Nick Collison?

I wouldn't mind drafting him in this years draft. He'd be good insurance to Bibby (who I don't really want to trade after watching the 02 Lakers series over and over :D ) and he seems to have alot of upside. Jet like speed and lock down defender with a growing offensive game.

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/darrencollison.html

Then we could trade someone (e.g Bibby, SAR, Miller?) for another pick or a young big. Then we'd have a core of Martin, Collison and ? along with Douby, Garcia, Price and Williams on the bench.

I really think Martin is developing even more lately. Even in his "bad" games he's still scoring 20+ points. He's playing even more out of his skin lately, he has so much more potential and he's already a great player. I love the dude!

Can't wait for tongihts game against Denver, I actually get to see a Kings game!

I just realised I've managed to go off topic in my own thread :eek:

I think you mean Darren Collison. Nick Collison plays for the Sonics (Jayhawk alum).......ironically, I think that Nick would be an interesting fit for the Kings if he were available.

Yeah, I meant Darren Collison. I don't know much about Law so I can't say much, but from reading about Collison it seems he has excellent potential to be a lock down defender, while also being good on offense, something that we are going to need in the future to win a 'chip alongside Martin and a young big.

If we are to pick a point guard, Acie Law would be a better choice IMO (if hes still around by Sac's pick)

I really like Acie Law IV...he's a fiery guy, a great leader, good defender. But I worry that he's a bit of a shoot first kind of guy. Collison is an excellent floor general who is always looking to set up teammates for an easy bucket. I would not complain if we got Law IV, but I would probably prefer Collison.

collison isn't going to come out this year.

That's what I understand as well, but we'll see how UCLA does in the tourny and if that changes anything.

That said, other than Law, who's proven he can lead a team and take the big shots, I'd say next year is the year to draft a PG. I'd still like to see us tank or trade up to get a big man to build around this year, and snag a PG in next year's draft.