Official NCAA College Football 2014-2015 Season

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Since College football is starting up on Thursday, I figured I'd get a thread started about all college football talk here, I don't know how many fans of college football there are but me personally I enjoy it very much, it has grown on me over the years and Saturday is an absolute frenzy of games! Discuss.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This Florida State/Oklahoma State game is entertaining! Didn't realize UCLA was ranked number 7 in the country, wow...they usually aren't known to be a good football program.

I absolutely love college football and college basketball. My rooting for schools I have personal, family, connections to - Arizona Wildcats, Sac State Hornets, UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (except no longer having FB program).

This year with finally NCAA Div. 1 football playoff system in place should make it fun, interesting, maybe less controversial crowning national champion going forward. Plus preserving all the bowl games at seasons end which is such great pageantry and tradition.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I too love the new playoff format they have set up, playing a total of six games, three on New Years Eve and three on New Years Day.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Wow!! what a ending in this USC Stanford game. I love college football! Next up on the dock...Oregon vs Michigan State. Then for the final header, Ohio State vs Virginia Tech.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
USC goes down to Boston College. UCLA vs Texas was a great game from start to finish! I guess I am the only one here that likes college football because I keep talking to myself...:cool:

Nope! Stanford fan here. That USC loss to BC doesn't do us any good, but if the Cardinal can take care of business in South Bend, they'll be getting attention again.

UofA unranked entering game but now 5-0 beating #2 ranked Oregon in Eugene. They feasted on the Ducks last year in Tucson but this one is huge. Now lets see where the Wildcats jump way up to in national top 25.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That was a hell of a game last night by the Wildcats. I'm hoping they make a nice push this year because ASU has lost their mojo since Kelly went down with injury. I also like Ole Miss.

In Starkville, Mississippi State #3 thumps Auburn #2 38-23. Meanwhile, list of undefeated teams grows thinner with remaining Ole Miss, Florida State, Baylor or TCU (score between those two 58-55 late 4Q), Notre Dame and Arizona - yes, Arizona! At this point who could deny Mississippi State #1 ranking based on what they've done over last three weeks - blasting LSU, Texas A&M, and now Auburn. Two very big games left on Mississippi State cowbell fanatics schedule, at Alabama and in Oxford against Ole Miss - then into national championship tourney if they keep going like they are.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Best game of the day so far to me was TCU/Baylor. TCU absolutely blew that game away, they were up 21 points I believe? I am looking forward to watching Arizona/USC, let's go Wildcats!

Hate to blame kickers, but when you miss 3, stupid futzing kicker!!!

Also, I've never been a fan, no matter if it is my team that does it, of those icing the kicker plays where the whistle gets blown as the ball is being snapped, a good field goal is kicked and then in the ensuing rekick the kicker misses.

I don't know how you fix it though. I guess it's great when the kick gets blocked and the icing backfires though.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Kentucky is making things interesting versus 1 Mississippi State. In other games, TCU can put up some serious points. Waiting on Arizona and ASU games for tonight! :D

Also...I'm impressed by TCU this year, they are fun to watch. They are going against Oklahoma State
TCU is really good. My younger cousin was recruited by TCU as a RB/ATH. They were going to give him a full ride scholarship and a lot more....well he was unsure about TCU and declined it...now he's playing for some small unknown state college team. He regrets it a lot now. He would've had a great opportunity at RB.

TCU has to be one of the many surprises this year