Only DeMarcus Cousins trade rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many people reupped their season tickets and then they do this? LMFAO classic vivek move.
It's not too far off to speculate, that this was the whole pupose of this season. Get people to reup their season tickets for Golden 1 center in order to not play in an empty arena from the start and then go full tank mode.
I'm just really glad I'm an international fan and didn't give the Kings my money.

The problem that most have with this try is, how the heck did Blade get so little in return for essentially 28pts, 11 rebs & 5 assist?

Not one all star & one 1 first round pick?

I have to think that Vivek had cold feet on paying Boogie that $219 million that he promised & decided to trade him. Vivek is supposedly kind of tight with money after buying the team. For some owners, their team is just a toy. For vivek, he needs it for profit.
that fool paid/paying malone, interim coach and winningnest coach in history still. dude is a buffoon.

What if somehow the league denied the trade just like they did with the Chris Paul to Lakers and DMC was back in Sac for Thursdays game. Vivek would have no choice but to go into hiding!

Wow what a night. Even me, as a very vocal critic of Vlade, am surprised. Did you all read the Woj article? According to him Vivek didn't want to trade DMC but was talked into it by Vlade and his clown team.
Yeah, I read that. But reading it and believing it are two very different things.

Ranadive has already been caught on multiple occasions of trying to re-write history to make himself look better. I don't trust him and likely never will. Until there's real information to the contrary I'm going to continue believing the narrative that Vivek asked Vlade to bring him the offers for Cousins and chose New Orleans because he liked Buddy Hield.

But just as with the Malone/PDA debacle it doesn't really matter what Vivek did or didn't do. He's the majority owner of this franchise and the ultimate decision maker. This team has been rudderless, ineffective and terrible during his tenure. He is an awful owner, maybe the worst in the NBA.

What if somehow the league denied the trade just like they did with the Chris Paul to Lakers and DMC was back in Sac for Thursdays game. Vivek would have no choice but to go into hiding!
The league could only do that because at the time the NBA technically owned the Hornets after they bought them from George Shinn to push him out of the league. So it wasn't the league denying the trade, it was the owner of the Hornets who happened to be the NBA.

The only way I see this trade falling through is if Tyreke fails his physical and the Kings use that as an opportunity to show the seller's remorse that they should be drowning in right now.

Don't worry guys we will get the first pick, of course we won't get Faults though he'll be going to Philadelphia. What a ****ing joke a dynasty was created last night.

K

KingsFan80

Yeah, I read that. But reading it and believing it are two very different things.

Ranadive has already been caught on multiple occasions of trying to re-write history to make himself look better. I don't trust him and likely never will. Until there's real information to the contrary I'm going to continue believing the narrative that Vivek asked Vlade to bring him the offers for Cousins and chose New Orleans because he liked Buddy Hield.

But just as with the Malone/PDA debacle it doesn't really matter what Vivek did or didn't do. He's the majority owner of this franchise and the ultimate decision maker. This team has been rudderless, ineffective and terrible during his tenure. He is an awful owner, maybe the worst in the NBA.
I am actually ok with trading Cousins, if the return was good enough. The problem is this return looks it was completed by a bunch of jokers --which just goes along with the other moves that have been made so far under Vlade/Vivek. These guys are clueless

Don't be surprise if that looming $219 million extension was the hidden motivation for vivek to send cousins out the door. He is supposedly worth $700 million of which almost all of it is from the Kings. He's sold his other business & needs this team to profit.

Under that circumstance, you it's much easier to convince yourself that its better to rebuild & that getting only one 1st round pick is a good deal.

We have become the 76ers without future 1sts, Embiid, and Simmons. So ya we're the Nets and they have a better SG prospect in Levart. Just embarrassing man

dave/kayte just said kings were really high on buddy hield during draft and moved down bc he was taken.

"on our team.. i think we need shooting" dear god nothing has changed. new gm but vivek pulling strings behind the scenes on roster management
Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress

It was widely discussed that Vivek Ranadive was head over heels in love w/Buddy Hield in last year's draft. Only owner to attend his Pro Day

It disturbs me that knowledgeable fans are the butt of this joke. All season long we have laughed at seemingly ignorant Cousins trade rumors: "no way, he said he will resign with the Kings!", "that's ridiculous, Vlade said there will be no trade!"

And now all of a sudden all the ignorant rumors are in retrospect justified, because we made a trade that is far worse than any of them. The rumormongers were right, and too many fans were wrong in trusting the competence and common sense of this front office.

Not only are this team's owners and managers idiots, they make everyone who believed in them feel like an idiot, too.
A friend and I almost fought when the rumors started last night. I was like shut the **** up we won't trade Boogie for a 23yr old SG when we have Richardson/Bogdan. The jokes on me.

I mean why the **** would you not trade for DRuseell than. crap at least he can create for his ****ing self and he's young.

K

KingsFan80

Here with the daily reminder:
Kings gave up more for cap space, than they received back for DeMarcus Cousins

Cap space assets: Nik Stauskas, 2016 swap pick, 2017 swap pick, and 2019 1st round pick
Cousins assets: Buddy Hield and 2017 1st round pick.

Vlade needs to get out.
He is a joke. Never should have been an NBA GM. We are paying for it now

K

KingsFan80

A friend and I almost fought when the rumors started last night. I was like shut the **** up we won't trade Boogie for a 23yr old SG when we have Richardson/Bogdan. The jokes on me.

I mean why the **** would you not trade for DRuseell than. poopoo at least he can create for his ****ing self and he's young.
Something is happening with this as well. Why trade for Hield if you have Richardson and Bodgan? My guess is Vlade found out Bodgan isn't coming--which is why the Suns traded him and we were dumb enough to accept it. They are making us look like clowns now

Ranadive has already been caught on multiple occasions of trying to re-write history to make himself look better. ... He's the majority owner of this franchise and the ultimate decision maker. This team has been rudderless, ineffective and terrible during his tenure. He is an awful owner, maybe the worst in the NBA.
I agree with the point that the local media is full of stooges that will spin this for Vivek and won't be breaking the dirty details any time soon ...

But the idea that our incompetent front office, believed that moving Cousins was the best long term solution, but got nowhere with a logical process or fielding a competent office because Vivek didn't want to hear it.

Followed by the front office rushing to trade Cousins for thirty cents on the dollar because Vivek's whims had swayed to trading Cousins, but might not stay stay that way for long. Sound very much like the deep systemic issues that have murdered this team since Vivek got his hands on it.

With our luck Tyreke will prob be 100% healthy next year and putting up all star numbers.
Smh some people don't learn. If we have any success with Evans he'll be shipped out, example Malone, Boogie, and IT.
What do they all have in come? They'll be playing in May, that's a young coach be 2 elite young players

And here I thought my girl dumping me would be the worst thing to happen in February. My god was I wrong at least she called last night, the only time we'll see Boogie is when he's hanging 50+ on us.

Well hold on a minute ... this argument you've put forward is the exact reason why many "Cousins haters" said we couldn't win with Cousins, because the franchise hadn't done diddly-squat to build around him for 6 years. You know what the response was? Different FO, in Vlade we trust. Joerger, culture change. Vivek doesn't meddle anymore.
The main spin masters of that special absurdly wrong narrative have gone not so strangely silent at the moment.

That's what you get for drinking the kool aid despite all signs things were tragically unwell.

We now have proof. No one knows what they're doing in management. The incompetence is blinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.