Ok, this should make you misty

EDIT: My brother has since figured out the ticket issue.

My younger brother David (34) and I (38) used to go to all kinda Kings games when we were kids, my Grandfather had season tickets. My Grandmother would go often too. For a while, they had three tickets, and we would alternate going: Me, Grandma & Grandpa (we called him "Popeeze"), then Dave, Grandma & Popeeze. My Grandfather passed 12 years ago. I've moved away, but visit every summer, and cherish every moment with my amazing 93 year old Grandmother.

I wasn't there, but apparently at the holiday festivities down in Cali some Kings talk came up, and she happened to mention how much she misses going to those games with our Grandfather. I spoke to my brother Dave on the phone today, and he told me he's going to surprise my Grandma and take her to the Kings/Cavs game on Jan 11. Sunday earlier start works better for her.

I have a request.

I love as many of you as you can to stop by and see her! She's an amazing lady and still very sharp. Everybody loves her and she loves meeting new people. If you plan on going, I'll eventually post what seats they are sitting in, and I'd love if you'd stop by. If you do plan to do so, let me know and we'll exchange real life names, etc., so I can tell her my "Kings fans friends" will be stopping by.

She's really one of those old school legendary fans ("Ohhhhh I just loooooove that Chris Weber!!"). Season tickets since day one... all the way up until the year he passed (2002). I think she kept the tickets for a year or two after, but as you can imagine, it wasn't the same without him. She hasn't been in ages. So, this Kings game will be a chance for her to remember her beloved Claude, and to spend some very special time with her second favorite Grandson, and a fine gentleman, my brother David. Meeting them will make your night for sure.

Let me know!

Jered
The Hammer

Last edited:
(posting here and in tix thread, mods do as you wish)

My younger brother David (34) and I (38) used to go to all kinda Kings games when we were kids, my Grandfather had season tickets. My Grandmother would go often too. For a while, they had three tickets, and we would alternate going: Me, Grandma & Grandpa (we called him "Popeeze"), then Dave, Grandma & Popeeze. My Grandfather passed 12 years ago. I've moved away, but visit every summer, and cherish every moment with my amazing 93 year old Grandmother.

I wasn't there, but apparently at the holiday festivities down in Cali some Kings talk came up, and she happened to mention how much she misses going to those games with our Grandfather. I spoke to my brother Dave on the phone today, and he told me he's going to surprise my Grandma and take her to the Kings/Cavs game on Jan 11. Sunday earlier start works better for her.

Two things.

1. Does anybody have tickets!??! I guess they're sold out. Lower bowl preferred. It's a special occasion so they can be close/expensive.

2. I want as many of you as you can to stop by and see her! She's an amazing lady and still very sharp. Everybody loves her and she loves meeting new people. If you plan on going, I'll eventually post what seats they are sitting in, and I'd love if you'd stop by. If you do plan to do so, let me know and we'll exchange real life names, etc., so I can tell her my "Kings fans friends" will be stopping by.

She's really one of those old school legendary fans ("Ohhhhh I just loooooove that Chris Weber!!"). Season tickets since day one... all the way up until the year he passed (2002). I think she kept the tickets for a year or two after, but as you can imagine, it wasn't the same without him. She hasn't been in ages. So, this Kings game will be a chance for her to remember her beloved Claude, and to spend some very special time with her second favorite Grandson, and a fine gentleman, my brother David. Meeting them will make your night for sure.

Let me know!

Jered
The Hammer

Sorry, Man. If I had, I would.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Ok then my brother doesn't know what he's talking about. He'll get tickets. Mostly I just want some people to stop by and say hi to my Grandma!
BTW, I think that they may have been going on Eastern time - I think Cavs tickets may have opened up 45 minutes ago. Good luck!

BTW, I think that they may have been going on Eastern time - I think Cavs tickets may have opened up 45 minutes ago. Good luck!
Thanks man. I think he found some info on the the website that he thinks is reliable. And yeah, I think he told me 9 pm today. He had his cell phone set for an alarm to alert him!

Kings.com says 9 pm pacific time tomorrow (Sunday).

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Thanks man. I think he found some info on the the website that he thinks is reliable. And yeah, I think he told me 9 pm today. He had his cell phone set for an alarm to alert him!

Kings.com says 9 pm pacific time tomorrow (Sunday).
Oh, duh. It's such a long weekend I can't keep track of what day it is!