Ok, I have to brag.....

So I don't do this often but I need to brag on the ownership of the Jazz. The Miller family has transferred the ownership of the Utah Jazz and Vivint Smart Home arena to a trust. This not only means that they will stay in Utah for the foreseeable future but that the profits from the Jazz will stay in the trust to build the team.

This is totally unprecedented in professional sports. I can not tell you how grateful I am to the Miller family for their commitment to the Jazz and the state of Utah.

Go Jazz!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So I don't do this often but I need to brag on the ownership of the Jazz. The Miller family has transferred the ownership of the Utah Jazz and Vivint Smart Home arena to a trust. This not only means that they will stay in Utah for the foreseeable future but that the profits from the Jazz will stay in the trust to build the team.

This is totally unprecedented in professional sports. I can not tell you how grateful I am to the Miller family for their commitment to the Jazz and the state of Utah.

Go Jazz!
Congratulations. :)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I never felt like there should be any reason to think the Jazz should ever leave Utah. The fan support is very obviously there. I don't know the details on why the family transferred ownership to a trust but it's good to know it seals the deal on keeping the Jazz in SLC for the foreseeable future.

The family get some estate taxes also. Moving the team into a trust ensures their granchildren and their children don't sell the team.

Take note NFL.

Last edited by a moderator: