OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

Entity

Hall of Famer
KingsChamps06 said:
I wouldnt mind trading Kenny Thomas for Antonino Davis!! That would be awesome! The only thing about that is that he is 37...Dont know how much longer he will be around, and Kenny Thomas is WAYYY over paid...So the contracts couldnt match up..But that would be an interesting trade if it happened
Thomas is still useful to us to be trading for nothing such as this trade. I am doing it to get $ off the books and open the door for Barnes. I like KT's ability to go after the ball and get rebounds and his ability to score. His defense is suspect because of his height but he is more useful to us than Corlis.

Davis won't be involved in any deal with us. We would have to pay lux tax on his salary, which is huge, and/or have to give up multiple players to balance out the deal. Can't happen either way.

Its funny that we always talk about "bleeding talent" yet people are so quick to move Corliss, Kenny, etc. Corliss and Kenny could very well be important pieces to our success next year. I would be shocked to see Geoff Petrie to just dump them, if he has a choice not to.

I think at least one of them is gone, two at the most. But that is a stretch. I wouldn't be that disappointed or anything if they all stayed Kings though, they can be good back-ups. I just put some guys ahead of them.

Entity said:
Since Chicago is interested in Songalia. Do you think they would want to do a sign and trade us sending a signed Songalia and Corlis Williamson for Antonio Davis. We would come up about 2 mill short i don't know if any trade exemptions are available or how much a future 2nd rounder would add in to the equation. This trade doesn't make us better but we do get a little more size inthe 4-5 slot and he comes off the books at the end of the season. Then we could sign Matt Barnes to back up Peja.

Bibby, Hart, Price
Bonzi, Martin, Garcia
Peja, Barnes, maybe Thomas
Shareef, Thomas, Davis
Miller, Skinner, Davis
I wouldn't mind Davis, he's tough and is still a decent/okay big man. Just that he's 37, and is owed 13,900,000 for next season (last year). But age doesn't seem to be much of a factor like PJ Brown.

Last edited:
K

KingsChamps06

I really dont care for Kenny to much...If Kenny was 6'9 ,play better defense, and had a better court sense than I would say keep him...but Kenny is very streaky...After his break out 32 point game against the Lakers last year he completly disappered...He stop going for boards and wasent scoring much...I dont know maybe im wrong cause everyone on this thread really jocks him hard...All my friends and other people I talk to agree with me that Kenny is OK...

Entity

Hall of Famer
Does anybody else notice that the stocks of these free agents are dropping the later it gets. Mo was wanting around 4 or 5 mil a year and settled for 3 years 4.5 mil. it makes me wonder about Reggie Evans. I haven't seen many rumors or teams in demand for him. If his stock drops as others have and we could get him for 2 mil or less it would be good. I am interested to see what Songalia is offered.

Entity said:
Does anybody else notice that the stocks of these free agents are dropping the later it gets. Mo was wanting around 4 or 5 mil a year and settled for 3 years 4.5 mil. it makes me wonder about Reggie Evans. I haven't seen many rumors or teams in demand for him. If his stock drops as others have and we could get him for 2 mil or less it would be good. I am interested to see what Songalia is offered.
Hell yeah, I'd love to have Reggie on this team! Reportedly, the T'Wolves have had interest in Evans for a couple weeks or so, and contract talks between Evans and Seattle began last week, and there hasn't been much progress or anything out of them up to this point. That is the only team I've seen interested in him at all since the 76ers way back in July (was just a mention with other guys on a list).

Skinner could split at PF/C or be the back-up center.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Entity said:
1)The problem with Reggie is that he is a restricted FA, so even if we did sign him to a $2mil offer sheet, the Sonics would almost surely match and keep him.

2) of course that's moot because we are totally out of money to throw at FAs now. Only thing we can ioffer is vet minimums, and maybe sing and trades.

Bricklayer

SacTownKid said:
Its funny that we always talk about "bleeding talent" yet people are so quick to move Corliss, Kenny, etc. Corliss and Kenny could very well be important pieces to our success next year. I would be shocked to see Geoff Petrie to just dump them, if he has a choice not to.
I think there's a reason people talk about bleeding talent without considering Corliss or Kenny into the equation. ;)

That level of "talent" can be had every single year in the FA market with your MLE. Very tough to bleed middling talent away other than just being Sterling-like cheap. Bleeding talent would be losing the special players who are tough to replace, not the middle of the road guys. In any case, if nothing else we partially reversed that trend this summer. Now just a question of the wrong type of talent and not concentrated enough.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KingsChamps06 said:
I really dont care for Kenny to much...If Kenny was 6'9 ,play better defense, and had a better court sense than I would say keep him...but Kenny is very streaky...After his break out 32 point game against the Lakers last year he completly disappered...He stop going for boards and wasent scoring much...I dont know maybe im wrong cause everyone on this thread really jocks him hard...All my friends and other people I talk to agree with me that Kenny is OK...
So which is it?

You've convinced yourself to change your own mind in the middle of your own post.

;)

Adrian Griffin, and a pick if needed. I'd like that a lot.

Davis I wouldn't really mind coming here, but he's 37 and is owed 13,900,000 for next season. He's still a pretty decent big though, from what I saw last season. I think he'll stay at Bulls though..

Entity said:
Since Chicago is interested in Songalia. Do you think they would want to do a sign and trade us sending a signed Songalia and Corlis Williamson for Antonio Davis. We would come up about 2 mill short i don't know if any trade exemptions are available or how much a future 2nd rounder would add in to the equation. This trade doesn't make us better but we do get a little more size inthe 4-5 slot and he comes off the books at the end of the season. Then we could sign Matt Barnes to back up Peja.

Bibby, Hart, Price
Bonzi, Martin, Garcia
Peja,maybe Thomas
Shareef, Thomas, Davis
Miller, Skinner, Davis
Sounds pretty much similiar to my idea that I had but with thomas included in the aswell in the sign and trade along with Corliss. We could even get Nocioni thrown in aswell from there end if we give up a pick.

This would make our line up look like this:

Bibby, Hart, Price
Bonzi, Martin, Garcia
Peja,Nocioni, Barnes
Shareef, Davis, Skinner
Miller, Skinner, Davis

We could than next year use our MLE to sign a back up PF. This would give us addition salary cap flexibility since we would be losing Corliss and Kenny's contracts.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

allrightythen said:
How would that work out? Would you play SAR at the SF and start Chandler at the PF or bench one of them and start Nocioni at the SF?
SAR at SF. Nocioni to back him up (at least in my case). You'd have a lot of flexibility to go big or small though.

Bricklayer said:
SAR at SF. Nocioni to back him up (at least in my case). You'd have a lot of flexibility to go big or small though.
Shareef would be p*ssed if we moved him to SF. He wouldn't let it be known, but he would be looking for a way out. He is a PF.

T

thesanityannex

I'm not gonna even bother reading the link, that was the blazers, this is the kings. SAR has said he wants to win, and I believe he will do WHATEVER it takes, including moving to the sf position.

How about Corliss for Jumaine Jones? More if necessary. I think Phil would like Corliss, and I think I remember hearing/reading Phil not really liking Jones and he was on the trading block or something like that. I really like Jones' game, and he'd be a really good back-up for Peja, would give us more versatility. In the last year of a cheap contract as well.

http://www.hoopshype.com/players/jumaine_jones.htm

Last edited:
Jones is a solid player, but there's no way the Lakers would take on Corliss' salary since they're in cost-cutting mode in anticipation of free agency in the next two years. He'll be a free agent next year though.