Now that we know the draft order, who do we draft? (New thread)

Grant just speculated that he has heard Boston could pick Isaac at #3.
Peaches didn't come up with that on his own. That rumor has been floating around for the past few days. Based upon a direct quote from Ainge in which he stated that the player they'll get at #3 is the same one they would have taken at #1 had they remained there, many have speculated that player is Jayson Tatum or Jonathan Isaac. The reasoning is that Ainge can't believe for certain that Josh Jackson or Lonzo Ball would still be there, so it's gotta be Tatum, Fox or Isaac. The 2 SF's make the most sense of the three.

No you aren't. I think pretty much everyone agrees he's going to be a damn good scorer/shooter/transition guy at the next level, but are worried about his height playing the 2 guard. If he can transition to PG, I think he definitely has Dame Lillard type of upside. If not, he's more in the vein of Lou Williams/Jamal Crawford, both of whom are very valuable players. I want Collins at 10, but I wouldn't be upset pairing Fox and Monk again. We know they're awesome together on the floor and we'd have an absolutely explosive back-court with Fox/Buddy/Monk.
Monk has some potential defensively too, if he works hard to develop on that end of the court (assuming he successfully transitions to a PG).

gunks

Hall of Famer
Lonzo Ball reminds me of Jason Kidd, perhaps with a better shot. And two + inches taller. Also a better rebounder. Both have/had deceptive speed. I would take Ball in a heart-beat if he fell.
Lavar really **** on his son's rep. If he wasn't out there making an *** of himself constantly, I think people would be higher on Lonzo.

Lakers will probably pick him 2nd, so the discussion is kinda moot. But if he dropped to 5, I guess you take him and hope his dad dies of an embolism or something before the rookie deal is up.

According to a Chicago writer, KC Johnson, the Suns are trying to trade Bledsoe in trades.. that's ominous for Fox fans, but who knows how accurate that is.

Lonzo Ball reminds me of Jason Kidd, perhaps with a better shot. And two + inches taller. Also a better rebounder. Both have/had deceptive speed. I would take Ball in a heart-beat if he fell.
Without the defense. Hasn't shown the ability to drive to the hoop or play the pick n roll. Major issues for a point guard. Dennis Smith on the other hand excels in the pnr and at driving to the hoop. That's why dsj is just ahead of Ball for me.... Could look very silly on that one in a few years if Ball pans out though.

I feel like everyone is sold on Lonzo to the Lakers. I envision him droping with magic and pelinka sending a statement that they are steering the lakers ship and no one else.

Question is does he drop far enough to us ?

Yes Lonzo did not drive and dunk much at UCLA. He just drove and let someone else dunk. Did Jason Kidd drive and dunk on folks as a freshman at Cal? As for defense, that is to be seen. When you have court awareness a fraction of a second ahead of anybody on the court, that is a god-given gift. Magic Johnson sees it and knows about it.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Some people have Dennis Smith ranked as high as #2 overall on potential so even if Phoenix goes PG there's a chance they go with Smith. It really just comes down to each front office and how their scouts/GM rank these players. I'm trying not to overreact one way or another, but it still seems pretty wide open right now what's going to happen from #2 down. The Lakers, Celtics, Suns, And TWolves have all potentially shopped their picks which means we don't even know who's picking ahead of us yet other than Philly taking Fultz which isn't a secret. Guys I can realistically see going 2-4 are Ball, Jackson, Tatum, Fox, Smith, or Isaac. That's 6 players for 3 spots. Ball to the Lakers and Tatum to the Celtics seem to be the names getting the most heat right now but how much of that is smokescreen? Fox or Jackson are seen as the two worst shooters of that group which hopefully works in our favor. A couple days ago I had Jackson #2 and Fox # 3 on my board but at this point it's more like 2A and 2B. Assuming the first pick is Fultz, I want to hear Ball and Tatum next. That would mean we're getting either Jackson or Fox and I'll be thrilled either way (unless we pick someone else but I don't think we've even worked out Tatum, Smith, or Isaac so I'm less worried about that scenario than usual). Getting pick #10 right is a whole other thing but I haven't heard any of the players I like in that range connected to us so I'm less optimistic there. As long as we get #5 right I don't care all that much if we end up wasting #10.

Some people have Dennis Smith ranked as high as #2 overall on potential so even if Phoenix goes PG there's a chance they go with Smith. It really just comes down to each front office and how their scouts/GM rank these players. I'm trying not to overreact one way or another, but it still seems pretty wide open right now what's going to happen from #2 down. The Lakers, Celtics, Suns, And TWolves have all potentially shopped their picks which means we don't even know who's picking ahead of us yet other than Philly taking Fultz which isn't a secret. Guys I can realistically see going 2-4 are Ball, Jackson, Tatum, Fox, Smith, or Isaac. That's 6 players for 3 spots. Ball to the Lakers and Tatum to the Celtics seem to be the names getting the most heat right now but how much of that is smokescreen? Fox or Jackson are seen as the two worst shooters of that group which hopefully works in our favor. A couple days ago I had Jackson #2 and Fox # 3 on my board but at this point it's more like 2A and 2B. Assuming the first pick is Fultz, I want to hear Ball and Tatum next. That would mean we're getting either Jackson or Fox and I'll be thrilled either way (unless we pick someone else but I don't think we've even worked out Tatum, Smith, or Isaac so I'm less worried about that scenario than usual). Getting pick #10 right is a whole other thing but I haven't heard any of the players I like in that range connected to us so I'm less optimistic there. As long as we get #5 right I don't care all that much if we end up wasting #10.
Your right, Its completely wild right now and I have lost track of all the possible trades. Virtually impossible to tel what is true and what is smokescreen. So I have no idea who is going 1-4. At this point I'm just going to watch who is falling to #5.

If its Fox, great, pick him and call it a day.

If its Jackson, take him or package him for Porzingis.

If its Tatum I'm also fine with it but I know some are lower on him, but hey, you can still take Isaac then or try to trade the pick. Or you just take Dennis Smith and bank on Joerger getting him to buy in.

Regarding 10, I'm not that high on it either, but I think you can do worse. In last years draft we would have probably taken PapaG or Sabonis. I'd take any of Collins, Mitchell, Ntilikina or Markannen above them. Who do you like at 10?

Interestingly, DX has Ntilikina falling down to #15. They are usually pretty reliable a few days before the draft. I thought he was going to Dallas or NY. Jawun Evans is now down to #41. What?

Kidd was a better athlete and much quicker. I remember Kidd going the full length of the floor for a layup against Duke to win the game in 4 seconds in the Tournament.

I'm loving it.

In one days time this roster won't look how it looks now. Not just the two, momentum changing top ten picks, but we are going to be accumulating assets with this space

I really hope the kings would take Harkless and Leonard's contracts. They're both players of need and fit. Also, they're on a "reasonable" contracts. I hope the Kings would get POR's 20th pick along with a 2019 1st round draft choice for their troubles.

If the kings can come out with Fox, Collins/Monk, Justin Jackson, Lydon, Harkless and Leonard, then I will be very happy. And if they can manage to get Patrick Beverley, that's a very good blend of veteran players with youthful players.

I think Kings pick will be impacted by Vlade's confidence to sign whichever vet from Europe will come here. For example, if Teodosic comes over, Vlade may not draft a PG with our 2 lottery picks. That would mean something like a Tatum and Markannen pick. That would be an NBA 3.0 roster that just shoots from everywhere. :)

If there's good change for Bogdanovic to come, Vlade may opt not to take a SF. That would more likely be a Fox/Collins with 5 and 10.

As I said, Fox is my choice. If he's gone, and we have to choose between Tatum and Isaac, I go with Isaac. I love his upside and his defensive potential. At 10 Collins is a big possibility, but I know drafts never go as we expect, so I'm sure someone will fall and we can grab him.
At 34 I don't know, I'll trust Vlade here!

At five I prefer Fox. But assuming Fultz and Ball go 1 & 2 (as it seems they will) then there's Fox, Jackson and Isaac and the Kings should take one of them.

If Fox is the pick at 5 I'm coming around to Markkanen as the pick at 10 if he's there.

If Jackson or Isaac are the pick at 5 I'm hoping Ntilikina or Smith (I'd prefer Smith) are there at 10. Otherwise you go BPA. Collins, Mitchell, etc

I think Kings pick will be impacted by Vlade's confidence to sign whichever vet from Europe will come here. For example, if Teodosic comes over, Vlade may not draft a PG with our 2 lottery picks. That would mean something like a Tatum and Markannen pick. That would be an NBA 3.0 roster that just shoots from everywhere. :)

If there's good change for Bogdanovic to come, Vlade may opt not to take a SF. That would more likely be a Fox/Collins with 5 and 10.
I agree that the Serbian sweepstakes could be a factor in Vlade's decision-making. But how does Bogdan signing with us translate to "we no longer need to draft a SF"? Bogdan is a 6'6" SG who can give you some minutes at PG and SF - depending on matchups. I think Bogdan's (prospective) signing with us means that "we'd be stupid to waste a pick on a SG." Which means if Monk is available at #10, you trade the pick.

I agree that the Serbian sweepstakes could be a factor in Vlade's decision-making. But how does Bogdan signing with us translate to "we no longer need to draft a SF"? Bogdan is a 6'6" SG who can give you some minutes at PG and SF - depending on matchups. I think Bogdan's (prospective) signing with us means that "we'd be stupid to waste a pick on a SG." Which means if Monk is available at #10, you trade the pick.
The Kings draft decisions can't involve whether or not Teodosic and Bogdanovic are likely to sign. Besides, even without Bogdan the Kings already have too many SGs and one who looks like their starter for years to come in Hield. And while Teodosic has a lot of good years left, he's much older than the Kings young guys so even with him in the fold, drafting a young PG makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, I think the real key to this draft is Fultz, Ball and Tatum going 1-3. If that's the case then the Kings can't lose at #5 with Fox or Jackson.

I've seen three mocks now that Have the Kings getting Josh Jackson and Dennis Smith. I have enough questions about Smith that I'd be uneasy taking him at 5. But gambling on him at 10? I'd love that. And if the Kings could sign Teodosic it would actually be perfect. You'd get a kid with a ton of potential but who needs to learn to run a team learning from an elite playmaker and winner.

Trade Afflalo's contract for a Portland contract for cap relief (I'd want Harkless but the Blazers would want to pawn off Leonard or Turner) for #26 and then grab Ojeleye at 26 and Frank Jackson at 34 and you've got a pretty good looking team. I'd even resign Tolliver after all the dust settles just to add a stretch 4 and veteran presence.

C Koufos/Cauley-Stein/Papagiannis
PF Labissiere/Tolliver/Leonard
SF Jackson/Richardson/Ojeleye
SG Hield/Bogdanovic/Temple
PG Teodosic/Smith/Jackson

If we select a SF at 5, I prefer Isaac, Tatum, Jackson in that order. I just have a bad feeling about Jackson. I just get a feast or famine vibe with him. I accept being in the minority.

If we can grab Fox at 5 though then it wont be an issue.