Now that we know the draft order, who do we draft? (New thread)

Discussion in 'Personnel moves' started by VF21, May 16, 2017.

1. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

I closed the old "who do we draft" since it was incredibly long and based on a guess as to where our picks would land. Now that we know we're going 5 and 10, what do you think?
  2. gunks

gunks Well-Known Member

I'm just pumped we moved up from 8 to 5 (albeit at the cost of the 3rd pick).....

We're in range for a PG! Woot!
  3. CyKings

CyKings Well-Known Member

5th pick - Dream: Josh Jackson
    Realistic: De'arron Fox

10th pick - Dream: Dennis Smith Jr. if we pick a SF with 5th pick
    Lauri Markkananen if we pick PG with 5th pick
    Realistic: Justin Jackson if we pick PG with 5th pick
    Frank Ntilikina if we pick SF with 5th pick
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  4. Kingster

Kingster Well-Known Member

Draftnet has Tatum as #5 and Nt at #10.
    KestrelKing and Khanh like this.
  5. SacTownKid

SacTownKid Well-Known Member

So awesome. The Kings should have a great chance to get their PG and SF with tonights results.
    ppine and lwc like this.
  6. Entity

Entity Well-Known Member

I would be contacting Boston offering Kosta and #5 for the #1. They don't need a pg
    ppine likes this.
  7. ockingsfan

ockingsfan Well-Known Member

It's going to take a lot more than that to move up to #1.
  8. Castasic

Castasic Member

Now what is the most we are willing to give up to get to #1? 5/10/Bogdan?
  9. ovrush

ovrush Active Member

I don't think Koufos, 5, and Bogdan would be enough. I don't think we have the assets to get to 1. I actually am more curious if we have the assets to get from 10 to 7 (which would most likely allow us to get Fox and Isaac). I think getting to 5 means we can now get Fox, but most likely a PG will be left at 10 making us either take 2 pgs or taking a lower level of talent. Neither of which sounds great.
  10. Jimbob

Jimbob Well-Known Member

Tatum or Fox at 5 and depending on which one..
    Collins or Frank N at 10
    John Galt likes this.
  11. roasthawg

roasthawg Well-Known Member

Fox or Smith at #5. That's it.
  12. The Effort Police

The Effort Police Active Member

Lol wut?
  13. Khanh

Khanh New Member

Lock up our go to scorer in Tatum at 5. Then grab whichever pg falls to us at 10
    John Galt likes this.
  14. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Well-Known Member

At #5 Fox or best PG available and then Issac at #10 or best available on the board. Incredible to have two top 10 picks. Really almost like having three considering Bogdanovic on Kings roster next season (hopefully). Yes, IN VLADE WE TRUST!
  15. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

5 - Fox or Smith

10 - BPA regardless of position
    roasthawg likes this.
  16. Sam0ah

Sam0ah Active Member

I think BPA at 5.
  17. roasthawg

roasthawg Well-Known Member

This!!! People thought we could get Smith at eight but I wasn't one of them. This guarantees us Smith at the worst with a shot a Fox!!
    King Baller likes this.
  18. kingsboi

Smith is a top 5 player IMO, if the Kings like what they see from him in workouts, I won't be mad at all with him being drafted. I look forward to the workout videos.
    kingsfan1984 and roasthawg like this.
  19. funkykingston

funkykingston Well-Known Member

I think Fultz and Ball go 1 & 2 for sure.

Philly is a mystery at 3. They should take Jackson but he's not a great fit. Monk is a great fit but IMO that's too high to draft him. Maybe they trade back to get Monk, pick up another piece and finally offload Okafor? I'd love for them to take Monk at #3 (that's what DX has in their mock draft) but I think whether they keep the pick or trade the pick Jackson goes #3.

Phoenix could take Fox at 4 but then the pressure is on to trade Bledsoe and/or Knight. Tatum makes more sense for them. And I'd like to see that be the pick at #4. Tatum scares me. He could be a go-to scorer and perennial all-star but he's also an iso heavy player that reminds me a lot of Jabari Parker and Rudy Gay though Gay was more athletic coming out of college.

In any event, short of Jackson somehow slipping to #5 or the Kings trading up to get him (if the Sixers really want Monk would Philly swap #3 for #5 and Malachi?) my hope is that Fultz, Ball, Jackson and Tatum go 1-4 giving the Kings their choice of the remaining PGs.

No matter what, a guy I really like will be there at #5.

Now I'm wondering what it would take to swap #10 for #7 or #8 to ensure they get two of my favorite prospects.
  20. Sam0ah

Sam0ah Active Member

If Ball slipped to 5 would you guys take him?
  21. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Well-Known Member

Only if Lavar Ball did not move to Sacramento:rolleyes:
  22. New Era

New Era Well-Known Member

Yeah, you would have to. No chance the Fake Show doesn't take him at #2 though.
    lwc and roasthawg like this.
  23. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

What would you guys rather do if these were the scenarios?

Get Fox at 5 and then pick either Collins, Markannen, Trade or Isaac if still there? I listed those in the order of odds with Collins being almost a sure thing at 10 and Isaac being the longest shot to still be there.

or...

Get Tatum at 5 and then pick Ntilikina, Collins, Markannen, Trade or Smith if still there?

Scenario 1 we get a fantastic PG prospect but our pick at 10 will more than likely not fill a need unless something miraculous happens and Isaac is still on the board. Scenario 2 we have the best shot at filling our SF and PG needs but that's a big drop off in PG talent and that's one of the hardest positions to fill. We're more than likely going to take Ntilikina at 10 unless for whatever reason, Smith is still there but I see that as the longest shot of all the picks.

What do you guys think?
  24. SacTownKid

SacTownKid Well-Known Member

Fox, Tatum, and Josh Jackson are the only players I'd consider at 5. One of them will be there, you take the one and move on. At 10 you take one of Smith or Ntilikina.
    John Galt, lwc and Sam0ah like this.
  25. kingsboi

Smith won't be there at 10 IMO
  26. Sam0ah

Sam0ah Active Member

I like everything I read about Tatum. He seems like a real hard worker...
  27. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Well-Known Member

Plz plz plz Fox be there @ 5. As for #10 I take OG.
  28. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

1. He won't.
    2. I wouldn't.
  29. ockingsfan

ockingsfan Well-Known Member

Speaking of the lakers, isn't it just so convienient that the lottery played out perfectly for the Celtics, Lakers and philly picking 1,2, &3??? o_O
  30. OptimusRhyme

OptimusRhyme Jive Turkey Contributor

C- Koufos/Papagiannis
    PF- Skal/WCS/Isaac
    SF-Temple/Bogdonovic/Isaac
    SG-Hield/Richardson/Galloway
    PG- Fox/Lawson/Galloway/34th pick

Ideally, I'd like to see this roster next year. I think Vlade should do whatever he can to make sure he gets Fox..
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    ppine and King Baller like this.