Only DeMarcus Cousins trade rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i can see partially why they pulled this lame duck trade. who knows how cuz would act if he was still on the team and there were trade rumors swirling.

The main spin masters of that special absurdly wrong narrative have gone not so strangely silent at the moment.

That's what you get for drinking the kool aid despite all signs things were tragically unwell.

We now have proof. No one knows what they're doing in management. The incompetence is blinding.
Just to top it all off, Cousins will likely sign with the Lakers after next year and make the playoffs. The Lakers media people are now saying this is actually good for them. That they didn't have to give up any assets and can just sign him as a FA. Cousins can say he likes NO all he wants, but there is no connection there like he did with Sac. Boogie is a big time competitive guy so is he going to be ok to play second fiddle to the Brow?

Part of me wonders if that Boston win never happened would this still have happened. Boston has won like 10 of 12, one loss to us
If the FO really looked at that one win as justification, then they just proved they have no reason holding their jobs. Look at the team's record of with and without Boogie through the years. That win against Boston took Collison playing like an all star. How many times can you rely on that?

Last edited:
I'm down with this team for awhile. I just can't believe this organization would make such a trade. I defended them time and time again, but it's truly apparent that Vivek and Vlade are incompetent. DeMarcus was the best thing to happen to this city since C-Webb came here.

I WANT VLADE AND VIVEK OUT OF THIS ORGANIZATION NOW!!!

K

KingsFan80

One think I was heard this morning is one of the reasons the Kings traded Cousins is because they cannot get free agents to sign because of Cousins. Nobody wanted to play aside him and the FO had heard that over and over. IMHO the FO just did a pee poor job if selling the team because they don't know what they are doing

One think I was heard this morning is one of the reasons the Kings traded Cousins is because they cannot get free agents to sign because of Cousins. Nobody wanted to play aside him and the FO had heard that over and over. IMHO the FO just did a pee poor job if selling the team because they don't know what they are doing
I don't agree with that sentiment. SAC has never been a free agent destination. They certainly aren't going to be now when you best player is an underwhelming 23 year old rookie.

Y
I don't agree with that sentiment. SAC has never been a free agent destination. They certainly aren't going to be now when you best player is an underwhelming 23 year old rookie.
Yeah, they have never been able to get FAs here. That's why trying to save $200 million doesn't make sense. What else are you going to spend it on... 4 Afflalos?

Also, used to be a SD Charger fan..My sport's year has sucked rocks.

K

KingsFan80

I didn't say it was true..I am saying this is what the FO has been telling people within the the organization. Vlade and Vivek honestly believe by doing this they will now get Good FAs. I am telling you, they are clueless. What a mess

Y

Yeah, they have never been able to get FAs here. That's why trying to save $200 million doesn't make sense. What else are you going to spend it on... 4 Afflalos?

Also, used to be a SD Charger fan..My sport's year has sucked rocks.
Kings gonna spend it on broken players coming off major injuries e.g. Wesley Mathews.

Free agents only come to a winning environment. The Kings won't be winning for years to come. If Vlade couldn't sell a franchise with DMC, he can't sell a franchise without him. Actually I'm not sure if Vlade can sell anything. He got fleeced twice in a trade now. How should anyone living an NBA life take this dude seriously. He also lost any credibility of being a GM, who treats his players with respect, if rumors are true, that DMC found out about the trade during an interview on All-Star-Day.
No matter if this is a business, that's not how you should approach things, especially if you are the GM of a small market franchise trying to change the perception of the franchise.
The worst thing Boogie has ever done, was throwing profanities at people face to face. To me backstabbing your most loyal player possibly even without calling him in person is worse.

Free agents only come to a winning environment. The Kings won't be winning for years to come. If Vlade couldn't sell a franchise with DMC, he can't sell a franchise without him. Actually I'm not sure if Vlade can sell anything. He got fleeced twice in a trade now. How should anyone living an NBA life take this dude seriously. He also lost any credibility of being a GM, who treats his players with respect, if rumors are true, that DMC found out about the trade during an interview on All-Star-Day.
No matter if this is a business, that's not how you should approach things, especially if you are the GM of a small market franchise trying to change the perception of the franchise.
The worst thing Boogie has ever done, was throwing profanities at people face to face. To me backstabbing your most loyal player possibly even without calling him in person is worse.
Vlade couldn't sell me a used car. On the bright side, at least he didn't give up our 2021, 2023, 2018+2020 pick swap to get rid of Cousins.
#TrustTheProcess

Part of me wonders if that Boston win never happened would this still have happened. Boston has won like 10 of 12, one loss to us
If that's true then it's just the front office looking at only what they want to see, with a sample size of one game. They disregard the games where Cousins was out, and where the team was definitely worse, with a sample size of more than one game. What is clear is that DeMarcus Cousins makes teams better

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yah... I was thinking that last night. That one win will haunt us for years and years and years.
I anticipate, if I do decide to stick around, that I'm going to be passive aggressively referring to the Celtics game the same way that certain other fans passive aggressively refer to the "GOAT 9-6 record" for at least the next decade.

So when do you local guys expect Vlade, Vivek or Joerger to release some kind of statement? I'm really curious how they will legitimate this trade and if Joerger was involved in the decision.

If that's true then it's just the front office looking at only what they want to see, with a sample size of one game. They disregard the games where Cousins was out, and where the team was definitely worse, with a sample size of more than one game. What is clear is that DeMarcus Cousins makes teams better
Our front office would never make a drastic change based on a small sample size.....right? Let's ask coach Malone.

Status
Not open for further replies.