knows he has overstepped his boundary. Did you hear grant yesterday? Yes, grant has an unhealthy hatred for cousins. It is strangely personal with grant.
You guys are nuts. You want to place blame on Grant for this? You're overlooking the technicals, the suspensions, the running coaches out of town, the teammates who hated playing with him, the immaturity, etc. etc. This is on Cousins. You're delusional if you think Grant Freaking Napear has the power to run a guy out of town.

You guys are nuts. You want to place blame on Grant for this? You're overlooking the technicals, the suspensions, the running coaches out of town, the teammates who hated playing with him, the immaturity, etc. etc. This is on Cousins. You're delusional if you think Grant Freaking Napear has the power to run a guy out of town.
who the hell said grants the reason for cousins leaving. I certainly didn't. You told me to get my facts straight because I said grant hates cousins. Sounds like you haven't heard much of grants show.

Cousins is gone because we have the worst FO in all of sports. Not because of Grant. I just don't think its healthy that our team TV voice has such an unhealthy obsession with our star player. How many TV or radio voices do you hear making their rounds around the country telling everyone he would have traded cousins for nothing. He's a cancer. Grant has problems man.

Please link me to your sources, who actually have quotes from the players involved. Thanks!
I just listened to this podcast posted by 206 above. There was no quote, no source nothing...basically just a guy telling stories about DMC and after they talked about the plane incident, they quickly went to a Youtube video were Cousins and Gay and Evans if I recall it correctly filled STauskas appartement with popcorn using that as a hint, how bad DMC is to his teammates, of course leaving out, how Gay and other Kings players were also involved.
That's excactly what it is - gossip masked as internet journalism.
So please come up with some actual quotes. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.