O-Tag

VF21 said:
You might want to add:

a guy that can block, rebound and clog the paint AND nearly pass out after running down the court once or twice...
No way he made it at least 4 times down the court before his complection turned a mixture of grayish green and dead.

elitedude said:
I didn't see adlemans reasoning when the kings couldn't buy a rebound in several games. We were getting killed on the boards playing undersized guys. All we had was miller and he was still a bit hurt. Ostertg "finally" is allowed to come in and the game changes. We're getting boards again, good things are happening. Greg is a good rebounder and defender. He should be played more than he is and certainly against taller people like yao and strong people like shaq. We get killed when adleman just lets him sit.

I hope adleman just dislikes him rather than not thinking he is needed in the game at certain points. Because if adleman is not getting it, we're potentially sunk as a team, in critical situations.
It seemed pretty clear to me that he didn't play Tag very often (especially in the playoffs) because he thought Tag would hurt us against teams that run well. RA used to do the same thing with Pollard...he would come out and say before a series that Pollard probably wouldn't get many minutes during the series because of the nature of the opponent. I generally approve of that philosophy, but at times (like many we saw in the Seattle series), that philosophy can be dead wrong. I wish RA had recognized sooner that Tag could make a contribution...sometimes philosophies need to be adjusted in the course of a game.